ImageImage

1st - Rashad Vaughn

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WimpyDeer
Sophomore
And1: 142

Re: 1st - Rashad Vaughn 

Post#701 » by WimpyDeer » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:44 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Vaughn didn't make sense to me at the time, and now that it looks like we may strike out on big men, it really looks stupid with Portis sitting there.

And how does it look now?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#702 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:48 am

Vaughn summer league's allen Iverson
Book it.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#703 » by bucksfansince88 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:37 am

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#704 » by Bernman » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:55 am

WimpyDeer wrote:And how does it look now?

Not him, but passing on Grant for Vaughn looks even stupider to me now that we got Monroe. We need shooting from the 1 spot, not 2, and Vaughn was an immature frosh while Grant a mature senior whose game had already rounded out. I don't think Vaughn will ever be as good as Grant, and he's far less useful now.

Also, until further events maybe, stupider passing on Dekker now that we got Monroe and are rid of Dudley. Having that quality, mature 3/4 prospect would feel pretty darn good right now. What daddy wanted is irrelevant. Dekker would have gotten a chance for pt immediately, is a Bucks' fan, and a nice guy. He'd have gotten over it real quick.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: 

Post#705 » by Bernman » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:56 am

HKPackFan wrote:Vaughn summer league's allen Iverson
Book it.

aka a sg Brandon Jennings.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#706 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:50 pm

I think Vaughn will be a consistent 8-10 point scorer by January.
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#707 » by Octopus Jonny » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:49 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I think Vaughn will be a consistent 8-10 point scorer by January.

Was just saying this to a friend.

I think Vaughn can be a regular rotational player by the end of the year. He just looks like he knows how to play and I feel pretty good about his ability to work into the rotation.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#708 » by H2tObes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:52 am

Also was thinking the same with Vaughn. Just watching how smooth he is on offense, I think he will be a decent rotation player as soon as this year. I'm pretty high on this kid honestly. Think we got a steal, but we will see
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#709 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:19 am

Yeah, I half jokingly wondered if we drafted Deron Lamb after the first summer league game but definitely changed my tune after seeing him twice live in Vegas. He's going to figure out how to get buckets & if the coaching staff can get him to remain focused defensively (the way he was against Houston) he has a chance to be pretty good. Worst case he's a 6-5 Lou Williams.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Post#710 » by RRyder823 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:20 am

Worst and probably best case for Vaughn this year is a guy when we need extra spacing in our 2nd unit can come in and we can just park him in the corner.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#711 » by 4xBuck » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Yeah, I half jokingly wondered if we drafted Deron Lamb after the first summer league game but definitely changed my tune after seeing him twice live in Vegas.

Yeah, when he was first drafted I thought he was that type of player. After watching him, his skillset is five times that of Lamb's... It's crazy that posters are still saying their games are similar.

Now, I kinda look at Vaughn as an Arron Afflalo type player with some point guard skills.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Re: 

Post#712 » by 4xBuck » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:02 pm

RRyder823 wrote:Worst and probably best case for Vaughn this year is a guy when we need extra spacing in our 2nd unit can come in and we can just park him in the corner.

He could do that, but it appears he's certainly more skilled than just a shooter.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,435

Post#713 » by Rendei » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Kidd didn't shy away from playing Jabari before he went down, and then Ennis after the trade this season. Even JOB was able to get onto the court. So I have no doubt that Vaughn will have the opportunity to prove his worth this season, since Kidd isn't averse to playing rookies at all.

And I really like Vaughn's game after watching him play the entire Summer League. His shooting range already extends out to the NBA 3 at the age of 18, and he's got a good head for making the right play. If he didn't like what was in front of him, he wouldn't hesitate to pass out of it and reset, which was extremely encouraging. A lot of guys get stuck transitioning from college star to NBA role player, but I don't see that being a problem for him. He was also showing the length and effort needed to impact a game defensively. His knee scares me, but if it didn't he wouldn't have been available at 17. Just gotta believe in Suki!

I would've taken Portis personally before the draft, so I hope he doesn't burn us. There's a lot to like about his game, from the leadership, to the range, to the Kurt Thomas crazy eyes. He's going to have to put a lot of work in to speed that release up, though. At the moment you could time it with a sundial.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,586

Post#714 » by JayMKE » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Looking forward to seeing Vaughn play real basketball, didn't get to see him play much in summer league(I can't sit in front of my computer and watch blurry games like I use to) not to mention I find the level of play in summer league to be offensive plus you can't really predict what a guy can or can't do in it based off it.
FREE GIANNIS
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#715 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:23 pm

Dekker looks like a better pick at the moment, but Shad's got some time to prove me wrong.
Do it for Chuck
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#716 » by H2tObes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Why? Dekker didnt even play SL if I recall. From what I saw from Vaughn in SL, Dekker isnt as skilled as Vaughn while being 3 years older. I also don't think Dekker would fit well on this team if he did turn out to be good, he would have Jabari/Giannis in front of him. #TeamVaughn
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#717 » by chonestown » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:51 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Dekker looks like a better pick at the moment, but Shad's got some time to prove me wrong.

He didn't play. He must have wowed you with his headshot.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
EasyE31
Freshman
And1: 33

Re: Re: Re: 1st - Rashad Vaughn 

Post#718 » by EasyE31 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Bernman wrote:
crkone wrote:It's extremely likely Vaughn will learn and play the way Kidd likes it. I'd you don't think Jabari or Giannis adapted to Kidd's style I'll just stop right her. I really have nothing else to say.

We're not talking about adapting to styles, we're talking about ability/team impact. Giannis and Jabari were great prospects before they entered Kidd's office. Forget what I even consider him, the average opinion of Vaughn before the Bucks drafted him 17th was low 1st, high 2nd. So that's where we're at right now. Not Giannis being considered possibly the best prospect in his (albeit weak) class and Jabari #2 in his strong one, before Kidd started working with them.

If you think back to when we drafted Giannis he was NOT considered the best prospect in that draft ... in fact I'm not even sure a lot of people expected him to get drafted at all let alone in the middle of the first round where we took him. Personally, I have a lot of faith in Hammond as a talent evaluator and drafter. Just gotta trust the process and hope we can develop him..
EasyE31
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#719 » by EasyE31 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Bernman wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:And how does it look now?

Not him, but passing on Grant for Vaughn looks even stupider to me now that we got Monroe. We need shooting from the 1 spot, not 2, and Vaughn was an immature frosh while Grant a mature senior whose game had already rounded out. I don't think Vaughn will ever be as good as Grant, and he's far less useful now.

Also, until further events maybe, stupider passing on Dekker now that we got Monroe and are rid of Dudley. Having that quality, mature 3/4 prospect would feel pretty darn good right now. What daddy wanted is irrelevant. Dekker would have gotten a chance for pt immediately, is a Bucks' fan, and a nice guy. He'd have gotten over it real quick.

We already picked up shooting from the 1 spot when we traded for Vasquez. That trade would have made NO sense if we then went on to draft Grant. I think Vaughn fills a really nice role being a shooter off the bench and can hopefully in time provide a much needed scoring punch to the second unit.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#720 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:44 pm

chonestown wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Dekker looks like a better pick at the moment, but Shad's got some time to prove me wrong.

He didn't play. He must have wowed you with his headshot.

I'm basing it on roster composition. Both to me project to be bench players and Dekker is more athletic, doesn't have major injury concerns and plays a position of real need. The hometown ties is just a little icing on the cake.
Do it for Chuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks