Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Re: PG: MCW isn't even an NBA player!!!! 107-97 

Post#121 » by MadBlueEdwards » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:48 pm

glenn wrote:
newerabucks wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:paschke is fine, Sid needs to gtfo tho.
I think they're both the worst. And McGlocklin is awful as well. Wouldn't it be great to get some new blood to go along with an up and coming team? I enjoy Ted Davis in spite of his sometimes over-the-top homerosity. Just simulcast him - he's 1 trillion times better than the tv guys who I literally have to mute because they all suck so badly.

If you think that Paschke is the worst then you need to start checking in on the feeds of other teams. It's a sea of Sids out there. Be careful what you wish for.

Definitely. If we end up playing Toronto in the first round, take a listen to their guys. It'll make you really appreciate what we have.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#122 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Paschke is fine if you separate his in game work from his other stuff (video reports and columns). His voice is solid and his play by play is strong. I think many here dislike him because of his perceived alter ego on this board, which was speculative and never proven. If you did not know about any of that stuff and just listened to games, he would not jump out at you as a problem.

I can not be friends with anyone that doesn't like Johnny Mac. Super nice guy, loves Milwaukee, was the only positive and consistently good thing in our franchise for a long time. He is starting to phase out naturally, so I am just going to enjoy him while he still does this.

A few years ago I would have thought Jim and John were average or below. Jumping on league pass and listening to other broadcasts for a while now... yikes. Our guys are not the best but they are way above many.

Sid does need to go. Very hard for me to listen along when he is doing the color.

I would certainly not lose sleep if next year they unveiled a totally new broadcast duo.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Re: 

Post#123 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:04 pm

wichmae wrote:Rewatching the game. I remember when MCW got her he twisted his body when he shot. He wasn't straight away. I now notice every single shot he takes he is squared up and stays square. Thank you Josh Oppenheimer.

Interesting observation. And again another paradox with MCW. Most guards with a horrible outside shot like his can't necessarily do what he's done at times with the Bucks within five to ten feet. The up and under layups, turn-around five footers in the post, etc.

Usually as a guard, if you suck at offense you suck. This guy has some smooth moves around the hoop which contradict the brick laying from 12-25 feet out. One of you guys wondered if he has an issue with vision and depth perception. Sounds like too obvious an answer, but you never know.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
KingWing
Junior
And1: 168

Post#124 » by KingWing » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Fwiw opposing fans seem to like Jim and John, particularly their extreme lack of homerism.

With how fearsome Jim and especially John make the opposition seem, I'm amazed the Bucks are able to win any games at all.
RainX
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#125 » by RainX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:53 pm

I knew MCW getting comfortable wasn't going to happen over night, but looking at where the trade is now, I can easily say we're at least the early winners. Philly being in the draft lottery was pretty much a forgone conclusion and Hero Ball wound up injured and Phoenix missing the playoffs. Meanwhile MCW has continued to improve on a playoff bound team that's pretty much playing with house money at this point.

To me making the playoffs is just extra development time and a taste of what our young corps of players can expect. I think we probably lose in six, but I can at least safely say we're going to be competitive in this series versus two years ago when we haphazardly continued to scramble for the eighth seed only to not even be acknowledged as anything worthwhile before the Heat swept us away like the joke that team was. It's a team that is finally hopefully headed in the right direction which is a far cry from where we were two years ago.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,432

Post#126 » by Rendei » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Robert Covington said after the game that they expected MCW to come out and try to dominate, and they prepared for it, but they just couldn't stop it lol. That has to hurt. To be fair, it's still the Sixers without Noel, but they're still pros. Maybe the Bucks can get in on the Sixers Noel procrastination trade next.

And as long as a guy is shooting over 60% from the field, he can pick his own usage rate as far as I'm concerned. The guy with the hot hand SHOULD be taking the majority of the shots.
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,341

Post#127 » by dedned » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:06 pm

hero ball. PPGZ!
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#128 » by Nebula1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Yikes, what a thread.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#129 » by Prez » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Rendei wrote:Robert Covington said after the game that they expected MCW to come out and try to dominate, and they prepared for it, but they just couldn't stop it lol. That has to hurt.

Love reading **** like this lol. Don't know why but I want MCW to succeed really badly and it goes beyond the fact that he's on the Bucks now. After all the constant clowning and struggles guess I feel he deserves some positives in his career. Seems like a generally good dude, just with a bit of a douche streak.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Re: Re: 

Post#130 » by AussieBuck » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:20 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
wichmae wrote:Rewatching the game. I remember when MCW got her he twisted his body when he shot. He wasn't straight away. I now notice every single shot he takes he is squared up and stays square. Thank you Josh Oppenheimer.

Interesting observation. And again another paradox with MCW. Most guards with a horrible outside shot like his can't necessarily do what he's done at times with the Bucks within five to ten feet. The up and under layups, turn-around five footers in the post, etc.

Usually as a guard, if you suck at offense you suck. This guy has some smooth moves around the hoop which contradict the brick laying from 12-25 feet out. One of you guys wondered if he has an issue with vision and depth perception. Sounds like too obvious an answer, but you never know.

Tyreke Evans. Anyway it's probably not depth perception, his shot just isn't built for anything outside of 15 feet. He adds that ugly fling to stretch out the range of his shot when he's further out. He needs a shock collar every time he even thinks about those shots.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Re: Re: 

Post#131 » by Johnlac1 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:56 am

AussieBuck wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Tyreke Evans. Anyway it's probably not depth perception, his shot just isn't built for anything outside of 15 feet. He adds that ugly fling to stretch out the range of his shot when he's further out. He needs a shock collar every time he even thinks about those shots.

Tyreke Evans is a poor comparison as far as type of player. Despite his tendency to force a pass every now and then, MCW makes more good passes in one game than I've seen Evans make in all the games I've watched him play.
Evans has zero feel for being a pg. He's a shooting guard who handles the ball a lot. I'd rate Knight as having a better feel for being a pg than Evans...which is setting the bar very low.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks