Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Re: Trade targets 

Post#41 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:29 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
I am so excited to see Inglis play, but expecting him to be a 3 & D on day one might be expecting a little too much...But we'll see what happens.

I dont think expecting Inglis to be better than Teletovic and Rudez is too lofty really, considering neither plays any D

Better player maybe, but better shooter, very unlikely. Can't wait either way.

I'd be fine with 34%, those other guys can literally do nothing but shoot perimeter jumpers, they can't even do this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtylQ_oIk6w&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

:wink:
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#42 » by bdpecore » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:27 pm

Josh McRoberts would be a good target. Miami is looking for some salary relief so the asking price might be minimal. Send them Ennis or Plumlee and a 2nd rounder.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#43 » by Chapter29 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:37 pm

1. Not a Cousins fan. No thanks.
2. Worst pairing possible with Monroe (ok perhaps Drummond is). No thanks.
3. Giving up Parker? Um hells no.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#44 » by Dcebucks11 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:57 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
I dont think expecting Inglis to be better than Teletovic and Rudez is too lofty really, considering neither plays any D

I'd be fine with 34%, those other guys can literally do nothing but shoot perimeter jumpers, they can't even do this

dribble?
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#45 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:07 pm

Spoiler:

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#46 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:08 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

dribble?

Ooze talent :wink:

Spoiler:

imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#47 » by imithanos » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:28 pm

Zaza or Bayless+Plumlee for Bjelica.
bigbucksfan1234
Senior
And1: 187

Post#48 » by bigbucksfan1234 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:36 pm

What do you guys think about trading for Marcus Morris
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: 

Post#49 » by Bernman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:49 pm

Right now I'm on:

#GetSmart...Marcus Smart for Michael Carter-Williams and John Henson

#RossIsUndercoverBoss...Terrence Ross + Patrick Patterson for cap space + 2nd rounder

#HoldTheMayo...Brendan Haywood contract for O.J. Mayo + 2nd rounder

#BrothersReunited...Cap space for Miles Plumlee and Jerryd Bayless

#Closure...Sign Michael "The Terminator" Eric and Ray "Mothereffing" Allen

5 Monroe..Zaza..Eric
4 Giannis..Patterson
3 Parker..Ross..Inglis
2 Middleton..Allen..Vaughn
1 Smart..Vasquez..Marshall..Ennis

imithanos wrote:Zaza or Bayless+Plumlee for Bjelica.

lol That's optimistic to say the least.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#50 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:05 pm

Zaza, Ennis, & Plumlee to Denver for Danilo Gallinari & Joffrey Lauvergne. Danilo becomes our stretch 4/3 off the bench. Zaza can teach Nurkic how to head butt. Lauvergne adds energetic depth, upgrade to Plumlee. Maybe Ennis finds paying time in Denver once they move Lawson. Sign Kuzmic, complete summer.

MCW, GV, Bayless
Middleton, Mayo, Vaughn
Giannis, Inglis
Jabari, Gallinari, Lauvergne, O'Bryant
Monroe, Henson, Kuzmic
braindazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#51 » by braindazer » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:26 pm

No to Smart and I'm glad Rondo signed so I don't have to hear about him anymore till next year.I'm not overwhelmed with MCW but there is no way in hell I would give Henson up for Smart
it's always funny............... TILL I GET HURT!!!!
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Re: Re: 

Post#52 » by 165bows » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:30 pm

Bernman wrote:Right now I'm on:

No way they move Smart for that IMO, but what is the status with Henson? Is he on the block with the Monroe signing? Doesn't seem like a great fit with both guys on the roster as far as I can tell.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#53 » by Bernman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:35 pm

I don't know how else to sugarcoat it - it's (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to not want to give up Henson for Smart.

Henson was the 14th pick in a draft a few years ago, and has played like it since. Backup on a playoff team. Now he's in line to get paid in a year.

Smart was the 6th pick in an outstanding draft last year, and has played like it or slightly above that level. Decent starter as a rook on a playoff team. He's not in line to get paid for a few more years.

Gee, tough choice.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,909

Post#54 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:38 pm

If Boston wanted MCW/Henson/1st for Smart would you do it? I think that's more in line with what they might be looking for if they were inclined to move him.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#55 » by Bernman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:42 pm

165bows wrote:

No way they move Smart for that IMO, but what is the status with Henson? Is he on the block with the Monroe signing? Doesn't seem like a great fit with both guys on the roster as far as I can tell.

Well, my original proposal had you getting an unprotected '16 1st too. But I drew a lot of flack for it here. That's about the highest I'd go, but of course try to bargain for something better like Henson/MCW.

I feel like Smart is a better fit for this team and prospect because his jumper actually has a pulse, he's lowish usage, and as a bonus can defend even better. So that's why I'm especially motivated to acquire him. And of course there have been multiple rumors the Celts are open to trading him.

As far as Henson goes, there have only been flimsy rumors here and there the Bucks would be interested in trading him. It's tough to say their position. But I want him traded for value with his impending fa, the lack of spacing he provides, physical softness, inconsistency, and now that he'll surely be relegated to 2nd string. Unless he plays pf initially, which is going to create the same problem as Monroe/Drummond, so that'd be worse.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#56 » by 165bows » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:46 pm

Bernman wrote:
165bows wrote:

Well, my original proposal had you getting an unprotected '16 1st too. But I drew a lot of flack for it here. That's about the highest I'd go, but of course try to bargain for something better like Henson/MCW.

I feel like Smart is a better fit for this team and prospect because his jumper actually has a pulse, he's lowish usage, and as a bonus can defend even better. So that's why I'm especially motivated to acquire him. And of course there have been multiple rumors the Celts are open to trading him.

As far as Henson goes, there have only been flimsy rumors here and there the Bucks would be interested in trading him. It's tough to say their position. But I want him traded for value with his impending fa, the lack of spacing he provides, physical softness, inconsistency, and now that he'll surely be relegated to 2nd string. Unless he plays pf initially, which is going to create the same problem as Monroe/Drummond, so that'd be worse.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. I don't think they want to move Smart, I'd only imagine he gets moved for a real headliner. Boston is in a little bit of the same scenario in that regard of having a lot of decent young players that overlap and need time to develop, while also having their contract clock ticking a bit. Was thinking of Henson as a piece in a potential three team trade, Boston has too many similar age/talent level guys in their front court already (even though of other skill sets lol).
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,909

Post#57 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:50 pm

Yeah, I don't really see any incentive for them to move Smart for a MCW/Henson package. What would be the point of that for them? He showed enough last year to warrant a longer look.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#58 » by Bernman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:53 pm

165bows wrote:Interesting, thanks for the reply. I don't think they want to move Smart, I'd only imagine he gets moved for a real headliner. Boston is in a little bit of the same scenario in that regard of having a lot of decent young players that overlap and need time to develop, while also having their contract clock ticking a bit. Was thinking of Henson as a piece in a potential three team trade, Boston has too many similar age/talent level guys in their front court already (even though of other skill sets lol).

3-team trade, huh? Challenge accepted.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#59 » by breakchains » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:07 pm

A Smart for MCW/Henson deal makes sense to me and I don't think it's far fetched in terms of value on either side. I would do it for the Bucks.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#60 » by Bernman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:21 pm

165bows wrote:Interesting, thanks for the reply. I don't think they want to move Smart, I'd only imagine he gets moved for a real headliner. Boston is in a little bit of the same scenario in that regard of having a lot of decent young players that overlap and need time to develop, while also having their contract clock ticking a bit. Was thinking of Henson as a piece in a potential three team trade, Boston has too many similar age/talent level guys in their front court already (even though of other skill sets lol).

What about if you got Harrison Barnes, David Lee, top 3 protected '16 1st from Bucks instead?

Then you could give out Smart to us.

GS gets MCW and Henson. They have the shooting to support them, and they save a lot of money this way. Have the highest payroll in the NBA, until the Cavs explode that #. Are trying to dump Lee, and it's not happening without giving up something. They could afford to lose Barnes with Iggy reemerging. Bucks could take on Livingston or Speights if they are redundant or they still have too much salary.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks