ImageImage

2015 NBA Draft Thread (6:30pm CT on ESPN)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,569

Re: 2015 NBA Draft Thread (6:30pm CT on ESPN) 

Post#1041 » by Profound23 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:13 am

I can't believe the Hornets turned down pick #9 in an at best mediocre draft-class:

2015 picks 16, 28, and 33
2016 picks (2 of 3 from) Minnesota, Brooklyn, Dallas first rounders and a 2nd round pick

Also, if you look at the draft picks Boston has coming up it's ridiculous.

2016 draft

1st round: Boston, Brooklyn, Minnesota2, Dallas1

2nd round: Philadelphia, Minnesota2, Miami, Cleveland, Dallas3

2017 draft

1st round: Boston4, Memphis5

2nd round: Boston4, Cleveland, Minnesota2, Clippers

2018 draft

1st round: Boston, Brooklyn

2nd round: Boston

breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#1042 » by breakchains » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:43 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/614788918517596160[/tweet]
This guy is a clown.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#1043 » by drew881 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:16 pm

I guess this is the default ATL thread. I really like what Minnesota is doing and now you have news that they are trying to bring over Bjelica at 3x12. Perfect. Even if they have a mismatched lineup of bad contracts, the future is really bright in Towns, Wiggins, Lavine, and Jones. I would start trying to unload Pek, Bennet, and Budinger right away. Perhaps even dump Rubio, although he is still pretty young.

Rubio/Jones
Wiggins/Lavine
Martin/Muhammad/Budinger
Garnett/Bjelica/Bennett
Towns/Pekovic/Dieng
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#1044 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:19 pm

^^^^In only 11 months the Wolves have gone from no future to maybe the best future.

Amazing how they added Wiggins, LaVine, KAT and Jones to go with Rubio, etc. That's a core.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,586

Post#1045 » by JayMKE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Wolves basically have a dream roster for this board, it's gonna be a fun season in Minneapolis. Season long fappening for them, maybe more fun than even a championship run.
FREE GIANNIS
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#1046 » by DH34Phan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Still shocked Duje Dukan went undrafted. Another Hammond fail.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#1047 » by chonestown » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:52 pm

DH34Phan wrote:Still shocked Duje Dukan went undrafted. Another Hammond fail.

Eh, time will tell. Intriguing prospect, great pedigree, model citizen but I don't know if he'll really make a mark in the league. I'll tell you what though, if anybody can overcome staggering odds it's Duje Dukan. Reminds me of a story called "When The Puppy Lost It's Way." Now see, the League was changing and the puppy was getting bigger. Times were tough for the slender Croatian bereft of a post game, just as the situation was dire for the orphaned canine. But the good Lord loves his most woebegone creatures fiercely. And lo, though many tests were laid in front of the duo, the reward once attained would taste sweeter than the most decadent ambrosia. You see the puppy was just like the oversized forward, ill-suited for the go-go action that made Golden State so successful this last campaign and nabbed the Baysiders the 2014-15 title. And just like the puppy, the oversized forward was lost. He wandered through the Chinese leagues, spent time with his national team, bounced around the NBADL. But nobody, especially the little boy [finger quotes] John Hammonds knew where to find him. In time, the oversized forward would catch the attention of the blandly amiable and bespectacled little boy. Multiple championships accrued to the city by the lake and the Milwaukeean hardwooders even found their exploits discussed on the local airwaves, at least during the time between the NFL draft and when the local 9s had taken themselves out of postseason contention. And suburbanites from Elm Brook to Brookfield rose up as one, filled their lungs with air and shouted at their harried housewives "I can't believe Doug Melvin is still calling shots for the Brewers, what an asshat that guy is."
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Post#1048 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:16 am

Yeah, I'd take MIN's roster over ours I think.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1049 » by Bernman » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:18 am

VooDoo7 wrote:Yeah, I'd take MIN's roster over ours I think.

They pushed past us Thursday night. Things could have been different.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,668

Re: Re: 2015 NBA Draft Thread (6:30pm CT on ESPN) 

Post#1050 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:52 am

chonestown wrote:

Eh, time will tell. Intriguing prospect, great pedigree, model citizen but I don't know if he'll really make a mark in the league. I'll tell you what though, if anybody can overcome staggering odds it's Duje Dukan. Reminds me of a story called "When The Puppy Lost It's Way." Now see, the League was changing and the puppy was getting bigger. Times were tough for the slender Croatian bereft of a post game, just as the situation was dire for the orphaned canine. But the good Lord loves his most woebegone creatures fiercely. And lo, though many tests were laid in front of the duo, the reward once attained would taste sweeter than the most decadent ambrosia. You see the puppy was just like the oversized forward, ill-suited for the go-go action that made Golden State so successful this last campaign and nabbed the Baysiders the 2014-15 title. And just like the puppy, the oversized forward was lost. He wandered through the Chinese leagues, spent time with his national team, bounced around the NBADL. But nobody, especially the little boy [finger quotes] John Hammonds knew where to find him. In time, the oversized forward would catch the attention of the blandly amiable and bespectacled little boy. Multiple championships accrued to the city by the lake and the Milwaukeean hardwooders even found their exploits discussed on the local airwaves, at least during the time between the NFL draft and when the local 9s had taken themselves out of postseason contention. And suburbanites from Elm Brook to Brookfield rose up as one, filled their lungs with air and shouted at their harried housewives "I can't believe Doug Melvin is still calling shots for the Brewers, what an asshat that guy is."
well this is obviously the best post ever
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1051 » by bizarro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:07 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
chonestown wrote:

He had me until the Brewers derailment. Brookfielders are conservative by nature so calling out Melvin - even now - is cut from the wrong cloth. They wouldn't use asshat either. More likely less hip word like: dweeb or dork. I would imagine they might actually say: "Can you believe that guy Mark Adams got the Germantown gig? What a real dweeb. At least he was when Johnny graduated back in '96." Or variations therein. Quality post. Top of the line prose. But due to the inaccurate ending - in an otherwise epically crafted documentarian narrative - I'll have to pass on sending it on to Supreme for film considerations.
RealBucksFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#1052 » by RealBucksFan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Minny has tons of young talent, but they also have a bad coach and bad GM (happens to be the same guy, which makes everything worse) and they have a handful of pretty crappy young players who still get some minutes - Bennett and Payne are busts and LaVine strikes me as a guy who will never actually be good, although he has some promise. But the Rubio-Wiggins-KAT core is a great one, Dieng is a solid backup center who may be somewhat crowded out by the overpaid Pekovic, Jones could be a good backup PG, Martin could reduce LaVine's minutes and Bjelica could come over this year and be their best PF.
drew881
RealGM

Post#1053 » by drew881 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Pekovic/Martin have little to no value now, but will become a bit more valuable in 1-2 years with the new salaries. As other players become overpaid, and their salaries have fewer years remaining, perhaps they can offload them to some desperate team.
drew881
RealGM

Post#1054 » by drew881 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Also, this is pretty good:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/6/28/8858761/jahlil-okafor-drops-his-sixers-jersey-like-its-trash

Even if there is a table there, guys seems to have really douchey body language tossing it.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#1055 » by chonestown » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:18 am

bizarro wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
chonestown wrote:

He had me until the Brewers derailment. Brookfielders are conservative by nature so calling out Melvin - even now - is cut from the wrong cloth. They wouldn't use asshat either. More likely less hip word like: dweeb or dork. I would imagine they might actually say: "Can you believe that guy Mark Adams got the Germantown gig? What a real dweeb. At least he was when Johnny graduated back in '96." Or variations therein. Quality post. Top of the line prose. But due to the inaccurate ending - in an otherwise epically crafted documentarian narrative - I'll have to pass on sending it on to Supreme for film considerations.

I was too deep into it before I realized I couldn't tie all the threads together. I know Brookfieldians but I don't KNOW Brookfieldians. But dammit don't you dash my screenwriting aspirations.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1056 » by Dcebucks11 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:21 am

breakchains wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/614788918517596160[/tweet]
This guy is a clown.

he's worse than gery in my books
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1057 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:59 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Post#1058 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Am I missing something? He lays the jersey down same as the other two.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks