Woj: Monroe will sign 3 year $50M deal with the Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Woj: Monroe will sign 3 year $50M deal with the Bucks 

Post#1021 » by Ruzious » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:47 pm

If the Bucks run the offense through Monroe, I want him on my fantasy team. He's helped a ton in that regard because Georgetown ran its version of the Princeton offense through him - and he really developed his passing skills well there. How MCW fits in is probably the biggest question. He's going to have to drastically improve his 3 point shooting. Hmm, didn't Jason Kidd do that early in his NBA career?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Jay-Are
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#1022 » by Jay-Are » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I can't even take this thread seriously, the amount of hate on MCW is ridiculous, kid becomes even mediocre in shooting (which according to NBA players including our hall of fame coach) is the easiest to improve, he becomes a top 10 PG easily and has a good chance at a double double nightly. With his size, a possible triple double. His size and defense alone makes him valuable not to mention he's what 23? Calm down good lord

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1023 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:49 pm

RealBucksFan wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/623882644124758016[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/623875926212911104[/tweet]

I like this, spacing comes from the outside in.. Those zaza short range jumpers isn't spacing the floor. Now if we had a guard who could shoot 3s :D
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1024 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Jay-Are wrote:I can't even take this thread seriously, the amount of hate on MCW is ridiculous, kid becomes even mediocre in shooting (which according to NBA players including our hall of fame coach) is the easiest to improve, he becomes a top 10 PG easily and has a good chance at a double double nightly. With his size, a possible triple double. His size and defense alone makes him valuable not to mention he's what 23? Calm down good lord

than he needs to learn how to run an offense after that :D
Jay-Are
Ballboy

Post#1025 » by Jay-Are » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:56 pm

He was in the offense for what 30 games? Takes time, there was alot of moving pieces. I'm sure u weren't excellent at your job in 30 days either

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1026 » by No-Man » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:07 am

H2tObes wrote:He doesnt play exactly like Zaza who does a lot more dirty work than someone like Monroe, but they are the same size and operate on offense similarly. We can run the offense through Monroe the same way we would do with Zaza. They can be used similarly. Monroe will be identical on defense to what Zaza did for us last year

Zaza motor kills Monroe, on both ends, the problem with Greg is that he just plays without effort most of the time.
He will still get numbers and he is a quality player, but not one to focus your offense on.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1027 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Fischella wrote:
H2tObes wrote:He doesnt play exactly like Zaza who does a lot more dirty work than someone like Monroe, but they are the same size and operate on offense similarly. We can run the offense through Monroe the same way we would do with Zaza. They can be used similarly. Monroe will be identical on defense to what Zaza did for us last year

Zaza motor kills Monroe, on both ends, the problem with Greg is that he just plays without effort most of the time.
He will still get numbers and he is a quality player, but not one to focus your offense on.

Well... Monroe is so much more fluid in his movements than Zaza is. Zaza gets everything out of his limited ability, but he's not the player that Monroe is. With the lack of quality bigs in the NBA and the focus on him - Monroe should have his biggest year.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Post#1028 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:12 pm

How many of those mid range jumpers did Zaza actually make? I recall him being wide open most of the time and still missing 70% of the time.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#1029 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Money from 10-16, pretty **** from beyond.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#1030 » by breakchains » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Zaza's "respectable midrange game" was a canard - all of his looks were wide open and he still barely hit them at a respectable percentage. It's one thing if those shots are contested and you hit that percentage but if defenses completely sag off you and you're just an averageish shooter, you aren't adding anything to the offense.

Personally, I'm very happy I don't have to watch that ball get released as he's touching the ground as it line drives into the front of the rim five times a game.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#1031 » by drew881 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Milbuck wrote:This guy is going to be a BEAST under Kidd.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2UlKK6w8jE[/youtube]

Man would his game be good if he could consistently hit that face up jumper @ 50 sec in that clip against the Lakers.
Jay-Are
Ballboy

Post#1032 » by Jay-Are » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:12 pm

drew881 wrote:
Milbuck wrote:This guy is going to be a BEAST under Kidd.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2UlKK6w8jE[/youtube]

Man would his game be good if he could consistently hit that face up jumper @ 50 sec in that clip against the Lakers.

I'm ready to start the mooooooose chants, I hope people catch on to it.

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#1033 » by crkone » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:46 pm

92.5% of Zaza shots from 10-14 feet (where he shot 49.5%) were assisted. 15-19 feet where he shot 35.5% were assisted on 90.7% of the time. 50% and 56.3% of the time Monroe was assisted (10-14 and 15-19, respectively) on 31.6% and 36.4% shooting. On all jump shots last season, Zaza made them on a 38.3% clip and was assisted 90.5% of the time. Monroe made them 25% of the time and was assisted 46.2% of the time.

If Monroe can get back to 41.3% shooting from 10-14 feet like two seasons ago, it'll be interesting. I wonder how he'll do when he gets the ball at the FT line like Zaza did and has a wide open shot, or a tiny window to drive to the hoop.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#1034 » by H2tObes » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Fischella wrote:

Zaza needs a crazy motor or else he wouldnt be in the NBA. Greg is just better. Never said to focus the offense on him 100%, but we can get a ton of easy baskets using his passing exactly like we used Zaza's
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,432

Post#1035 » by Rendei » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Fischella wrote:

Zaza has also had to recover from a torn achilles and a broken foot. And as a result his "great motor" has accounted for less rebounds per game and per 36 than Monroe has gotten, despite playing a more favorable position.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#1036 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:39 pm

I thought all zaza shots were bad ones he just happened to hit 3-4 of those every night. Zaza and ersan killed this offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#1037 » by raferfenix » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Monroe wants to win and also has two years to show he is worth a ballooning-salary-cap era max contract.

I think he could easily break out for us -- especially considering how desperately we need post scoring and rebounding in particular.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#1038 » by Prince12 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:26 pm

I know there was some people not overly thrilled about Monroe but I'm still kind of shocked we are comparing who is better out of him and Zaza.
Zaza was a solid backup but I literally spent almost every game tearing my hair out with frustration with that guy. He gave 100% effort and I respect that but he really wasn't very good. Monroe will be an upgrade.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
RealBucksFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#1039 » by RealBucksFan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Prince12 wrote:I know there was some people not overly thrilled about Monroe but I'm still kind of shocked we are comparing who is better out of him and Zaza.
Zaza was a solid backup but I literally spent almost every game tearing my hair out with frustration with that guy. He gave 100% effort and I respect that but he really wasn't very good. Monroe will be an upgrade.

Yeah, Monroe is just so much more talented than Zaza that he could be a considerable upgrade by the end of the season.

And, while Zaza is celebrated for his great advanced stats, Monroe looks nice by the same measures. He was top-10 among centers in both RPM and WAR last season despite playing out of position. The Bucks basically maxed out Zaza's effectiveness last season. If Monroe can be better used by Milwaukee than he was by Detroit, he could have a similarly excellent effect on the team.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1040 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:I thought all zaza shots were bad ones he just happened to hit 3-4 of those every night. Zaza and ersan killed this offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't Zaza the worst starting C in the league with FG% in the paint/

Return to Milwaukee Bucks