ImageImage

GT: 3/4/15 Bucks @ Warriors (9:30pm CST - FS-WI)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucks2585
Junior
And1: 62

Re: GT: 3/4/15 Bucks @ Warriors (9:30pm CST - FS-WI) 

Post#961 » by Bucks2585 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:06 am

Magic Giannison wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
First game watching?

Good call.

I understand he's in your avatar and all, but take your homer goggles off.

The amount of turnovers that Giannis has after picking up his dribble coming out of that spin move isn't pretty.

Giannis has been playing 3rd and 4th quarters in a row non stop being our best defender and you complain about his mistake when you got **** of others that did even worse much more ?
Seriously dude start watching the game.

Giannis is immune to criticism? I didnt know. Actually, I did from watching this game.

He is lose with the ball on his drives. And honestly, I agree. Outside of the spin move, he doesnt have much else. Though the fact is, that spin move is good, so much so that Giannis has based an entire NBA game off it. Thing is, this criticism is correct. Giannis needs to develop more. Hes needs to develop a shot so badly. Not only because itll help his game, but if he becomes a good shooter, hes not as timid a scorer. We saw it a little while ago, he wasnt taking shots earlier because he had a couple bad games. If he develops a reliabe long range shot, no matter if 2 or 3 point shot, he becomes a more confident player.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,139

Post#962 » by BMatt07 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:07 am

Magic Giannison wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
First game watching?

Good call.

The amount of turnovers that Giannis has after picking up his dribble coming out of that spin move isn't pretty.

Giannis has been playing 3rd and 4th quarters in a row non stop being our best defender and you complain about his mistake when you got **** of others that did even worse much more ?

Might want to read the whole thread, I made comments about Zaza, MCW, Middleton, Bayless, Dudley, Ennis, and Henson also. That's the purpose of the game thread.

Seriously dude, start reading the whole thread. Lololol.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#963 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:09 am

Shaffty wrote:And his poor handle is from going from 6'7" to 6'11" in like 6 months

Isn't it amazing how the fans that follow this team continue to panic game after game when he has mistakes? And when he was playing heavy minutes tonight in the 2nd half, without a single break.

Just imagine how he's going to be when he stops growing and he can settle in with his size. Shot & handle will improve.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#964 » by bigkurty » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:10 am

Apparently Giannis' only move is a spin move, lol. Yes he uses it too much and he needs more variation in his game but it is hardly his only move.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#965 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:10 am

Bucks2585 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:

Giannis is immune to criticism? I didnt know. Actually, I did from watching this game.

He is lose with the ball on his drives. And honestly, I agree. Outside of the spin move, he doesnt have much else. Though the fact is, that spin move is good, so much so that Giannis has based an entire NBA game off it. Thing is, this criticism is correct. Giannis needs to develop more. Hes needs to develop a shot so badly. Not only because itll help his game, but if he becomes a good shooter, hes not as timid a scorer. We saw it a little while ago, he wasnt taking shots earlier because he had a couple bad games. If he develops a reliabe long range shot, no matter if 2 or 3 point shot, he becomes a more confident player.

What ? Giannis in this Game alone showed 4 difference ways he attacked, jump shots, drives , spin and finger rolls post ups ???
heck he even made an insane fadeaaway .

The kid played 41 minutes tonight and was beats in the defense had the most team points and you guys bury him for one mistake that he made due to his unselfish self ?

I haven't you seen to complain about nobody playing through Giannis and that we brought in 2 pgs to pass to Giannis and Jabari and so far they do jack ****.

Giannis needs to improve stuff ofc, but trying to put him the blame especially when the game was lost is ridiculous .
BMatt07
Starter

Post#966 » by BMatt07 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:15 am

:oops:
Magic Giannison wrote:
Bucks2585 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis has been playing 3rd and 4th quarters in a row non stop being our best defender and you complain about his mistake when you got **** of others that did even worse much more ?

What ? Giannis in this Game alone showed 4 difference ways he attacked, jump shots, drives , spin and finger rolls post ups ???

The kid played 41 minutes tonight and was beats in the defense had the most team points and you guys bury him for one mistake that he made due to his unselfish self ?

I haven't you seen to complain about nobody playing through Giannis and that we brought in 2 pgs to pass to Giannis and Jabari and so far they do jack ****.

Giannis needs to improve stuff ofc, but trying to put him the blame especially when the game was lost is ridiculous .

Reading comprehension.. not even once.

Giannis wasn't the only player criticized in this game thread, you are aware of that, correct? This thread wasn't 50 pages worth of Giannis bashing. I admire your admiration however, lmao.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#967 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:19 am

BMatt07 wrote::oops:
Magic Giannison wrote:
Bucks2585 wrote:

Giannis wasn't the only player criticized in this game thread, you are aware of that, correct? This thread wasn't 50 pages worth of Giannis bashing. I admire your admiration however, lmao.

Weren't you the one saying that Giannis that Giannis only has a spin move?
If i have reading comprehension problem then you obviously havent watched the game and making ignorant statements.

I don't mind Giannis criticism i even point them out but complaining about something when a player plays 32 minutes straight and was by far our best player is just hilarious.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#968 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:20 am

Good fight tonight. I just keep remembering we get to add our likely future #1 option in Jabari Parker to this team which will take the load off the rest of the guys immensely. Obviously he will need a few years still but Giannis is progressing at a rapid rate and could be a VERY nice #2 option and Middleton then slides over to a deadly #3 or #4 option depending on who our future PG and C are. I'm happy with the way things are coming along, just think about prime Jabari with this team...
Bucks2585
Junior

Post#969 » by Bucks2585 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:21 am

Magic Giannison wrote:
Bucks2585 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis has been playing 3rd and 4th quarters in a row non stop being our best defender and you complain about his mistake when you got **** of others that did even worse much more ?

Drives, spin, and finger roll all fit into that "spin move defintion." As I said, all that stuff relates to his work at the top of the key.

I agree, he has a decent amount. Post up, drives, etc. But he cant shoot. He hit his shots tonight. But theres a reason he doesnt shoot 3s. Theres a reason he average that many shots per game. Hes not confident in his shot. Its not one mistake. Its something that we see based on a level of play.

Who cares what youve seen me do. Irrelevent. Doesnt mean I can have an opinion. And my opinion is that GIannis, as good as hes been, is limiting our offense a bit RIGHT NOW.

Im not blaming him for this game. But these past few games especially, show that Giannis could improve. Thats the best part about Giannis. Hes a good player and still developing. His shot is developing and hes young. You see it in college all the time. Terrible 3P shooters like say a Jordan Taylor are drilling 3s their jr. year after struggling to a ridiculously terrible rate. Giannis could easily make a big jump as well. But its a legitimate concern.

Honestly though, IMO, Giannis should just work on that top of the key shot. Not the 3P shot from anywhere else but the 3P shot behind the FT line. Just shot from the FT line/top of the key all the time. Hes best at finishing when starting in a straight line towards the basket because he has the length to reach around defenders.
cinematographer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,697

Post#970 » by cinematographer » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:24 am

The hell is it with some of you and spin-moves? Hating Wiggins for it and now getting up on Giannis for not even a bad game? I mean **** he's 20.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#971 » by floppymoose » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:24 am

JayMKE wrote:we must lead the league in balls between legs

Winner
BMatt07
Starter

Post#972 » by BMatt07 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:25 am

Magic Giannison wrote:
BMatt07 wrote::oops:
Magic Giannison wrote:What ? Giannis in this Game alone showed 4 difference ways he attacked, jump shots, drives , spin and finger rolls post ups ???

Weren't you the one saying that Giannis that Giannis only has a spin move?
If i have reading comprehension problem then you obviously havent watched the game and making ignorant statements.

I don't mind Giannis criticism i even point them out but complaining about something when a player plays 32 minutes straight and was by far our best player is just hilarious.

Correct, I said the only move he has when driving is his spin move. I also forgot his patented offensive foul shoulder charge, my bad.

/popcorn
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#973 » by Magic Giannison » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:30 am

Bucks2585 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
Bucks2585 wrote:

Drives, spin, and finger roll all fit into that "spin move defintion." As I said, all that stuff relates to his work at the top of the key.

I agree, he has a decent amount. Post up, drives, etc. But he cant shoot. He hit his shots tonight. But theres a reason he doesnt shoot 3s. Theres a reason he average that many shots per game. Hes not confident in his shot. Its not one mistake. Its something that we see based on a level of play.

Who cares what youve seen me do. Irrelevent. Doesnt mean I can have an opinion. And my opinion is that GIannis, as good as hes been, is limiting our offense a bit RIGHT NOW.

Im not blaming him for this game. But these past few games especially, show that Giannis could improve. Thats the best part about Giannis. Hes a good player and still developing. His shot is developing and hes young. You see it in college all the time. Terrible 3P shooters like say a Jordan Taylor are drilling 3s their jr. year after struggling to a ridiculously terrible rate. Giannis could easily make a big jump as well. But its a legitimate concern.

Honestly though, IMO, Giannis should just work on that top of the key shot. Not the 3P shot from anywhere else but the 3P shot behind the FT line. Just shot from the FT line/top of the key all the time. Hes best at finishing when starting in a straight line towards the basket because he has the length to reach around defenders.

His biggest problem right now is his selfless self and turnovers, his shots are getting consistent lately.
On defensive end we can both agree he is very good.

As for the offense i quite disagree, Giannis with 41 minutes tonight took only 13 attempts , how can Giannis limit us on offense when he barely gets the ball and most of the times he either makes the play himself or from some fast transition play.
Thats my biggest complain, we do not plain through Giannis and exploit the mismatches and Giannis talent to full and let him learn to do that.

Giannis 3p was limited by Kidd we saw that when Giannis tried to shoot and Kidd simply benched him over and over.
Giannis wants to shoot, he said so himself and he is working on it all the time its just he barelly gets attempts for xyz reasons.
Bucks2585
Junior

Post#974 » by Bucks2585 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 7:06 am

Magic Giannison wrote:
Bucks2585 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:What ? Giannis in this Game alone showed 4 difference ways he attacked, jump shots, drives , spin and finger rolls post ups ???

His biggest problem right now is his selfless self and turnovers, his shots are getting consistent lately.
On defensive end we can both agree he is very good.

As for the offense i quite disagree, Giannis with 41 minutes tonight took only 13 attempts , how can Giannis limit us on offense when he barely gets the ball and most of the times he either makes the play himself or from some fast transition play.
Thats my biggest complain, we do not plain through Giannis and exploit the mismatches and Giannis talent to full and let him learn to do that.

Giannis 3p was limited by Kidd we saw that when Giannis tried to shoot and Kidd simply benched him over and over.
Giannis wants to shoot, he said so himself and he is working on it all the time its just he barelly gets attempts for xyz reasons.

Giannis doesnt take more shots because he cant shoot. Kidd saw that in practice and told Giannis not to shoot because he wasnt consistent with it.

I mean, theres a reason his career 3PA per game is 1.1. He knows hes not good at it. Anyone thats seen him shoot with is can tell. hes not consistent with it. And thats fine, hes still a developing player. But of course Kidd is going to tell him not to shoot a ton a 3s. Its resulted in a .495 shooting percentage, which is great. Hes told Giannis to take higher percentage shots. WHICH IS A GREAT IDEA. Kidd isnt limiting Giannis. Hes playing him to his strengths. Honestly, Giannis gets the ball enough that he could easily lead this team in shots, especially since defenders sag off him. Tremendously. He could be a Russell Westbrook and take a bunch of 3s despite being terrible at them. But he doesnt. Because he knows he hasnt developed that part of his game yet.

I dont get how people dont get this. Players develop in the offseason. Giannis will try and develop his 3 point shoot in the offseason. He didnt this past offseason anymore significantly, but he developed other parts of his game. But UNLIKE FANS, COACHES AND PLAYERS ARE TRYING TO WIN. Their JOBS depend on it. No one on this board seems to understand that, but if Kidd telling Giannis not to shoot 3s increases in efficiency tremendously, then Im all for it. Because both of them are trying to win. And im fine with that in terms of the culture in trying to build.

Hes barely getting the attempts because hes not good at it. Honestly, its ridiculous to see how people respond to Giannis/Jabari shooting, especially with Jabaris shooting, who honestly was just as bad the last half of his college season. Its basically an "as long as you have potential," you can do whatever you want because its part of your development.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks