It's nice to see the Bucks getting some love from the National guys, enjoy:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/02/1 ... m-in-east/
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Re: Future Title Team In East 

Post#2 » by HKPackFan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:20 am

That was a fun read. Although this comment will raise some eyebrows:
Ian Thomsen, NBA.com: Based on what we know today? It will be the Bucks. They have a young emerging (and inexpensive) roster with at least two future stars and new owners who are promising to adorn their franchise with the best of everything. The big question is whether the owners will be wise enough to recognize what they have in GM John Hammond – or will they want to hire their “own guy?” (If it turns out to be the latter, then I’ll retroactively change my pick to the Celtics.)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#3 » by Prince12 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:24 am

I have faith in Hammond the drafter. What concerns me is his ability to interact with other teams in order to negotiate trades or sign free agents. However I think the arrival of Kidd will signify him taking over this aspect. That is up in the air on wether it's a good thing or not but time will tell.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#4 » by SpursNBucks » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:35 am

Way too positive - this thread wont last. A lot of what I and a few others said on another thread a couple weeks ago.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#5 » by HKPackFan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:55 am

SpursNBucks wrote:Way too positive - this thread wont last. A lot of what I and a few others said on another thread a couple weeks ago.

This was the question:
If you had to pick which Eastern Conference team will be closer to an NBA title in three years, who would you pick: Bucks, Celtics, Sixers or Knicks?

Out of those 4 picking the Bucks is too positive?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,807

Post#6 » by Prez » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:01 am

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#7 » by Jez2983 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:02 am

SpursNBucks wrote:Way too positive - this thread wont last. A lot of what I and a few others said on another thread a couple weeks ago.

Well done, you win the 'I'm more awesome than everyone else on the Internet' prize.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#8 » by jimmybones » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:56 am

I'm all for having Hammond on board to make our mid first round picks. Has ANYONE in the league drafted more talent than the Bucks over the last 4-5 years, without a single top 10 pick?

Pick 15 Giannis
14 Henson
19 Tobes (RIP)
15 Sanders - regardless of what happens, good pick based on talent at 15

I'd don't feel like looking that deep into it, but I'd have to guess that in those drafts, that haul of players from 14-19 every year is better than any other teams. Hammond = draft and Kidd has earned the rights to decide what vets he wants to try to bring in and with what he's building here, I bet we have a better shot at adding FA already.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#9 » by Prince12 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:05 am

Jez2983 wrote:

Well done, you win the 'I'm more awesome than everyone else on the Internet' prize.

He supports the Spurs anyway, way to good for us.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,731

Post#10 » by emunney » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Definitely the Knicks once it clicks for Bargnani.

Sent from my SM-N910V using RealGM Forums mobile app
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#11 » by SpursNBucks » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:31 pm

HKPackFan wrote:

This was the question:
If you had to pick which Eastern Conference team will be closer to an NBA title in three years, who would you pick: Bucks, Celtics, Sixers or Knicks?

Out of those 4 picking the Bucks is too positive?

I can understand the frustration with Kohl as the owner and the let's make the 8th seed approach. I was on-board with ya'all on that, but when new ownership, and new Head Coach came in I was willing to give them a shot. A lot of people didn't like the Kidd hire, then they were upset with the winning, the new owners like the old owner, etc.

Look back at the K-Mart signing 10 day contract thread = people just a little bit ago still calling for the "tank", Kidd is Skiles or Kidd is stupid with his rotations, who needs chemistry/cohesiveness just give me a top pick, and GA and Parker aren't legit future stars.

I would have been OK with a tank if it had been from the start, but to call for it when they were a 6 seed was pretty stupid. The team needs to get back some casual fans - helps when your trying to get an arena built. I thought GA and Parker were future stars and cornerstones, Kidd was doing a heck of a job, team was building chemistry, young guys to get some playoff experience, and for the first time in ages this team was fun to watch.

Sorry "haters", the Bucks are having some success - pretty much unanimously the so-called experts picked the Bucks as the team with the best chance to emerge in 3 years.

Just having some fun with ya'all so chill. Life can't be that bad. There has to be a million other things you can hate and take your frustrations out on..

Return to Milwaukee Bucks