And1: 1,341

Re: Free Agency Thread -Non Monroe FA talk 

Post#2941 » by dedned » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:09 pm

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#2942 » by Bernman » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:14 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they made a move for a point guard. Ty Lawson anybody?

We know Kidd likes MCW, loves big pg's, and one would especially help out Monroe defensively in our system. So I think that would be pretty unlikely. But our transition game would be awesome.

IF they move MCW (as they should), I think it would be for another nice sized pg who can shoot discernibly better than MCW. I'm talking like George Hill, Marcus Smart, Jordan Clarkson, Alec Burks, etc. Depends on who is available. FWIW, Indy just picked up Ellis. Maybe they don't want to go small backcourt.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#2943 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:14 pm

I hope we can expect something soon. I'm thirsty for more.
#FreeChuckDiesel
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#2944 » by mattg » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:15 pm

blazza18 wrote:Jordan must really not like something at the Clippers to turn down more money as well as walk away from two top 10 players.

I think he's overrated anyway and he goes to one of the more overrated teams in the west so it's an ideal fit for me.

I think there's a lot to the whole not liking cp3 thing. I mean Paul is a great player, but there's certain things about him that can be somewhat toxic. He's undoubtedly a massive control freak on the court, that's obvious by his style of play, his insistence on being the sole decision maker. And that overly conservative, methodical approach has cost his teams in big moments on a number of occasions. He's also been majorly hesitant in letting the clips offense run through griffin even when it's been successful. Paul also came in with an attitude like "follow me, do exactly what i say, and we will win" but he came across as a taskmaster or someone who acted superior to his teammates because they were young and unproven. To be fair I think teams need a leader who can organize and bark at guys so the team can perform as one unit, but I think Paul's approach has worn thin. He's never really accomplished anything in terms of team success in his career so his insistence on doing things his way has probably gotten old. Especially considering that somehow cp3 has consistently avoided criticism for his team's failures, it's never his fault, there's always some excuse. It's either jordan can't shoot FTs, Blake isn't a great defender, wing players missed shots, etc. Paul isn't really the guy stepping up and taking blame and has at times been critical of teammates at questionable times.

At a certain point it's just like, well we haven't been able to win with the approach we're taking, and Paul isn't going to change, so time to move on, we aren't going to accomplish anything beyond what we have already.

Personally, I thought during the first round series vs SA that the clips had a chance to reinvent themselves when they started primarily running the offense through griffin, they were much more dynamic and less stagnant than when they were instead merely spamming high PnR with Paul. They looked like legitimate contenders playing that way. And that continued into the start of the Houston series. However when Paul came back they reverted and just looked like crap by comparison with everyone standing around deferring to Paul.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#2945 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:18 pm

We'll find out starting now and over the next 12-months how good an owner Steve Ballmer is. He's either going to figure this out and make some smart moves and the Clips might take one step back and two forward. Or he'll be a egotistical computer nerd like Ranadive and mess things up.

Clips did take a big blow though losing DAJ and Matt Barnes.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#2946 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:34 pm

mattg wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Jordan must really not like something at the Clippers to turn down more money as well as walk away from two top 10 players.

I think he's overrated anyway and he goes to one of the more overrated teams in the west so it's an ideal fit for me.

I think there's a lot to the whole not liking cp3 thing. I mean Paul is a great player, but there's certain things about him that can be somewhat toxic. He's undoubtedly a massive control freak on the court, that's obvious by his style of play, his insistence on being the sole decision maker. And that overly conservative, methodical approach has cost his teams in big moments on a number of occasions. He's also been majorly hesitant in letting the clips offense run through griffin even when it's been successful. Paul also came in with an attitude like "follow me, do exactly what i say, and we will win" but he came across as a taskmaster or someone who acted superior to his teammates because they were young and unproven. To be fair I think teams need a leader who can organize and bark at guys so the team can perform as one unit, but I think Paul's approach has worn thin. He's never really accomplished anything in terms of team success in his career so his insistence on doing things his way has probably gotten old. Especially considering that somehow cp3 has consistently avoided criticism for his team's failures, it's never his fault, there's always some excuse. It's either jordan can't shoot FTs, Blake isn't a great defender, wing players missed shots, etc. Paul isn't really the guy stepping up and taking blame and has at times been critical of teammates at questionable times.

At a certain point it's just like, well we haven't been able to win with the approach we're taking, and Paul isn't going to change, so time to move on, we aren't going to accomplish anything beyond what we have already.

Personally, I thought during the first round series vs SA that the clips had a chance to reinvent themselves when they started primarily running the offense through griffin, they were much more dynamic and less stagnant than when they were instead merely spamming high PnR with Paul. They looked like legitimate contenders playing that way. And that continued into the start of the Houston series. However when Paul came back they reverted and just looked like crap by comparison with everyone standing around deferring to Paul.

Its a very good assessment. But the Clippers were a worse rebounding team with DJ in the game, he was entirely worthless from outside the restricted area, and 96% of his points have been assisted. Mostly from CP PnRs. Who is running PnRs with him on Dallas? Dirk? He didn't like getting yelled at and left. Thats just a bad way to make decisions. He is a guy that needed to take the gold this year because without CP3 tossing lobs up there for him he really doesn't threaten defenses at all and he isn't a good defender.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#2947 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:36 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:Who is running PnRs with him on Dallas?

Pretty much the same guys who have made Tyson Chandler and Brandan Wright look like competent offensive weapons.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#2948 » by mattg » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:04 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
Its a very good assessment. But the Clippers were a worse rebounding team with DJ in the game, he was entirely worthless from outside the restricted area, and 96% of his points have been assisted. Mostly from CP PnRs. Who is running PnRs with him on Dallas? Dirk? He didn't like getting yelled at and left. Thats just a bad way to make decisions. He is a guy that needed to take the gold this year because without CP3 tossing lobs up there for him he really doesn't threaten defenses at all and he isn't a good defender.

The rebounding thing I think is a conscious switch in style. When DJ was in the game then everyone else would leak out and run the court, when he wasn't in then the team made a concerted effort to crash the glass as a team.

The assisted thing to me is a good thing, jordan is a finisher not a creator, and that shows he's staying in that role. He's arguably the greatest lob finisher/dump off guy in the history of the game of basketball, the level of efficiency he brings on those types of plays is absurd and it's something that teams HAVE to account for. In many regards, jordan is a great offensive center which many people don't see because what he does is not what people traditionally think of for great offensive players, but his effectiveness is insane. Totally disagree with him not threatening defenses without cp3 tossing lobs, if a team doesn't account for him they get dunked on, it's that simple. And opponents absolutely cannot repeatedly concede that option in favor of taking away the primary scorer because of his efficacy.

As for who throws him lobs? Literally anyone? Just throw it within 3 feet of the rim and you're good. Jordan scores plenty off non PnR slashes/duck ins/dump offs/putbacks.

Now I don't claim to know everything about the guy, and he could legitimately be delusional about his scoring ability and think he deserves ISO post touches like Dwight did when he left Orlando. But maybe Dallas sold him on a style similar to 2009 Orlando, spreading the court around his finishing ability where he could average more PPG and get more recognition but still playing to his strengths.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#2949 » by WiscoKing13 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:19 pm

Man if Hammond doesn't give Zaza or OJ a 3rd year we could of been on Rondo.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#2950 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:21 pm

Rondo to the Kings. Ugh.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#2951 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:22 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Man if Hammond doesn't give Zaza or OJ a 3rd year we could of been on Rondo.

Thank god for those third years then.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#2952 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:22 pm

4/$25 for Beverly. Yeah, I'd have given him that easily.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,053

Post#2953 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:23 pm

Kings are going to be so amazingly bad.
Gore_21
Junior
And1: 20

Post#2954 » by Gore_21 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:23 pm

engelmartin wrote:How terrible is nene's deal? I'd flip mayo and bayless for him. It'd be nice to have another bruiser inside in case we run into the bulls again.

1 year 13 mil left.... at his age and that price I don't think he's right for us but I'd take him and 2 mil more vs 8 mil for mayo and 3 for Bayless. Maybe not??? Doesn't matter though the wizards are looking to free up cap not take up the same amount.
Formerly Bucks_22
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#2955 » by H2tObes » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:46 pm

What are the Kings even trying to do? That team has a ceiling of like 10th in the West and a floor of an atomic war in the organization. Such a joke of a franchise right now
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#2956 » by 4xBuck » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Kings are going to be so amazingly bad.

They could be amazingly interesting, not amazingly bad... unless they implode

Their starting lineup could actually be very good.
bstrassburg
Bench Warmer
And1: 50

Post#2957 » by bstrassburg » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:49 pm

With all the talks about the Bucks abandoing the slow rebuild, can we at least agree that looking at the Kings track record being a lottery team 7 years in a row doesn't always work out as well as you'd like. They only have McLemore and Cousins to show for it. Granted there were a lot of bad personnel moves along the way but in an alternate universe that could easily be us.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#2958 » by H2tObes » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:51 pm

Kings shouldve just tried to tank really hard for a couple seasons with DMC. They did the Herb Kohl strategy and tried to surround DMC with mediocre talent and it has them in a super bad situation. They have seemed to not learn
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#2959 » by 4xBuck » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:03 am

When you have Cousins and Gay at Forward and McLemore emerges, I could see them thinking they're close to something really good.

On Gay, he's not that mess we saw in Toronto. He's been very good in Sac town.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#2960 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:06 am

The Kings have made some embarrassing moves in relation to draft picks but their roster right now isn't as terrible as everyone's saying.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks