ImageImage

Woelfel: Brook Lopez would consider Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Presence
Rookie
And1: 468

Re: Woelfel: Brook Lopez would consider Bucks 

Post#81 » by Presence » Tue May 12, 2015 12:36 pm

IN 2016/17 you have a young group of players who by that time have gained a lot of cohesion. If MCW can be something like he was in game #5 22 pts (10-15) 9 assists and 8 rebounds he'll be top 5-10 pg. Mids I already think is top 5-7. Giannis easily has top 5 potential. I think Parker will be top 5-10. Frank and Henson as a two headed monster can be top 5-10 effective. The rest can be effective role players = Top 3 team in the East for years.

So... basically no championships for years?

Also, I really hope your top 5 and 5-10 potentials for Giannis and Jabari are in general, and not just in the SF/PF positions like the other players you mention...
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#82 » by SpursNBucks » Tue May 12, 2015 12:44 pm

As far as the Center position - trade Hibbert for Zaza for one year and swap 1sts- that saves them $9 mil. That gives the Bucks the 11th pick. Hibbert is expiring. With the 11th pick the Bucks take Frank. I think Frank and Henson can be an effective team at Center.

IN 2016/17 you have a young group of players who by that time have gained a lot of cohesion. If MCW can be something like he was in game #5 22 pts (10-15) 9 assists and 8 rebounds he'll be top 5-10 pg. Mids I already think is top 5-7. Giannis easily has top 5 potential. I think Parker will be top 5-10. Frank and Henson as a two headed monster can be top 5-10 effective. The rest can be effective role players = Top 3 team in the East for years.

MCW - Ennis
Middleton -Mayo
Giannis- Inglis
Parker - Ersan
Frank- Henson

A lot will fall on how MCW, Parker, and Giannis will progress in two years. Hell yes - this could be a championship level team. They could be close to being top 5 at three positions and top 5-10 at the other two.

How many teams still left in the playoffs can you say that about? Add the facct they should be a cohesive group by then with a high-end Coach.
newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Post#83 » by newerabucks » Tue May 12, 2015 1:00 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I think Kidd could figure out how to hide the guy on defense, and really use his scoring.
If there's one thing we learned watching Jason Kidd's team this year it's EVERYONE on the court plays hard defense or they won't be on the court for long. Kidd won't make this acquisition if he doesn't know for a fact that Lopez will do his part on defense.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#84 » by Badgerlander » Tue May 12, 2015 1:06 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
drew881 wrote:[but I have no clue what the Pacers want to do now that they have George back.

Pacers want Roy to opt out so they can save the money and get the roster spot. They were trying to talk him into opting out a few weeks back.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nb ... /25934333/

Based on those comments, I'd have to think Pacers would jump at Ersan or ZaZa for him.

Hibbert isn't mentally tough, although I'm sure in a contract year he can keep things on lockdown for most of the year and then let it back out after he signs a long term deal. He also needs the ball early and often to get a rhythm going but he is turnover prone similar to Henson when you give him the ball at the elbow and let him try to back his man down into the post. I'm sure our staff could minimize things by pigeon holing him into spots where he is most efficient just like Henson but I'm not sure Hibbert would stay quiet about his lack of touches like Henson has. Hibbert is a guy that if we traded for him at the deadline he would be fantastic to have on defense in the playoffs, but for 82 games or worse multiple seasons I think he wears on his teammates and coaches.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#85 » by raferfenix » Tue May 12, 2015 1:14 pm

I don't know if the Pacers' swap picks only to drop some Hibbert salary with an Ersan or ZaZa chaser.

Seems like Indiana very well might want a young center to replace Roy, which they could get at 11 but 17 becomes dicier.

Now, if we were to trade Henson + a vet for Hibbert, maybe they would be more inclined to do that pick swap knowing they are acquiring a young center more ready to contribute than a rookie.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#86 » by Garbs_7 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Brook is such a pussy on the glass it makes me sick. Remember Zaza grabbing 21 boards against him a few weeks ago? No thanks.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#87 » by Shaffty » Tue May 12, 2015 1:32 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:As far as the Center position - trade Hibbert for Zaza for one year and swap 1sts- that saves them $9 mil. That gives the Bucks the 11th pick. Hibbert is expiring. With the 11th pick the Bucks take Frank. I think Frank and Henson can be an effective team at Center.

TRADE ZAZA FOR THE 11TH PICK IN THE DRAFT LOL
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#88 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue May 12, 2015 1:34 pm

No. The last thing this team needs is another "finesse" big man.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,572

Post#89 » by Profound23 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:49 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:I'm pretty sure ill be the only guy here that will be happy about getting lopez

Not the only one. If it came down to $15mil to Middleton or max to Lopez that's easy imo. Of course I would rather have DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol but they will stay with their teams.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#90 » by BucksFanSD » Tue May 12, 2015 2:23 pm

I think Brook Lopez helped the Nets not fall on their face last year by making the playoffs (albeit the East) and then taking two games vs ATL. D-will and Joe Johnson are just stealing money from that team. It's kind of sick if you're a Nets fan.

I'm curious if Lasry and Edens would go into the luxary tax this year and splurge on Middleton and an expensive FA. They won't be repeat offenders next year since cap space is on our side and then the cap limit explodes higher.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#91 » by LUKE23 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Anyone who condones signing Lopez or Hibbert should be perma-banned.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#92 » by raferfenix » Tue May 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Trading for a year of Hibbert is different than signing him.

We need an upgrade to ZaZa at starting center by hook or by crook. I don't trust that Henson will be up for the job and am hoping we sell high rather than risk watching him fail and have his value decrease.
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#93 » by JackSIKMA43 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Eh, I don't know - what is the best way to look at this? I guess the question is ... when it comes to who the Bucks sign this summer, should we really be that nit-picky about things, if the goal is to build a championship team? I mean ... if they sign a player who is better (preferably, substantially better) than what we currently have, then is it really a bad move? I'm not claiming Lopez is all-world, but just looking at the big picture.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#94 » by LUKE23 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:44 pm

We aren't in a "win a title or bust" mode this year, so there is no dire need to do anything, really. I'd rather see what Henson had than trade for or sign a veteran non-star center. We aren't even going to have a 100% Parker until the turn of the year at the earliest, neither him nor Giannis can legally drink yet either. There isn't a rush this offseason.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#95 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 12, 2015 2:56 pm

raferfenix wrote:I don't know if the Pacers' swap picks only to drop some Hibbert salary with an Ersan or ZaZa chaser.

Seems like Indiana very well might want a young center to replace Roy, which they could get at 11 but 17 becomes dicier.

Now, if we were to trade Henson + a vet for Hibbert, maybe they would be more inclined to do that pick swap knowing they are acquiring a young center more ready to contribute than a rookie.

Yeah, as cool as it would be to move up 6 spots in the draft simply by absorbing Hibbert's soon-to-be expiring contract, I don't see any incentive for the Pacers to do it. I'd do the Henson trade in a heartbeat if and only if Willy Cauley-Stein is there at 11, but I don't think he falls that far. And even if he did, Indiana doesn't make that trade and just picks him there anyways.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#96 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:01 pm

raferfenix wrote:Trading for a year of Hibbert is different than signing him.

Yep. You get a year to audition him and you don't commit long-term salary.

In the meantime we've all seen moody bigs have their play cycle up, down and up again depending on what team they are on and their health. 2-3 years ago Hibbert was beasting all over the Heat. Then supposedly his wife or GF cheats on him with Paul George and he goes into a funk.

Here's some musical chairs that won't happen, but I'd do it this way.

ZaZa (or Ersan)/17 to Pacers for Hibbert/11. Draft Kaminsky.

Trade Henson to Phoenix for #13 and draft either Booker or Tyus Jones.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
newerabucks
Senior

Post#97 » by newerabucks » Tue May 12, 2015 3:04 pm

LUKE23 wrote:We aren't in a "win a title or bust" mode this year, so there is no dire need to do anything, really. I'd rather see what Henson had than trade for or sign a veteran non-star center. We aren't even going to have a 100% Parker until the turn of the year at the earliest, neither him nor Giannis can legally drink yet either. There isn't a rush this offseason.
Agree. They'll be paying up for Middleton but that makes sense because he will grow and mature w/ this current group. Timing on Lopez doesn't make sense. Would rather see them trade up for Kaminsky and develop him w/ the rest of the youngsters.
newerabucks
Senior

Post#98 » by newerabucks » Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

And for the record I don't get all the trade Henson suggestions. I hope they don't have to trade him. He is shaping up to be a terrific big off the bench.
pe_it72
Senior
And1: 83

Post#99 » by pe_it72 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:06 pm

No need for desperation mode for a center. If we can move up in the draft then do it. I would love to send Zaza and 17 for Hibbert and 11. I would then try and use Hibbert/11 and/or ours or Clips 17 pick to move up in this draft. Does NY want Hibbert? Maybe L.A. If they lose out on Gasol/Aldridge. Maximize assets however you have to.

If Kidd wants me to be his assistant Gm or even puppet GM at 150 k a year iIll do it. But I will fling him ideas all day.
bstrassburg
Bench Warmer
And1: 50

Post#100 » by bstrassburg » Tue May 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Shaffty wrote:
SpursNBucks wrote:As far as the Center position - trade Hibbert for Zaza for one year and swap 1sts- that saves them $9 mil. That gives the Bucks the 11th pick. Hibbert is expiring. With the 11th pick the Bucks take Frank. I think Frank and Henson can be an effective team at Center.

TRADE ZAZA FOR THE 11TH PICK IN THE DRAFT LOL

That'd be almost as crazy as trading the 7th pick for Stephen Jackson.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks