Dirk Nowitzki
James Harden
Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Kawhi Leonard
Tony Parker
Anthony Davis

**not entirely sure about these dudes.

Anyone wanna rank 'em? Sub in someone I missed?

ETA: Bogut, Irving and James in, Manu, Plumlee out.

Giannis should be waaaay higher due to his abysmal contract.
Also, i would put John Wall top 10 probably , im really impressed by the way he plays.
Giannis Parker
Banned User
And1: 169

Re: Simmons Trade Value Column '15 

Post#42 » by Giannis Parker » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:29 pm

BobbyLight wrote:I'm going to be so, so sad going into next year with Knight making $12mil or more, Jabari not being ready for the start of the season and our 1st rounder, pick 15.

None of this makes much sense lmfao, especially the Jabari part (he will be ready to go by around June)or being upset with a #15 pick (Giannis and Kawhi in recent memory).....
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,059

Post#43 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis should be waaaay higher due to his abysmal contract.
Also, i would put John Wall top 10 probably , im really impressed by the way he plays.

That's just a list of guys. My guess as to their ranking is on the 2nd page.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#44 » by buckboy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:39 pm

I wouldn't take Dwyane Wade for free if I had to pay him that contract.

I think he'll be on there though.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#45 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 pm

You guys take this list way too seriously. He said no 76ers are on the list. Which means he thinks Embiid is a lesser trade chip than Knight. Is there anyone here that would object to a Knight for Embiid swap? Exum was in his hon mention so again, he thinks Knight is worth more than Exum. The list is fun but its horribly inaccurate.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:54 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:You guys take this list way too seriously. He said no 76ers are on the list. Which means he thinks Embiid is a lesser trade chip than Knight. Is there anyone here that would object to a Knight for Embiid swap? Exum was in his hon mention so again, he thinks Knight is worth more than Exum. The list is fun but its horribly inaccurate.

Embiid is the big miss as far as I can tell.

But as for Knight, a lot of national dudes legitimately think he could get at or near the max this summer. We've already had one Jazz poster come here this week thinking a Knight/Exum swap could make sense.

I know most of us here think Knight is horribly overrated, but he seems to have legit value.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,022

Post#47 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:59 pm

The Sixers might be souring a bit on Embiid due to the rumors that he's out of shape and getting into it with trainers and the coaching staff.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm

humanrefutation wrote:The Sixers might be souring a bit on Embiid due to the rumors that he's out of shape and getting into it with trainers and the coaching staff.

I'd move anyone not named Giannis for him, though I admit the risk is **** enormous at this point.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#49 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:02 pm

The Players Union seems uninterested in curtailing the exploding cap. Which means the cap will be 85M (Lux line of ~121M) and salary FLOOR of 76.5M in two years. Not enough guys are even FAs in the next few years to smooth that over so EVERY FA is going to see a massive bump in pay. I really dig that our window is in 3 years so we are going to miss overpaying mediocre FAs. Except for one.

I'd trade Knight for a team controlled cup of coffee. He is the quintessential good stats bad team player. The fact that the offense is better without him and his solid percentages and averages speaks volumes about his offensive value. The fact that some guy on the internet seems to be willing to trade Exum for him means NOTHING.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:07 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:The Players Union seems uninterested in curtailing the exploding cap. Which means the cap will be 85M (Lux line of ~121M) and salary FLOOR of 76.5M in two years. Not enough guys are even FAs in the next few years to smooth that over so EVERY FA is going to see a massive bump in pay. I really dig that our window is in 3 years so we are going to miss overpaying mediocre FAs. Except for one.

I'd trade Knight for a team controlled cup of coffee. He is the quintessential good stats bad team player. The fact that the offense is better without him and his solid percentages and averages speaks volumes about his offensive value. The fact that some guy on the internet seems to be willing to trade Exum for him means NOTHING.

We agree on Knight the player. Maybe more than anything else as it pertains to this team, I simply want him gone before June. But the random internet dude's opinion is less important than national dudes openly saying he should be an All-Star and Simmons saying he could get the max.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#51 » by emunney » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:08 pm

humanrefutation wrote:The Sixers might be souring a bit on Embiid due to the rumors that he's out of shape and getting into it with trainers and the coaching staff.

There was no clear timeline on that article I read other than his brother dying in October, which is the kind of thing that can send anybody into a funk, particularly a man as young as Embiid is. Wouldn't judge him without some perspective on what's going on with him. I didn't like the tone of that article.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#52 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:13 pm

I don't agree. Did you watch Barkley get challenged to name 5 Bucks? His opinion on the Bucks is worthless to me. And if you think his opinion matters to GMs you would be wrong about that too. And thats what we are talking about; guys who don't watch, follow, etc who have an audience. For him to actually HAVE value scouts and GMs on other teams have to want to exchange their assets for him. And I see no evidence of that.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#53 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:18 pm

emunney wrote:

There was no clear timeline on that article I read other than his brother dying in October, which is the kind of thing that can send anybody into a funk, particularly a man as young as Embiid is. Wouldn't judge him without some perspective on what's going on with him. I didn't like the tone of that article.

Definitely true, but usually those statements are derived from sources inside the organization. If BS's Trade Value Column is supposed to determine whether a team would trade an asset for another, maybe he has enough inside knowledge to believe that the Sixers are more open to the possibility of exploring an Embiid trade than was believed by many (including me).

Or maybe he doesn't trust Embiid with his injury history, which is indeed problematic.

Either way, I'd hope that he'd clarify that perspective, as Embiid was the 3rd pick taken in the draft and probably deserves at least an honorable mention.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:20 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:I don't agree. Did you watch Barkley get challenged to name 5 Bucks? His opinion on the Bucks is worthless to me. And if you think his opinion matters to GMs you would be wrong about that too. And thats what we are talking about; guys who don't watch, follow, etc who have an audience. For him to actually HAVE value scouts and GMs on other teams have to want to exchange their assets for him. And I see no evidence of that.

I'm not talking about Barkley, I'm talking about Simmons and guys like Elhassan (former NBA exec). Say what you want about Simmons, but he follows and watches basketball.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#55 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:20 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

I'd move anyone not named Giannis for him, though I admit the risk is **** enormous at this point.

I'd like to see how Parker is doing in his rehab before shipping him off for Embiid. I was very high on Embiid coming into the 2014 offseason (he was my number #1 pick), but his injury history scares the **** out of me.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#56 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Giannis Parker wrote:
BobbyLight wrote:I'm going to be so, so sad going into next year with Knight making $12mil or more, Jabari not being ready for the start of the season and our 1st rounder, pick 15.

None of this makes much sense lmfao, especially the Jabari part (he will be ready to go by around June)or being upset with a #15 pick (Giannis and Kawhi in recent memory).....

Thing is, I think things could be opposite and I've become cynical with the way this year has played out. Jabari should be ready, but this is an ACL, do we have 100% certainty he's ready day one of training camp? That would be a little less than a year. Then you look at the history of the 15th pick in the draft. Those players usually really suck. Giannis is great and Larry sure looked like he could be (I'll never say he was a bad pick because of his current situation). Brandon Knight could very well be overpaid, but we won't really know how badly it impacts us, if at all, until years down the line when we should be much more competitive.

You know, glass half empty vs. half full.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#57 » by Wisky4life » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Player past injuries and state of mind (mental status) scare me the most.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#58 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:35 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:The Players Union seems uninterested in curtailing the exploding cap. Which means the cap will be 85M (Lux line of ~121M) and salary FLOOR of 76.5M in two years. Not enough guys are even FAs in the next few years to smooth that over so EVERY FA is going to see a massive bump in pay. I really dig that our window is in 3 years so we are going to miss overpaying mediocre FAs. Except for one.

We agree on Knight the player. Maybe more than anything else as it pertains to this team, I simply want him gone before June. But the random internet dude's opinion is less important than national dudes openly saying he should be an All-Star and Simmons saying he could get the max.

FTR, the game is going through a real shift. By now teams HAVE to be noticing that the best basketball is being played by teams that move the ball and attack defenses on more than one front. Its more than just one guy looking to break down a defense. The Spurs of the last 4 years have had the 1 seed three times and the 2 seed once. The best teams in the respective conferences are ATL and GSW. But for some reason when some of these front offices negotiate deals its based on stats that are completely buttrussed by ineffective strategy and usage rates rather than efficient and winning basketball. I'd very much like NOT to be one of the teams scratching their heads in a few years when we we do recognize that we are rewarding ineffective play years after the fact because of some outdated and overrated statistical figures rather than integrating stats based on impact.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#59 » by Prince12 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Giannis Parker wrote:

Jabari had acl surgery in late December or early Jan?? Ready to go by June...make that this time next year, maybe a little earlier if absolutely everything goes to plan.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#60 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:55 pm

I'd be shocked if he was ready by June (don't know if that's physically possibly), but ACL injuries w/modern medical technology are in the 8-12 month range.

I wouldn't be so ready to dismiss the idea that he could return in time for the start of the regular season.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks