ImageImage

PG Thread: Travis Best hits corner three - Bucks lose

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

verbalhologram
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Re: PG Thread: Travis Best hits corner three - Bucks lose 

Post#341 » by verbalhologram » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:57 pm

We definately had our chances here,but even up by near 20 it never felt comfortable. Rose is playing amazing,Butler is full of confidence and Gasol and Noah etc are rock solid. We cant roll with that yet and we should feel happy that we have a young core that will get us near that level in the coming years.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#342 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:59 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
Sky High wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

You have no clue how beaten down this fan base is from 28 years of Herb Kohl's ownership and terrible product.

It's not all going to be fixed in 1 year's time.

Also, piss off with your outside judgements and telling us what we do or do not deserve.

greekbuck, we're happy you're here and a fan of our team. But really? You had to go and insult our entire fanbase? :nonono:

If only you were here during the Kohl era.

My english are not that good.
My hate goes ONLY to the bucks fans that could have been in the arena yesterday but instead chose to watch the game from the TV letting a bulls fan to pick his ticket and to the 20-30 posters/trolls here that they unfairly judge our young players in this playoff series or concidering a failure the trade or this season simply because we couldn't stop D.Rose and the Bulls.
As I said in the end I'M NOT SURE IF MY IMPRESSION from the TV and the forums is realistic or not. I hope the ppl I mentioned above is only the 5% of your whole fanbase.
I meant No offence to the rest. In fact I love them. :D

Your english was fine, so I am not buying that, but no need to pile on.

You may be happier here with MMBOT http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/index.php?board=23.0
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#343 » by randy84 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 pm

JustinCredible wrote:Sure, we would have been better THIS year with Knight. What would you prefer for next year though?

A. Resign Knight to a big contract and lose Middleton.
B. Resign Middleton to a big contract and have MCW on the cheap.
C. Resign Middleton to a big contract and let Knight walk for nothing.

It is important to remember that trades aren't made in a vacuum. They also aren't made with only the current season in mind.

D. Resign Middleton and have an extra lotto pick.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#344 » by H2tObes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 pm

EazyAsPie wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Insane that we're already almost better than this Bulls team who are supposed to be contenders. This series has made me extremely excited for the future, If this team had more playoff experience or if we just had Jabari we would be up 2-1 right now no question. The future is extremely bright..this isn't a series to be mad about

Honestly I would be sad right now if I were a Bulls fan, they are going to get obliterated in the 2nd round. They had an incredibly tough time against a team whose best player is 20 years old

Any time a team is up 3-0 in a playoff series, that fan base is not going to be "sad". I actually think that Bulls fans are very happy with this series. Rose has looked amazing, Butler has looked amazing. They as a whole have played good offense against a very tough defense, arguably the best defense they will face in the playoffs. There defense has shown at times that they can be elite albeit vs a below average offense but when they needed it, they have played very good defense. This Bucks team is physical and actually reminds me of the Bulls back in 2008/09. They play hard and are scrappy.

However the 8 seed just took the 1 seed to OT over in the west. This is the playoffs and games will be close, but when you're up 3-0...it means you are dominating the series. I agree with you though on one thing. If the Bucks had any kind of offense they would be a top seeded team in the East. I would be very excited for the future if I was a Bucks fan. I also would not be "sad" one bit to be a Bulls fan right now. They have looked good against an amazing defense in this series, and they are finally healthy. Both teams should be happy going forward.

I think you guys are going to get punked in the next round, but be sure to make me eat crow if you guys do indeed advance. Sure our defense is amazing, but our best offensive player is Khris Middleton. I'm not sure your team is playing as well as Bulls fans are thinking. We have like 3 players on our roster who can shoot a 3

It's hard to argue with the 3-0, but watching the games there is no way you guys "dominating" this series. Not even close. Like I said we're a healthy Jabari Parker away from being up 2-1
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#345 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 pm

randy84 wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:Sure, we would have been better THIS year with Knight. What would you prefer for next year though?

A. Resign Knight to a big contract and lose Middleton.
B. Resign Middleton to a big contract and have MCW on the cheap.
C. Resign Middleton to a big contract and let Knight walk for nothing.

It is important to remember that trades aren't made in a vacuum. They also aren't made with only the current season in mind.

D. Resign Middleton and have an extra lotto pick.

E. Resign both and still have plenty of cap for the extensions given it's going to go up 40M dollars
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#346 » by Prez » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:13 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:The comments in this board were hideous. Giannis is a pussy, MCW is terrible, Middleton cant play D for **** etc. Like they had to dominate Noah, Gasol, Butler and D. Rose in their first playoff experience away from home without a proper supporting cast against an overall three classes better team. Ridiculous..

Please stop. I have no problem with Greek fans, in fact I think it's really cool that a foreign fanbase is merging into the Bucks fanbase, but all this incedible Giannis sensitivity and defensiveness is tiresome.

I love Giannis just as much as anyone here and broke my TV remote last night cheering for him. He is the single most promising thing to happen to the Bucks in my time watching, and I want nothing more than for him to succeed. That doesn't mean I'm going to refrain from criticizing him when he deserves it. I have never once criticized him for playing poorly...but when he doesn't play with the same passion and heart that we've come to love about his game, why is that so out of bounds in terms of criticism?

I think it's laughable that you guys are getting so offended by that word...which by the way, I said he was "playing like" one, not that he IS one....but the Bayless hate, Knight hate before the trade, Ers/Zaza hate when they're sucking, etc...is regularly worse. People trash them incessantly (and deservedly so when they suck) but you guys don't say a word about it because it isn't your guy.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#347 » by trwi7 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:16 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:My hate goes ONLY to the bucks fans that could have been in the arena yesterday but instead chose to watch the game from the TV

I could have gone yesterday but one of my favorite teams that I rarely get to see also had a playoff game yesterday so I stayed home so I could watch that.

I guess my response to your post would be **** you.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#348 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:19 pm

I must really thank the guys that are trying to make me understand the situation.
No further comment for the rest. I said it all in my posts...

Can someone make a guess of the number of true bucks basketball funs atm?
Milwaukee has 600k population.
Wisconsin has almost 6 milion.
How its possible not to have atleast 18k bucks fans ready to attend the most exciting basketball game in recent years?
Thats what I cant understand.
If you could have make a sold out by yourselfs:

Why you let some bulls fans steal your opportunity to support you team's future in a playoff game after so many years?
Bulls fans paid more?
Bulls fans were quicker to buy the tickets?
Don't you have season tickets or atleast bucks fan members priority over the rest?
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#349 » by Prince12 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:23 pm

That's the point there could be a variety of reasons. That's why labelling a whole fan base was a dick move.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#350 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:30 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:Thats what I cant understand.

Why you let some bulls fans steal your opportunity to support you team's future in a playoff game after so many years?
Bulls fans paid more?
Don't you have season tickets or atleast bucks fan members priority over the rest?

We probably could not have sold out if we were playing another team, but it would have been probably 80-90% capacity and loud. One thing Milwaukee fans are pretty good at is cheering.

As to the population of Wisconsin - outside of southeastern WI, no one cares. I don't know how true it is but I've heard Kohl made little to no effort to market them to people outside of the Milwaukee area. That said, again, if the Bucks start winning consistently, the Bradley Center will start selling out. No Bulls fans necessary. Last year, we were dead last in the league in attendance, this year we're 27th out of 30. Not a huge leap but also not an insignificant one considering where the team was last year. The year after our Eastern Conference finals appearance we were 13th and 12th. It's been downhill since then.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#351 » by H2tObes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:40 pm

The Bucks just need to be seen as "cool", Kohl did a lot towards making Wisconsin sports fans see the Bucks as a total joke. The colors are atrocious too and pretty much everyone I know hates how ugly the Bucks uniforms are. The Bucks will rise in popularity immensely over the next few years with this rebrand and all this young talent
trwi7
RealGM

Post#352 » by trwi7 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:57 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:Can someone make a guess of the number of true bucks basketball funs atm?
Milwaukee has 600k population.
Wisconsin has almost 6 milion.
How its possible not to have atleast 18k bucks fans ready to attend the most exciting basketball game in recent years?
Thats what I cant understand.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Here's a map to better help you understand.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014 ... 78,-88.032

Look how close Milwaukee is to Chicago. Look how close Milwaukee is to the Illinois border. Look at the percentage of Bucks and Bulls fans. Look how far away places like Appleton, Green Bay, La Crosse and Eau Claire are from Milwaukee compared to how close Chicago and the northern suburbs of Chicago are. Look at the percentage of Bulls fans in what should be Bucks counties but aren't because of how horrible the team has been.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#353 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:Thats what I cant understand.

Bulls fans paid more?

We probably could not have sold out if we were playing another team, but it would have been probably 80-90% capacity and loud. One thing Milwaukee fans are pretty good at is cheering.

As to the population of Wisconsin - outside of southeastern WI, no one cares. I don't know how true it is but I've heard Kohl made little to no effort to market them to people outside of the Milwaukee area. That said, again, if the Bucks start winning consistently, the Bradley Center will start selling out. No Bulls fans necessary. Last year, we were dead last in the league in attendance, this year we're 27th out of 30. Not a huge leap but also not an insignificant one considering where the team was last year. The year after our Eastern Conference finals appearance we were 13th and 12th. It's been downhill since then.

Really it's that bad eh? Well I could never imagine that a NBA team of 47years life, a championship and players like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Ray Allen has such a small eternally loyal fanbase that would struggle to fill their own arena even on the most important game of the past few seasons...

For the guys acting like I hurt their feelings well I suppose I hit some nerve. Good atleast I know now that you care about your team.

I don't give a sh! t about the **** you, eat a dick, go watch GSW, go to another forum. I understood last year that if your team doesn't give a crap about the season and just tanking there are not many reasons to go and watch. This year though everything seemed to have changed. New owners, new arena is coming, good coach, Jabari, playoffs. I don't care if it was a torture the last 28 years. If you are truly a bucks fan and you can attend atleast two games this year this is where you have to go. I mean what more do you expect from the team to make you active fan again? 3 years of straight playoffs? A championship? Thats not going to happen without your support...

To the guy that said f@ck you and that he could have attended last night but he chose to watch from the TV both of his teams.
This is not how it works. Both of your teams play? F@ck the schedule organizers and not both of your teams by staying home. Both of your teams need you. You choose which one needs you the most and you go. Put the other game on your DVR or take your radio with you..

I explained who I dislike. I have no problem with the rest.

Millbuck if you are the same one with the one of insidehoops you are pure comedy then.. :lol:
You can say whatever you want about Giannis or Bayless man..
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#354 » by trwi7 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:To the guy that said f@ck you and that he could have attended last night but he chose to watch from the TV both of his teams.
This is not how it works. Both of your teams play? F@ck the schedule organizers and not both of your teams by staying home. Both of your teams need you. You choose which one needs you the most and you go. Put the other game on your DVR or take your radio with you..

1. I hate watching sporting events on DVR, so that's not happening.

2. The team is in Nashville, so bringing a radio wouldn't be possible.

3. The Bucks were hardly **** by me not being there.

4. **** you.

greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#355 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:27 pm

trwi7 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:To the guy that said f@ck you and that he could have attended last night but he chose to watch from the TV both of his teams.

4. **** you.

1-3 Terrible excuses for a true fan. Excellent excuses for the worse kind of a fan.
4. Man you really know how to hurt my feellings... :cry: :rofl:
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#356 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:28 pm

trwi7 wrote:

4. **** you.

FWIW I saw Kidd looking sad before the game, and he did mention his disappointment in you not being there and was going to respond by playing ZaZa and Bayless more.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,788

Post#357 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:29 pm

I'm so confused by that line of thinking. Do you think the Bulls fans that bought tickets would just give them up to a Bucks fan because they're a fan? Bucks fans showed up to support the team. Problem is there's just as many Bulls fans that are able to attend the game as well.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#358 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'm so confused by that line of thinking. Do you think the Bulls fans that bought tickets would just give them up to a Bucks fan because they're a fan?

Lets just assume that the bucks had last night at least 19k fans that wanted a ticket for the most important match in years, something from what you are trying to explain to me is sadly far from the truth.

How is it possible for 3000-4000 bulls fans to take a seat from them in their own arena??

Don't you have season tickets or a member cart to give you priority over the other fans?

If you really cant make a sold out by your own atm as an NBA team then its just sad and I hope it will change over the time.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,788

Post#359 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:40 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I'm so confused by that line of thinking. Do you think the Bulls fans that bought tickets would just give them up to a Bucks fan because they're a fan?

Lets just assume that the bucks had last night at least 19k fans that wanted a ticket for the most important match in years, something from what you are trying to explain to me is sadly far from the truth.

How is it possible for 3000-4000 bulls fans to take a seat from them in their own arena??

Don't you have season tickets or a member cart to give you priority over the other fans?

If you really cant make a sold out by your own atm as an NBA team then its just sad and I hope it will change over the time.

When tickets go on sale they don't make the Bulls fans go to the back of the line...........
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#360 » by H2tObes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Yeah I don't get it, how is it possible to just not allow Bulls fans to get tickets? The Bradley Center is an hour drive away for half the price. You just don't really understand how this works

Return to Milwaukee Bucks