Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Re: PG Thread: Travis Best hits corner three - Bucks lose 

Post#361 » by greekbuck34 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I'm so confused by that line of thinking. Do you think the Bulls fans that bought tickets would just give them up to a Bucks fan because they're a fan?

Lets just assume that the bucks had last night at least 19k fans that wanted a ticket for the most important match in years, something from what you are trying to explain to me is sadly far from the truth.

How is it possible for 3000-4000 bulls fans to take a seat from them in their own arena??

Don't you have season tickets or a member cart to give you priority over the other fans?

If you really cant make a sold out by your own atm as an NBA team then its just sad and I hope it will change over the time.

When tickets go on sale they don't make the Bulls fans go to the back of the line...........

H2tObes wrote:Yeah I don't get it, how is it possible to just not allow Bulls fans to get tickets? The Bradley Center is an hour drive away for half the price. You just don't really understand how this works

Thats not fair for me...
In Greece we have season tickets, club member cart priority and then random ppl. So if Barcelona comes to your stadium the sold out will come from Olympiakos fans only and not from random fans/local barcelona fans that want to see Barcelona for the first time in years and happened to buy a ticket faster than anyone else...
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,286

Post#362 » by Finn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:36 am

trwi7 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:My hate goes ONLY to the bucks fans that could have been in the arena yesterday but instead chose to watch the game from the TV

I could have gone yesterday but one of my favorite teams that I rarely get to see also had a playoff game yesterday so I stayed home so I could watch that, and NHL playoffs >>>>> NBA playoff.

I guess my response to your post would be **** you.

ETA.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#363 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:37 am

greekbuck34 wrote:How its possible not to have atleast 18k bucks fans ready to attend the most exciting basketball game in recent years?
Thats what I cant understand.
If you could have make a sold out by yourselfs:

Why you let some bulls fans steal your opportunity to support you team's future in a playoff game after so many years?

You're not being realistic to the situation. The Bucks would've sold out the playoff game without a single Bulls fan in attendance and they would've sold out a playoff game against any team in the league. Bulls fans want tickets too so how do you stop that?

Wisconsin is larger than the entire country of Greece with about half the population. The city of Chicago's metropolitan area alone has about twice as many people as the entire state of Wisconsin and it is a lot closer to the Bradley Center than most of Wisconsin.

Chicago is 140 kilometers from Milwaukee, a 1.5 hour drive. Including Milwaukee, Wisconsin has three cities with 100,000 population. The second largest city in Wisconsin is Madison (130 kilometers from Milwaukee), third largest is Green Bay (190km away). Illinois has 6 cities that have a greater population than Green Bay that are closer to Milwaukee than Green Bay is. As an aside, the fourth largest city in Wisconsin is Kenosha, which is 5 minutes from the Illinois border and is considered a part of the Chicago metro area. As I said, Bulls fans want tickets too and there are far more of them.

As a Bucks fan, I was impressed with the Bucks fans turnout in Game 3. Attendance has been down significantly over the past three years, but before that Milwaukee had always ranked higher in attendance than it has in population. Going back through the attendance archives on a year-by-year basis, the Bucks rank in the top half in league attendance more often than they rank in the bottom half despite being one of the smallest population bases (although the most recent occurrence of this happening was all the way back in 2004). The fact that Milwaukee can have greater attendance than cities with more than three times the population, such as Philadelphia or Houston, during years when the 76ers and Rockets have better teams should tell you how great Bucks fans are.
Read on Twitter
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#364 » by CannondaleF400 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:08 am

Give the Bulls fans credit for traveling to see their team. I love hearing Go Pack Go at opposing team stadiums.

Feel sorry for them because they think their team is going somewhere this year, when their fragile superstar Rose has to play double OT to beat a mediocre team that limped into the playoffs and can't shoot open jump shots or free throws.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

PG Thread: Travis Best hits corner three - Bucks lose 

Post#365 » by Buck Dweller » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:17 am

The current situation is pretty much like asking Bulls fans to invade our arena. Oh wait, Kohl actually did do that back whenever.

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums
rambler2
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#366 » by rambler2 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:31 am

CannondaleF400 wrote:Give the Bulls fans credit for traveling to see their team. I love hearing Go Pack Go at opposing team stadiums.

Feel sorry for them because they think their team is going somewhere this year, when their fragile superstar Rose has to play double OT to beat a mediocre team that limped into the playoffs and can't shoot open jump shots or free throws.

Some Bulls fans are getting carried away. I don't think the Bulls will beat the Cavs either. And I don't know if we could beat the Wizards either as they always give us trouble. Good luck tom evening. Should be a good game.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#367 » by JustinCredible » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 am

I think the Bulls will beat the Cavs if Rose and Butler keep up their current pace.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,841

Post#368 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:51 am

This greekbuck guy. :lol:
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#369 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:10 am

The Bulls will not beat Cleveland. They've struggled with us and the talent level difference between us and the cavs is astronomical.
Do it for Chuck
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#370 » by ColeWorld23 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:33 am

Bulls fans spending their money in Milwaukee is a win for me!
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,553

Post#371 » by th87 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:To the guy that said f@ck you and that he could have attended last night but he chose to watch from the TV both of his teams.
This is not how it works. Both of your teams play? F@ck the schedule organizers and not both of your teams by staying home. Both of your teams need you. You choose which one needs you the most and you go. Put the other game on your DVR or take your radio with you..

1. I hate watching sporting events on DVR, so that's not happening.

2. The team is in Nashville, so bringing a radio wouldn't be possible.

3. The Bucks were hardly **** by me not being there.

4. **** you.

1-3 Terrible excuses for a true fan. Excellent excuses for the worse kind of a fan.
4. Man you really know how to hurt my feellings... :cry: :rofl:

I find it funny that some fan of about 25 seconds is telling us how we should behave about our team that we've been fans of for decades; for whom we've paid tons of money on attendance, TV, and for nothing more than a billboard to get our urgent message across. Don't question our devotion.

People cope with their frustrations in different ways, and you definitely don't have the monopoly on what fan behavior should be. When you get older, I suppose you'll realize that.

As for Bulls fan attendance at our arena, there are a multitude of reasons for them. Accept that. Otherwise, your implication is that the humans of Milwaukee are simply some sort of inferior people; incapable of supporting a team.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#372 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:14 am

I accept the situation with the Bulls now ok. If everyone here thinks that you couldn't do any better against them then It's probably the truth...

As I said before I don't care if you find my comments funny or outrageous. That was just my opinion as an outsider and I shared it with you. I don't care if you think I shouldn't have an opinion only because I became a fan of the Bucks 2 years ago because of Giannis and you support your Bucks for decades. I felt that you could do better in the most exciting game you had in years and I heard 25 different excuses from each member or just angry/stupid remarks. Not even one of you said that you could or should do better in supporting your team considering your history.

I saw couple of days ago GSW @ NOP. The Pelicans are only 13 years old team without history, legendary players even more so a championship like the Bucks. Their kind of team is similar to the Bucks. A potential superstar(A.D) and some normal players around him. Their chances to qualify to the next round are even lower than ours and yet their place war rocking hard. The whole arena arena was red and was screaming loudly. You can barely see a yellow shirt here and there. I was geniously surprised. I didn't expected that from a bunch of nobodies really. I though this kind of atmosphere belonged to the most recently successful clubs like GSW, OKC, MIAMI etc. I would have said the same about you if I saw something similar in the last two years that I 'm watching you. I was expecting something special yesterday and I was just felt disappointed. That's all.

I will end it here. I won't comment at Bucks fans anymore and I will just post about the team play from now on. I really hope for things to get better in the future though because it will help a lot our young guys motivation and also on atracting more valuable free agents.

I'm sorry if I hurt the feelings of someone who didn't deserve it. It was just a honest opinion from a outsider. If you think that you don't need something like that(critique) it's fine. It came out after a genius concern after a difficult defeat. I watch generaly a lot of NBA for entertainment but only the Bucks just becauce I geniusly like them and want them to win.

It's different cultures in the end. Some things that are unacceptable in european sport culture are just normal for you and vise versa.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#373 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:50 am

greekbuck34 wrote:I saw couple of days ago GSW @ NOP. The Pelicans are only 13 years old team without history, legendary players even more so a championship like the Bucks. Their kind of team is similar to the Bucks. A potential superstar(A.D) and some normal players around him. Their chances to qualify to the next round are even lower than ours and yet their place war rocking hard. The whole arena arena was red and was screaming loudly. You can barely see a yellow shirt here and there. I was geniously surprised. I didn't expected that from a bunch of nobodies really. I though this kind of atmosphere belonged to the most recently successful clubs like GSW, OKC, MIAMI etc. I would have said the same about you if I saw something similar in the last two years that I 'm watching you. I was expecting something special yesterday and I was just felt disappointed. That's all.

Oakland is across the freakin country from New Orleans, Milwaukee is literally 30 minutes away from a city where allegiances are more likely than not split between Bucks and Bulls fans and an hour or two away from one of the most populated regions in the US with 95%+ Bulls fans. How are you seriously not comprehending this? Also, you're acting like there was 10,000 Bucks fans golf clapping their way through the game, the fans that we had were absolutely engaged in the game. My lord.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#374 » by AussieBuck » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:55 am

This guy. :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#375 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:26 am

That New Orleans crowd was pretty **** house considering it was mostly Pelican fans.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Re: Re: PG Thread: Travis Best hits corner three - Bucks lose 

Post#376 » by emunney » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:48 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:For you new guys, during the drought years of 1991-2014, Kohl realized the attendance at the BC was fading.

Meanwhile Jordan was selling out $200 seats every night in Chicago.

So Bucks marketing started to market to northern Illinois heavily that they could drive up here. Might be faster and much cheaper than the United Center.

It wasn't just Bulls v. Bucks they marketed. They went after Illinois NBA fans with the promise they could see guys like Shaq, Duncan, KG, etc at cheaper and more convenient prices up here in Milwaukee. They picked up guys like "Old Skool" who are Bulls fans but also big NBA fans that come up here to watch games.

Herb's buddy, Bud Selig had the same idea in mind when he got the Brewers switched over the National League. He knew Cubs fans had $$$ and would come up here all the time.

This recruiting of the Illinois fanbases to come up here has been going on for two decades now. This will take time to reverse. This isn't just a case of "Bulls fans are better and more engaged".

It's not just a case of that, but Bulls fans are more engaged. You can't get on a train car without seeing multiple people in Bulls gear. I wear my Bucks hat and people talk to me every day. Good spirited stuff, too. The morning after we clinched, I was getting off the green line and the conductor congratulated me on making the playoffs.

It's an NBA town. The relative achievements of the two franchises over the past 25 years have everything to do with that. I realize you're not arguing against that, but it's important to fully acknowledge. Milwaukee will get it back, but it's going to take 5 to 10 years of people outside of this forum having a reason to dig in.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#377 » by emunney » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Oslo is closer to Athens than Oakland is to New Orleans.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,028

Post#378 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:57 pm

Lol at using the warriors pelicans game as an example. Oakland is 2,270 miles away from New Orleans. That's like a guy traveling from Berlin to Athens, driving around the city for 800 miles and then going to a game. But it is totally the same thing as a team whose fan radius stops 20 miles away....
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#379 » by WRau1 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Bulls absolutely have a legit shot against the Cavs, especially if their guards keep up their current level of play.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#380 » by randy84 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:25 pm

It's kind of funny that a fan of one guy is telling people how to be a fan of the team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks