ImageImage

Game 6 Post Game Thread: Good Job, Good Effort

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Re: Game 6 Post Game Thread: Good Job, Good Effort 

Post#301 » by engelmartin » Sat May 2, 2015 3:06 am

Let's see if Dunleavy tries the same dirty stuff in that Cavs series. If he pulls something like that on Lebron or Kyrie he's suspended for the rest of the year, there's no doubt in my mind.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#302 » by Lippo » Sat May 2, 2015 3:11 am

CannondaleF400 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Not enough in my opinion. There is no place for that in basketball.

You think he deserves more than 5 games??? :lol:

Dunleavy was launched into the crowd so basically it is the same thing as the Malice in the Palace...

So pushing a player on the court is equal to 6 players climbing 15 rows into the stands and attacking fans, lol
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#303 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat May 2, 2015 3:11 am

JackSIKMA43 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
machu46 wrote:Woelfel saying the NBA officials he's spoken to expect a minimum of a 5 game suspension for Giannis.

Not enough in my opinion. There is no place for that in basketball.

Oh, really? Just what do you call Dunleavy's crap? As far as I'm concerned, there's no place for the g'damn Bulls in basketball. If that team went defunct and went bye-bye forever, I'd celebrate that. Hard. It's not like the Bears. I can respect their tradition dating back to 1920 and the historic dynamic between Lambeau/Halas, the rivalry that transcends decades, and the fact that both teams bailed each other out of bad financial situations to survive a few times, etc. The Packers and Bears are good for each other, the fans, and the NFL in general. That isn't very debatable.

But the Bulls are the absolute worst. Skin-crawl worst. At least, to this life-long Bucks fan they are. They're the epitome of Chicago's worst type of sports fan - entitled loudmouths, who got lucky that the greatest player ever, fell in their laps. I'm rambling here, but whatever. Back on topic ... Dunleavy's stunts were exactly what I would expect from a player like him, on a team like that. It's that simple.

What do I call Dunleavy's crap? I call it dirty. My opinion of Giannis doesn't have anything to do with Dunleavy. Two wrongs don't make a right. We don't need to justify Giannis' actions by comparing it with Dunleavy's.

When a player stops playing basketball and is clearly trying to hurt somebody, I have no tolerance for that. I am a Bucks fan so I am focused on the Giannis aspect of this.
Read on Twitter
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#304 » by JackSIKMA43 » Sat May 2, 2015 3:20 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
JackSIKMA43 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Not enough in my opinion. There is no place for that in basketball.

Oh, really? Just what do you call Dunleavy's crap? As far as I'm concerned, there's no place for the g'damn Bulls in basketball. If that team went defunct and went bye-bye forever, I'd celebrate that. Hard. It's not like the Bears. I can respect their tradition dating back to 1920 and the historic dynamic between Lambeau/Halas, the rivalry that transcends decades, and the fact that both teams bailed each other out of bad financial situations to survive a few times, etc. The Packers and Bears are good for each other, the fans, and the NFL in general. That isn't very debatable.

But the Bulls are the absolute worst. Skin-crawl worst. At least, to this life-long Bucks fan they are. They're the epitome of Chicago's worst type of sports fan - entitled loudmouths, who got lucky that the greatest player ever, fell in their laps. I'm rambling here, but whatever. Back on topic ... Dunleavy's stunts were exactly what I would expect from a player like him, on a team like that. It's that simple.

What do I call Dunleavy's crap? I call it dirty. My opinion of Giannis doesn't have anything to do with Dunleavy. Two wrongs don't make a right. We don't need to justify Giannis' actions by comparing it with Dunleavy's.

When a player stops playing basketball and is clearly trying to hurt somebody, I have no tolerance for that. I am a Bucks fan so I am focused on the Giannis aspect of this.

Well, no offense, man, but we clearly do not see the same thing here. Giannis' actions were brought forth, due to Dunleavy's preceding actions. Period. You obviously don't understand the reality that he was merely defending his teammate. Was it the best move? No. Whatever. I'm giving Giannis a complete, 100% pass on it. This is the 4th or 5th year of his entire life, of playing organized basketball. Hate to break it to you, but that is a part of this equation. Would he do that if he's 28 years old? Not likely. Were you or I a grown, mature adult at 20? No, we were not. So, you need to factor some of that in.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#305 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat May 2, 2015 3:21 am

Lippo wrote:So what would Lambeer, Mahorn, Oakley, Barkley or Shaquille have done if Dunleavy had done that to them and their starting PG in a game 6, they would have body slammed him in the 1st quarter, this league has gotten soft.

They would've played him physically and tried to rough him up during play, not ran over him while he was defenseless after the play was over. If Giannis wants to retaliate, then he needs to do it within the confines of the game and not get fouled (let alone ejected). Once you do something that you're going to get fined for, then you've gone too far.

Read on Twitter
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#306 » by Buck Dweller » Sat May 2, 2015 3:31 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
JackSIKMA43 wrote:

I hate the "two wrongs don't make a right" mentality here. Sounds like something my kindergarten teacher would've said. If you PUNCH a defenseless player in the face while in MID AIR, knock his teeth out of place, and the refs don't bother to call anything? You're gonna get your ass laid out, rightfully so. They are all grown ups, this is how the real world works. In fact, Greek Freak should've hit him harder.

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#307 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat May 2, 2015 3:34 am

JackSIKMA43 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
JackSIKMA43 wrote:

Well, no offense, man, but we clearly do not see the same thing here. Giannis' actions were brought forth, due to Dunleavy's preceding actions. Period. You obviously don't understand the reality that he was merely defending his teammate. Was it the best move? No. Whatever. I'm giving Giannis a complete, 100% pass on it. This is the 4th or 5th year of his entire life, of playing organized basketball. Hate to break it to you, but that is a part of this equation. Would he do that if he's 28 years old? Not likely. Were you or I a grown, mature adult at 20? No, we were not. So, you need to factor some of that in.

I was an idiot when I was 20 but I shouldn't expect to be excused for things at that age that I can't get away with now. If his actions were wrong, then it's wrong regardless of his age.

You're wrong to say he was "merely defending his teammate" or he would've pounced on Dunleavy when Dunleavy cheapshotted MCW in the beginning of the game (which, by the way, I think Dunleavy should be suspended for). Giannis lost control of his emotions after he got smacked on the previous play and his team was down 30. That's all there is to it, he lost control of his emotions and tried to hurt Dunleavy. It was malicious and calculated. It was inexcusable.

Read on Twitter
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#308 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat May 2, 2015 3:38 am

BucksIn6ix wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
JackSIKMA43 wrote:

I hate the "two wrongs don't make a right" mentality here. Sounds like something my kindergarten teacher would've said. If you PUNCH a defenseless player in the face while in MID AIR, knock his teeth out of place, and the refs don't bother to call anything? You're gonna get your ass laid out, rightfully so. They are all grown ups, this is how the real world works. In fact, Greek Freak should've hit him harder.

Okay let me put this another way.

Then why didn't the Bucks retaliate immediately after the MCW hit?

Do you think Giannis runs over Dunleavy if the game is close?

Read on Twitter
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,847

Post#309 » by VooDoo7 » Sat May 2, 2015 3:39 am

Lippo wrote:
CannondaleF400 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:You think he deserves more than 5 games??? :lol:

Dunleavy was launched into the crowd so basically it is the same thing as the Malice in the Palace...

So pushing a player on the court is equal to 6 players climbing 15 rows into the stands and attacking fans, lol

I think/hope he was being sarcastic.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#310 » by VooDoo7 » Sat May 2, 2015 3:42 am

It was quite telling when none of Dunleavy's teammates ran over to defend him when Giannis knocked him on his ass. Even they think he's a douche.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#311 » by JustinCredible » Sat May 2, 2015 3:53 am

I can't figure out how to do it on my phone but if someone can just search youtube for 'Dunleavy Lillard' and post that video here that would be great.

Then if the Bulls fans can shut up after watching it that'd be even better.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#312 » by JustinCredible » Sat May 2, 2015 3:59 am

The biggest difference I see between Dunleavy and Giannis in all of this is that Giannis owns it and will apologize.

Dunleavy said he doesn't recall anything from this game. In the Lillard situation he said he was just trying to stop the clock. When Bayless asked Dunleavy at the free throw line 'what happened before that though?' Dunleavy was about to say some stupid lie and then he sees MCW walk up and he shuts up like a kid about to get caught in a lie. It is quite funny actually.

Dunleavy is flat out a dirty player by design. Giannis made a mistake in a moment of frustration/retaliation. One is calculated and manipulative. The other is reacting and apologetic.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#313 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 2, 2015 4:05 am

jbk1234 wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:To be honest, I was happy to see Giannis tackle Dunleavy who is a historically cheap player.
Giannis wasn't doing much this series anyway.

Dunleavy pulls that crap in the next series, and Perkins will get enough revenge for the both of us.

Chicago has a goon in Nazr. He has already laid Lebron out once.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#314 » by Buck Dweller » Sat May 2, 2015 4:19 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:What do I call Dunleavy's crap? I call it dirty. My opinion of Giannis doesn't have anything to do with Dunleavy. Two wrongs don't make a right. We don't need to justify Giannis' actions by comparing it with Dunleavy's.

Okay let me put this another way.

Then why didn't the Bucks retaliate immediately after the MCW hit?

Do you think Giannis runs over Dunleavy if the game is close?

Because in the punch play, no whistle was blown (ridiculously), and I don't even think anyone besides MCW and Giannis even knew Michael was punched at the time. The anger built up and the neck push on Giannis was his last straw with that punk. And no, I do not predict Giannis would've done that in a close game. He was probably frustrated by getting blown out too.

Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#315 » by Prince12 » Sat May 2, 2015 8:00 am

I don't honestly understand how any buck fan could possibly be mad at Giannis for that.
Dunleavy was lucky he only ended up in the first row and not the fourth.
Would love to see him get smacked in the chops next round.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#316 » by AussieBuck » Sat May 2, 2015 9:17 am

Prince12 wrote:I don't honestly understand how any buck fan could possibly be mad at Giannis for that.

Yeah as I said earlier the only shame was it wasn't a vet that ironed out Dunleavy. I don't like non basketball stuff happening in games at all but when the refs aren't stopping it you have to fight back.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#317 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sat May 2, 2015 11:22 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Prince12 wrote:I don't honestly understand how any buck fan could possibly be mad at Giannis for that.

Yeah as I said earlier the only shame was it wasn't a vet that ironed out Dunleavy. I don't like non basketball stuff happening in games at all but when the refs aren't stopping it you have to fight back.

I'm glad that it was giannis, he doesn't need perception that he can't fight his own battles.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#318 » by Prince12 » Sun May 3, 2015 5:04 pm

http://www.brewhoop.com/2015/5/2/8537897/this-bucks-tribute-video-will-give-you-a-mean-case-of-the-feels

Watch this video and try not to feel proud of where we have come from.
Great video, love this team.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#319 » by VooDoo7 » Sun May 3, 2015 5:27 pm

^ Just noticed...both you guys have Prince12 in your name, and registered here 1 day apart.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#320 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sun May 3, 2015 5:58 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:^ Just noticed...both you guys have Prince12 in your name, and registered here 1 day apart.

odd

Return to Milwaukee Bucks