ImageImage

Giannis ESPN interview

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Giannis ESPN interview 

Post#1 » by Shaffty » Tue Apr 7, 2015 9:00 pm

too many good quotes to not have a dedicated post about it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12632719/giannis-antetokounmpo-milwaukee-bucks-evolution-freak

Youngmisuk: You and Carter-Williams seem to have a close relationship, often joking around and talking in the locker room. Did you guys know each other before the trade?

Antetokounmpo: Yeah, I knew him. We weren't best friends, but whenever I would see him, we talk sometimes. He was one of the guys that first talked to me at the rookie transition camp last year. I came out from Greece for a week, I didn't know English so well and he came to me and was talking to me, so I felt comfortable and I will always remember that. Now that he came to our team, we are just getting closer. We sit next to each other in the locker room.

Youngmisuk: Looking at the Bucks' future -- Jabari, yourself, Carter-Williams -- what comes to your mind when you hear that?

Antetokounmpo: Great team. Great guys. That'd be amazing. It is hard to have a team that everybody likes (each other). I read an article that Kevin Love and LeBron James are not friends. Who knows? But you cannot build a franchise that two or three guys where they are not connected to each other. Like, me, Jabari and Michael, we like each other. We are friends. Like Khris, we all like each other. That is a thing that we do great here because we like each other, we like having fun with each other, we like playing together.

I love Giannis so much
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Giannis ESPN interview 

Post#2 » by Buck Dweller » Tue Apr 7, 2015 9:45 pm

MCW & Giannis bromance? Adorable.

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,047

Re: Giannis ESPN interview 

Post#3 » by Siefer » Tue Apr 7, 2015 9:56 pm

I dream of a day when people learn how to properly post URLs.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#4 » by raferfenix » Tue Apr 7, 2015 10:11 pm

Great interview. Glad to hear MCW and Giannis get along.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#5 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Apr 7, 2015 11:15 pm

The most I have learned is the defensive end, things that I didn't know. Last year was rough. ... There were more veterans on the team, so we didn't go through a lot of things (such as) defensive principles and fundamentals.

Is this a nice way to say last years HC was not so good?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,306

Post#6 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 8, 2015 6:09 am

Youngmisuk: What's it been like being coached by Jason Kidd this season? What have you learned from Kidd that has stuck with you the most?

Antetokounmpo: (With) Jason Kidd, every day you learn something. He always makes you take the challenge. Like, today in practice, after a tough game last night (the Bucks beat the Miami Heat 89-88 on March 24 on a buzzer-beater after erasing a 16-point, fourth-quarter deficit), I played 39-40 minutes. He came in practice. I was sprinting back onto the court. He yelled at me, "Giannis! Take the challenge! Play hard!" Like, he makes you play hard. I am not going to lie, he's on me. Like, in the video (room), he always talks to me and corrects me, but I just take it as a good sign because I know he wants me to get better and wants me to be that man and to step up. He just wants me and everybody to play hard all the time. That is crazy, the things we learn, a lot of things, because he was a player, too, a great player, a great coach. So all you got to do is just listen. ... He just wants me to get better because you always (hear others) say, like, I got a lot of potential and he just wants me to reach my ceiling.

I love it. I love to hear Giannis say it. Kidd is on him. Kidd is working him and is not giving him any slack. Kidd's going to make sure Giannis reaches his ceiling. What a difference a year makes, and how great is it these young players are like a sponge and are just taking in everything a Hall of Famer player has to give them. This sounds like such an awesome marriage of putting Kidd in front of these young men everyday.
#FreeChuckDiesel
PackAttack9
Senior
And1: 224

Post#7 » by PackAttack9 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 6:53 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:
The most I have learned is the defensive end, things that I didn't know. Last year was rough. ... There were more veterans on the team, so we didn't go through a lot of things (such as) defensive principles and fundamentals.

Yes. A very nice way by Giannis. Larry Drew was the perfect coach to drive our tank off a cliff.
PackAttack9
Senior
And1: 224

Post#8 » by PackAttack9 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 6:55 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:

Yes. A very nice way by Giannis. Larry Drew was the perfect coach to drive our tank off a cliff.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#9 » by Shaffty » Wed Apr 8, 2015 8:28 am

HKPackFan wrote:
Youngmisuk: What's it been like being coached by Jason Kidd this season? What have you learned from Kidd that has stuck with you the most?

Antetokounmpo: (With) Jason Kidd, every day you learn something. He always makes you take the challenge. Like, today in practice, after a tough game last night (the Bucks beat the Miami Heat 89-88 on March 24 on a buzzer-beater after erasing a 16-point, fourth-quarter deficit), I played 39-40 minutes. He came in practice. I was sprinting back onto the court. He yelled at me, "Giannis! Take the challenge! Play hard!" Like, he makes you play hard. I am not going to lie, he's on me. Like, in the video (room), he always talks to me and corrects me, but I just take it as a good sign because I know he wants me to get better and wants me to be that man and to step up. He just wants me and everybody to play hard all the time. That is crazy, the things we learn, a lot of things, because he was a player, too, a great player, a great coach. So all you got to do is just listen. ... He just wants me to get better because you always (hear others) say, like, I got a lot of potential and he just wants me to reach my ceiling.

I love it. I love to hear Giannis say it. Kidd is on him. Kidd is working him and is not giving him any slack. Kidd's going to make sure Giannis reaches his ceiling. What a difference a year makes, and how great is it these young players are like a sponge and are just taking in everything a Hall of Famer player has to give them. This sounds like such an awesome marriage of putting Kidd in front of these young men everyday.

Yeah I think Kidd is the best thing to happen to Giannis.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#10 » by Magic Giannison » Wed Apr 8, 2015 4:21 pm

Nice interview gotta love Giannis and how he explains things, he is so damn innocent.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#11 » by SirChurros » Wed Apr 8, 2015 4:25 pm

Get that man a smoothie.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks