ImageImage

Game 6 Post Game Thread: Good Job, Good Effort

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Re: Game 6 Post Game Thread: Good Job, Good Effort 

Post#281 » by ampd » Fri May 1, 2015 9:06 pm

This is what happens when the refs don't control the game. MDJ came out and started literally punching guys in the mouth. when that gets let go escalation is inevitable.

As far as MDJ goes he's been doing this stuff for years and this isn't the first time he's gone out and intentionally done things that had the potential to seriously injure other players Including stufg that had the potential to end careers.

If the league was serious about curbing this stuff they'd suspend giannis for a few games next year and dunleavy for thr rest of the season and all of next year. You just can't have guys repeatedly and deliberately punching other guys in the face and throat on the court targeting them for injury or ejection when they retaliate.

it's really only luck that nobody was more seriously hurt.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,847

Post#282 » by VooDoo7 » Fri May 1, 2015 9:13 pm

Pisses me off that I have to root for the Cavs now.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,072

Post#283 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 1, 2015 9:15 pm

Unfortunately MJD was the difference in the series. Nights he shot well, we lost. Then he starts punching people and our team bites on it and gets taken all out of synch.

In the meantime, we can't hit a 3 point shot to save our life and Dunleavy would have spaced the floor fabulously.

Simply have MJD switch teams and the Bucks are getting ready for Cleveland on Monday.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,751

Post#284 » by emunney » Fri May 1, 2015 9:18 pm

JackSIKMA43 wrote:Only a matter of time. This will be him and his whole team before it's all said and done.

O! I am slain!
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,579

Post#285 » by Profound23 » Fri May 1, 2015 9:28 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:. I'm not sure we can talk about class and sportsmanship.

Eh, I can't excuse Giannis. Was a stupid, stupid thing he did. That said, I've had my fill of Pau and Noah whining to the refs after every play, Jimmy Butler's prancing and preening nonsense, Taj's elbows and now Dunleavy literally throwing a punch at a guy in mid-air going in for a layup.

I have no problem with what Giannis did. In fact I wish he didn't put on and brakes at all.

Kind of sad that the Bucks did so much for Dunleavy's family. If it wasn't for this organization who knows where he would be financially and that is how you act?
reppin_the_847
Junior
And1: 41

Post#286 » by reppin_the_847 » Fri May 1, 2015 9:30 pm

JackSIKMA43 wrote:Whatever with these tools. I still wore a Bucks polo, etc. to work today. I'd never give Chicago fans the satisfaction of not wearing it. Any time you can make them go, "WTF", is a good day. Been playing this game for years. Funny how all I'm hearing about is what punks the Bucks are, never mind Dunleavy the D1ckhead. If not the Cavs, it will be someone else. They'll get what's coming to them. Again ... all the SuperFan mustache motormouths ... they talk so tough, but when it all comes to an end, they all fall so hard. The city of weak shoulders. Go Cavs. Go Minnesota Wild.

Bulls fan here, coming in peace. Anyhow, I will say this one thing about you JackSIKMA43 (all of you can take it as you will). Folks like you are what give us the possibility of actually having a heated rivalry. In some ways it can be a good thing in sports. I mean, the NFL & our fanbases certainly benefit and enjoy the Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packer rivalry.

Without the Detroit Pistons (Bad Boys) in the late 80's / early 90's, the Bulls eventual victory just wouldn't be as sweet. The way things are looking, the Bucks' may have some good days on the horizon. Your current ownership, management team & coaching staff have your franchise on a trajectory that simply wasn't possible during Herbert Kohl's tenure. In some ways, I wish I could trade Jerry "got lucky, but cheap" Reinsdorf for Lasry / Edens / Dinan.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#287 » by JustinCredible » Fri May 1, 2015 9:37 pm

Giannis needs to be smarter. Simply pretend to trip right before he levels Dunleavy and he avoids ejection and suspension.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#288 » by JustinCredible » Fri May 1, 2015 9:41 pm

Ryen Rusillo private messaged me on Twitter. Basically said I can feel free to disagree with him about Dunleavy but not to be condescending about it. I replied stating that it was simple retaliation for MDJ's dirty play and frustration and that he made Giannis seem racist on national radio with that comment.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,072

Post#289 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 1, 2015 9:41 pm

reppin_the_847 wrote: In some ways, I wish I could trade Jerry "got lucky, but cheap" Reinsdorf for Lasry / Edens / Dinan.

I was thinking that last night. I sense our owners were all so embarrassed by that mess, they'll double down on any needed resources in the off-season.

For Reinsdorf, his teams have been part hobby/part investment. I think for our guys their egos won't allow them to fail, even if they lose some money in the process.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,230

Game 6 Post Game Thread: Good Job, Good Effort 

Post#290 » by thomchatt3rton » Fri May 1, 2015 10:38 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Was at a gas station in Oconomowoc today. As I'm waiting in line, the lady cashier (probably in her late 50's) asks the customer who she's waiting on (I'd guess around 65-70) if he happened to watch the Bucks game last night. I about dropped all of my stuff. People are taking notice.

I had a couple of similar experiences this season where I was shocked by seeing evidence of fandom in unlikely places/people. It was almost surreal-- which is weird because it shouldn't be surreal at all :)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#291 » by ACGB » Fri May 1, 2015 10:47 pm

I hope all summer long Giannis remembers how powerless he felt to effect the game that he had to get physical and it motivates him. That being said, I actually like Lebron so go cavs.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,140

Post#292 » by FrieAaron » Sat May 2, 2015 12:13 am

Some of those Chicago fans are so bipolar with there attitudes before and after the game, it's crazy how their opinion has swung. Now they're back to being championship caliber because of their "on" switch. I think the result of this game was equally about what you get with a .500 team - they just flat out laid an egg and Chicago, despite a 4-2 series is a terrible matchup for them. They beat us by 30 in the regular season as well.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#293 » by old skool » Sat May 2, 2015 1:37 am

The Bulls won game 6 because they were more aggressive and did a much better job of spacing the floor. They had a better game plan and the talent to execute that plan. Disregarding the epic final margin, the blowout was not a shocking result - the Bulls are a much better team.

On top of that, the Bucks lost their cool. They played like the young inexperienced team they were. They seemed to be thinking of the impression they made with two unexpected wins, while the Bulls seemed to focus on what they had to do to reach their goal of advancing to the next round.

Major kudos to the Bucks fans who provided a real home court advantage. The Bulls fans were hardly noticed.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using RealGM Forums mobile app
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#294 » by CannondaleF400 » Sat May 2, 2015 1:50 am

look familiar? flagrant 1

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw6-3kEEsys[/youtube]
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#295 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat May 2, 2015 2:10 am

machu46 wrote:Woelfel saying the NBA officials he's spoken to expect a minimum of a 5 game suspension for Giannis.

Not enough in my opinion. There is no place for that in basketball.
Read on Twitter
jtf150
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#296 » by jtf150 » Sat May 2, 2015 2:28 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
machu46 wrote:Woelfel saying the NBA officials he's spoken to expect a minimum of a 5 game suspension for Giannis.

more for Giannis and nothing for Dunleavy for his dirty play before what Giannis did? Are you blind or a Bulls fan?
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#297 » by JackSIKMA43 » Sat May 2, 2015 2:46 am

ElPeregrino wrote:

Oh, really? Just what do you call Dunleavy's crap? As far as I'm concerned, there's no place for the g'damn Bulls in basketball. If that team went defunct and went bye-bye forever, I'd celebrate that. Hard. It's not like the Bears. I can respect their tradition dating back to 1920 and the historic dynamic between Lambeau/Halas, the rivalry that transcends decades, and the fact that both teams bailed each other out of bad financial situations to survive a few times, etc. The Packers and Bears are good for each other, the fans, and the NFL in general. That isn't very debatable.

But the Bulls are the absolute worst. Skin-crawl worst. At least, to this life-long Bucks fan they are. They're the epitome of Chicago's worst type of sports fan - entitled loudmouths, who got lucky that the greatest player ever, fell in their laps. I'm rambling here, but whatever. Back on topic ... Dunleavy's stunts were exactly what I would expect from a player like him, on a team like that. It's that simple.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,847

Post#298 » by VooDoo7 » Sat May 2, 2015 2:52 am

ElPeregrino wrote:

You think he deserves more than 5 games??? :lol:
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#299 » by CannondaleF400 » Sat May 2, 2015 3:03 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:

You think he deserves more than 5 games??? :lol:

Dunleavy was launched into the crowd so basically it is the same thing as the Malice in the Palace...
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#300 » by Lippo » Sat May 2, 2015 3:03 am

So what would Lambeer, Mahorn, Oakley, Barkley or Shaquille have done if Dunleavy had done that to them and their starting PG in a game 6, they would have body slammed him in the 1st quarter, this league has gotten soft.

Gianni's should have been more subtle, jump at him and miss a block and accidentally poke one of those 7" fingers gees through his eye and say... "So sorry " as he peels his eyeball of his finger.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks