ImageImage

2015 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Re: 2015 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#61 » by Newz » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Sling is now available across the country.

ESPN
ESPN2
AMC
TBS
TNT
Food Network
HGTV

You can sign up for a week long trial and see how you like it.

I was going to cancel my Charter TV this month anyway, and this is a nice alternative.

Linky link.

Going to check this out when I get home. If it had Fox Sports I would be ordering it without thinking twice... but the exclusion of Brewers/Bucks games in the package kind of sucks.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,042

Post#62 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:25 pm

Newz wrote:

ESPN
ESPN2
AMC
TBS
TNT
Food Network
HGTV

I was going to cancel my Charter TV this month anyway, and this is a nice alternative.

Linky link.

Going to check this out when I get home. If it had Fox Sports I would be ordering it without thinking twice... but the exclusion of Brewers/Bucks games in the package kind of sucks.

One thing I've kinda learned is how rarely I watch live sports at home on the TV, which...is basically why I thought I wanted TV in the first place. I've been watching all my NBA on Ballstreams, and last summer I used MLB.TV for baseball. NFL/NCAA are about the only places I really need live programming anymore.
Newz
Banned User

Post#63 » by Newz » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:27 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Newz wrote:

ESPN
ESPN2
AMC
TBS
TNT
Food Network
HGTV

Linky link.

One thing I've kinda learned is how rarely I watch live sports at home on the TV, which...is basically why I thought I wanted TV in the first place. I've been watching all my NBA on Ballstreams, and last summer I used MLB.TV for baseball. NFL/NCAA are about the only places I really need live programming anymore.

I barely watch TV at all. Right now I have a Roku and an Amazon Prime membership... that's it.

What is Ballstreams?
Newz
Banned User

Post#64 » by Newz » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:One thing I've kinda learned is how rarely I watch live sports at home on the TV, which...is basically why I thought I wanted TV in the first place. I've been watching all my NBA on Ballstreams, and last summer I used MLB.TV for baseball. NFL/NCAA are about the only places I really need live programming anymore.

I looked up Ballstreams and can't get to the site from work. I understand what it is now...

I guess my question is with NBA copyright licensing and League Pass... how is Ballstreams legal? Is it actually safe to order it?

If it is that + the TV package you linked seems pretty ideal.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:39 pm

Newz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:One thing I've kinda learned is how rarely I watch live sports at home on the TV, which...is basically why I thought I wanted TV in the first place. I've been watching all my NBA on Ballstreams, and last summer I used MLB.TV for baseball. NFL/NCAA are about the only places I really need live programming anymore.

I looked up Ballstreams and can't get to the site from work. I understand what it is now...

I guess my question is with NBA copyright licensing and League Pass... how is Ballstreams legal? Is it actually safe to order it?

It's probably not legal, and I honestly have no idea how it's still running. But it was up and working all of last season and I've been using it uninterrupted this season too. The feeds are better quality than League Pass, it's cheaper, you can rewatch archived games, and the lag most nights is only a difference of 5-10 seconds from what's happening on TV. On Friday night I went to a bar to catch the Hawks/Warriors and they didn't have the game. So at our table I used my iPhone to stream the game and it worked perfectly (we weren't all huddling around my little phone but it was useful to keep up).

I signed up for three months in November, re-upped again a week ago.
Newz
Banned User

Post#66 » by Newz » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:40 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Newz wrote:

It's probably not legal, and I honestly have no idea how it's still running. But it was up and working all of last season and I've been using it uninterrupted this season too. The feeds are better quality than League Pass, it's cheaper, you can rewatch archived games, and the lag most nights is only a difference of 5-10 seconds from what's happening on TV. On Friday night I went to a bar to catch the Hawks/Warriors and they didn't have the game. So at our table I used my iPhone to stream the game and it worked perfectly (we weren't all huddling around my little phone but it was useful to keep up).

How much does it cost? No local blackouts (so you can view Bucks games) right?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:43 pm

Newz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Newz wrote:

1 Day - $7.49
1 Week - $12.99
1 Month - $17.99
3 Months - $39.99
6 Months - $59.99
1 Year - $99.99

No blackouts.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,641

Post#68 » by Matches Malone » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:46 pm

Newz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Newz wrote:

I used it for the day membership to try it out. I ended up watching the Bucks game in London. I couldn't believe how well it streamed with very minimal lag. Highly recommend ball streams. I especially like how you have to wait for them to give you a pass code so they don't have an abundance of people clogging up their servers. There are no local blackouts as far as I can tell.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Newz
Banned User

Post#69 » by Newz » Mon Feb 9, 2015 2:53 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:1 Day - $7.49
1 Week - $12.99
1 Month - $17.99
3 Months - $39.99
6 Months - $59.99
1 Year - $99.99

No blackouts.

I am going to give it a try. If random charges start popping up on my credit card or if that site closes down... you can expect an angry post pointed in your direction. :P
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,839

Post#70 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Feb 9, 2015 10:57 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Didn't realize Better Call Saul was starting tonight until I saw an ad this morning. I am excite.

I enjoy the first episode. The reviews for season 1 have been very good. New show on tonight at it's regular timeslot. (9pm CST)
ILikeBigBucks
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#71 » by ILikeBigBucks » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:56 am

Didn't know where to post this but didn't want to start a new topic. Just found out that Nick offerman will be do a stand-up show at the pabst theatre in may. Tickets go on sale this week. I know there's plenty of parks and rec fans on here and his stand-up stuff is pretty good too. I'm definitely getting tickets.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:40 am

Sony makes a deal with Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Spider-Man is going to appear in an upcoming Marvel movie. Next Capt filk?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,734

Post#73 » by emunney » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:45 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Sony makes a deal with Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Spider-Man is going to appear in an upcoming Marvel movie. Next Capt filk?

Probably. That's the Civil War one, right?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Re: 

Post#74 » by glenn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:49 am

ILikeBigBucks wrote:Didn't know where to post this but didn't want to start a new topic. Just found out that Nick offerman will be do a stand-up show at the pabst theatre in may. Tickets go on sale this week. I know there's plenty of parks and rec fans on here and his stand-up stuff is pretty good too. I'm definitely getting tickets.

Very cool. Saw him last time he was in town and had a great time.
:reporter:
glenn
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by glenn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:52 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Sony makes a deal with Marvel's Cinematic Universe. Spider-Man is going to appear in an upcoming Marvel movie. Next Capt filk?

Holy ****
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:02 am

Andrew Garfield is out as Spidey. I only watched the movies for the first time last weekend and I thought he did a solid job. Guessing now that the films are in the MCU they could probably get some more star power.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,906

Post#77 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:41 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Andrew Garfield is out as Spidey.

Where are you seeing this? My first question when I read this was whether Garfield would continue in the role.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:49 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Andrew Garfield is out as Spidey.

Where are you seeing this? My first question when I read this was whether Garfield would continue in the role.

Buzzfeed confirmed it.

The did some shuffling with the release dates of the films, everything being bumped back. Here's the new order:

Avengers: Age of Ultron: May 1, 2015
Ant-Man: July 17, 2015
Captain America: Civil War: May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange: November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: May 5, 2017
Spider-Man: July 28th, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok: November 3rd, 2017

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1: May 4, 2018
Black Panther: July 6th, 2018
Captain Marvel: November 2nd, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2: May 3, 2019
Inhumans: July 12, 2019

Bolded were moved.

If Spidey's making an upcoming appearance in a Marvel movie before he gets his own feature, it'd have to be Civil War.

Comic spoiler baseless speculation:

Spoiler:
They could bring back Tobey, forget the last two Spidey films ever happened, kill him off and go with Morales. Would be ballsy for a plot that just came about a couple years ago.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#79 » by Badgerlander » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
glenn
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by glenn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Huh?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks