ImageImage

Bucks will have new colors and logo next season

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Re: Bucks will have new colors and logo next season - Perhaps 

Post#2321 » by cinematographer » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:06 am

I like the M. It's 100% Super Hero/Comic Book and the Brewers already have the market cornered for simple, nondescript Ms
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,841

Re: Re: 

Post#2322 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:07 am

chuckwood21 wrote:The "M" alone is younger and more modern.

If they wanted a "modern" M, they could've done so much better than that. It's beyond bad. If you're a Pontiac fan you gotta like it tho with the Pontiac logo in the middle.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#2323 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:13 am

trwi7 wrote:
NomNomNomParker wrote:Yes, the "M" is in the neck.

Yes. Take the deer head off its resting spot so to speak and that's the M logo that people saw.

The M on the neck is a little different, and look better than the one revealed. Notice all the lines are straight, whereas the ones reveals are curved. Also, there's more space in the middle.
VegasBucks
Ballboy
And1: 24

Post#2324 » by VegasBucks » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:13 am

chuckwood21 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
crkone wrote:The M looks like a space fighter ship or something.

Seriously. All the other font is as plain Jane/classic as you can get (which I'm fine with). And then you have that "M" which just doesn't belong. Absolutely mind-boggling that anybody thought that was a good idea.

They've clearly created a logo pallet that can appeal to a wide range of demographics and age groups.

Hear me out:

The "M" alone is younger and more modern.

By building the "M" into the new buck logo it creates artistic symmetry that people will understand. (similar to how the Brewers worked in their ball and glove logo).

The classic font then allows it to appeal to the simple cleaner look (which I like as well) and allows for a different style of merch - also flows nicely with retro bango.

Basically they created a logo set that not everyone will love, but most people will find something in the group they really like.

I'm really excited to see how they work with the jerseys.

This. It's really genius. That last glass with multiple logos is just amazing - simple yet perfect.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#2325 » by BobbyLight » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:14 am

Thankfully I don't think the concern over the M is going to matter. It wasn't rumored as a logo and I don't see it on that glass except for in the logo with the ball. I don't think we're going to see the M on its own.
chuckwood21
Banned User
And1: 17

Post#2326 » by chuckwood21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:14 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
chuckwood21 wrote:The "M" alone is younger and more modern.

If they wanted a "modern" M, they could've done so much better than that. It's beyond bad. If you're a Pontiac fan you gotta like it tho with the Pontiac logo in the middle.

I don't love the "M" by itself, but there's so much else to like it doesn't bother me like it does you. I think in the end these guys get it and will make very appealing jerseys and merch that most fans will enjoy.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#2327 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:15 am

MadBlueEdwards wrote:
Miasma wrote:Was this posted?

Again, no blue

I don't like the "M", but the rest of those look really cool...especially the state outline. Where did you see this?
You can see in this pic. The M for the neck doesn't even match the other M. That's....strange.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#2328 » by SkilesTheLimit » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:16 am

I get the sense the new ownership wanted to go with a clean Brooklyn Nets type look after seeing all the alternative logos on the glass.

I like them overall. I actually don't mind the "M" at all. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

The one thing I'm scratching my head over is all the people gushing over the Wisconsin logo. Uh, what am I missing here? It's the state of Wisconsin with a basketball and "Bucks" written sideways. What's to love?
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#2329 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:18 am

BobbyLight wrote:Thankfully I don't think the concern over the M is going to matter. It wasn't rumored as a logo and I don't see it on that glass except for in the logo with the ball. I don't think we're going to see the M on its own.

Agree. The M alone will probably be used sparingly. Hopefully at least. It's still fugly tho. Hope it isn't even the secondary logo which is displayed on the courts.
chuckwood21
Banned User

Post#2330 » by chuckwood21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:19 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
MadBlueEdwards wrote:
Miasma wrote:Was this posted?

Again, no blue

I don't like the "M", but the rest of those look really cool...especially the state outline. Where did you see this?
You can see in this pic. The M for the neck doesn't even match the other M. That's....strange.

It's the same, it just looks different because the deer breaks through the top of it causing it to somewhat lose its standalone shape.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#2331 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:19 am

RogerMurdock wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:Okay, I hate everything about this rebrand with the intensity of a thousand suns. But time for some analysis.

The deer sucks. The "M" hoof sucks. The M as a part of a basketball (est. 1968) is quite good.

The Wisconsin Logo is Dope.

The Curved Bucks font should be the uni Wordmark. The one with the outline is very good.

I was totally with you on the desire to stay with green, go Irish rainbow, and even maintain some red if done correctly, but you're losing me now.

You hate everything, but you like the M-basketball, the Wisconsin logo, and the font with the outline. Does not compute.

Here's what they should do with what they've been given.

You don't really want a solid cream jersey, no matter what you think. It won't look good on TV or in person. You NEED white with the cream. So the road should be green dominant with a medium amount of cream and some white, and the home uni should be white dominant with all these other funky colors sharing space more or less equally.

I agree with you here. I'm worried that the home unis will be cream colored, which has a chance to look very bad.

Not sure what doesn't compute. This rebrand sucks as a matter of principle. But I don't have a problem helping those (you know who you are) who don't have a sense of design. Some of this stuff is still better than the current beveled wordmark.
chuckwood21
Banned User

Post#2332 » by chuckwood21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:22 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:I get the sense the new ownership wanted to go with a clean Brooklyn Nets type look after seeing all the alternative logos on the glass.

I like them overall. I actually don't mind the "M" at all. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

The one thing I'm scratching my head over is all the people gushing over the Wisconsin logo. Uh, what am I missing here? It's the state of Wisconsin with a basketball and "Bucks" written sideways. What's to love?

The state logo definitely appeals to the retro crowd imo. That's what I love though, so many options here. If you don't like one, there's something different, yet still on brand, that works for different tastes.
SeanE_Boy
Freshman

Post#2333 » by SeanE_Boy » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:22 am

chuckwood21 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
crkone wrote:The M looks like a space fighter ship or something.

Seriously. All the other font is as plain Jane/classic as you can get (which I'm fine with). And then you have that "M" which just doesn't belong. Absolutely mind-boggling that anybody thought that was a good idea.

They've clearly created a logo pallet that can appeal to a wide range of demographics and age groups.

Hear me out:

The "M" alone is younger and more modern.

By building the "M" into the new buck logo it creates artistic symmetry that people will understand. (similar to how the Brewers worked in their ball and glove logo).

The classic font then allows it to appeal to the simple cleaner look (which I like as well) and allows for a different style of merch - also flows nicely with retro bango.

Basically they created a logo set that not everyone will love, but most people will find something in the group they really like.

I'm really excited to see how they work with the jerseys.

Totally agree with this. I don't particularly like the "M" hats that the owner's and their families were wearing, but I can see some people, especially younger like you said, really being into that. Give me a green hat with the Wisconsin "Bucks" logo and I'm in. Home unis should be white. I'd have to see a cream concept first before I totally dismiss that idea though. All things considered, in my opinion it's a homerun to this point.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#2334 » by BobbyLight » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:23 am

I hope we can all agree, the WI logo with the ball on Milwaukee is the ****.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#2335 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:24 am

chuckwood21 wrote:
It's the same, it just looks different because the deer breaks through the top of it causing it to somewhat lose its standalone shape.

You don't see the difference? The fact that those M's don't match is pretty lame.

Image Image
chuckwood21
Banned User

Post#2336 » by chuckwood21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:26 am

BobbyLight wrote:I hope we can all agree, the WI logo with the ball on Milwaukee is the ****.

Purchases will be made.
Sky High
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Re: Re: Bucks will have new colors and logo next season - Perhaps 

Post#2337 » by Sky High » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:26 am

BobbyLight wrote:I hope we can all agree, the WI logo with the ball on Milwaukee is the ****.

No question. Love it.

I'm all in with this new look. Anything was going to be an upgrade. Really interested to see how they incorporate the blue..
chuckwood21
Banned User

Post#2338 » by chuckwood21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:31 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
chuckwood21 wrote:

You don't see the difference? The fact that those M's don't match is pretty lame.

Image Image

You're referencing someone's interpretation of the logo from a picture they saw on a glass. It more than likely will match and the artist didn't get it 100% for obvious reasons. If you look only on the leaked pictures for one source of truth, I think they are the exact same. Could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#2339 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:34 am

Better, right? We all said for years anything would be better.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#2340 » by glenn » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:39 am

chuckwood21 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
chuckwood21 wrote:

Spoiler:
Image Image

You're referencing someone's interpretation of the logo from a picture they saw on a glass. It more than likely will match and the artist didn't get it 100% for obvious reasons. If you look only on the leaked pictures for one source of truth, I think they are the exact same. Could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

I'm confused, the glass is actually being shown here and the sides of the M on the glass do not bend in, while the one in the reveal video do. What am I missing?

Edit: Actually, on the glass it looks like the M in the basketball logo matches the reveal video and that the M in the neck of the buck is different.
:reporter:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks