ImageImage

Hammond out as GM? Begel is the new Woelfel

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Re: Hammond out as GM? Begel is the new Woelfel 

Post#361 » by Sherman Douglas » Mon Jul 6, 2015 9:09 pm

I'm taking the "where there's smoke there's fire" stance. I doubt it will happen soon, but eventually Kidd is gonna get POBO.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,163

Post#362 » by JEIS » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:01 pm

They asked them about it in the presser.. if you didn't see you should watch it... it was pretty damn awkward.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,942

Post#363 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:09 pm

JEIS wrote:They asked them about it in the presser.. if you didn't see you should watch it... it was pretty damn awkward.

Where can it be seen?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,499

Post#364 » by Bernman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:30 pm

craig wrote:Not sure how this jives with the report of Kidd pushing the draft selection. The win-now coach is driving the draft to select a younger player from smaller conference who's probably less ready now? Not sure Vaughn really fits the story. Either Vaughn's perceived by Kidd as being better and more ready-now than was the general board perception on draft night. Or else perhaps the draft wasn't really pushed in a particularly Nowacrat-over-Buildican direction.

The story is we thought we could get one of the many quality 5's in fa (which we we ultimately did), and we also reported "shooting" as our other need, so we took among the best pure shooters of a very small group left, the best option ajudged to be Vaughn by Hammond, who Kidd would be more willing to sign off on because of the Schwartz relationship. The only other real option at the time for a pure shooter was R.J. Hunter, who was from a much smaller conference even, and blew just about every time he tried to step up in competition. So Vaughn it was. Kidd heavily steered that pick one way or another.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#365 » by breakchains » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:42 pm

craig wrote:
break chains wrote:.....Coaches tend to think extremely short sighted with a hard focus on the now. ....

Not sure how this jives with the report of Kidd pushing the draft selection. The win-now coach is driving the draft to select a younger player from smaller conference who's probably less ready now? Not sure Vaughn really fits the story. Either Vaughn's perceived by Kidd as being better and more ready-now than was the general board perception on draft night. Or else perhaps the draft wasn't really pushed in a particularly Nowacrat-over-Buildican direction.

I suspect it was more like: "we need shooting, who are the top shooters in the draft" and then choose from them.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,163

Post#366 » by JEIS » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:49 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
JEIS wrote:They asked them about it in the presser.. if you didn't see you should watch it... it was pretty damn awkward.

Where can it be seen?

They had the live feed, I thought they would have had it up on the video portion on the Bucks site.... basically someone asked about the news that came out yesterday, and kid looked at John to go first... John basically seemed to give kidd a ton of credit for the decision making, great coaching,gave him credit for them going to madison, said there is no rift but it was pretty weird ... he seemed super nervous... it almost seemed like he was preparing for an exit, or kidd was already his boss. So over the top ass kissing.... kidd went on to say he is still learning as a coach, and learning a lot from john and his people.... but it did sound like kidd will be the future. Kidd did try to say something to the effect of it being false rumors... It wasn't really like a great chemistry.. but John did refer to the bucks as us and we, like he is a part of it still. It was funny too John slipped up and said Monroe's name on accident... Kidd kinda cringed laughed.
braindazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#367 » by braindazer » Tue Jul 7, 2015 12:11 am

John always seems nervous to me when he talks so I didn't put to much in the way he comes off when he speaks . Hopefully John and Jason can work together for years to come . I would hate to lose John's eye for talent .
it's always funny............... TILL I GET HURT!!!!
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,942

Post#368 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Jul 7, 2015 12:19 am

JEIS wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Where can it be seen?

They had the live feed, I thought they would have had it up on the video portion on the Bucks site.... basically someone asked about the news that came out yesterday, and kid looked at John to go first... John basically seemed to give kidd a ton of credit for the decision making, great coaching,gave him credit for them going to madison, said there is no rift but it was pretty weird ... he seemed super nervous... it almost seemed like he was preparing for an exit, or kidd was already his boss. So over the top ass kissing.... kidd went on to say he is still learning as a coach, and learning a lot from john and his people.... but it did sound like kidd will be the future. Kidd did try to say something to the effect of it being false rumors... It wasn't really like a great chemistry.. but John did refer to the bucks as us and we, like he is a part of it still. It was funny too John slipped up and said Monroe's name on accident... Kidd kinda cringed laughed.

Searching for video yielded the introduction w/ John McGlocklin & John Hammond [briefly] speaking. from Madison.com's !YT page but nothing else. So I viewed that, then found Gardner's story on the presser from the JS website: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/311818061.html?page=1.

I inferred the same thing from their language re: the dynamic going on. Kidd seemed to be saying that John has been great at accepting the plan that he wants to implement and making the moves Jason has decided on. Even Hammond essentially said the same thing:
John Hammond wrote:"He did a great job putting that team together and making them want to compete every night."

The cringing from Jason and wry smiles from Hammond have seemed reoccurring whenever they have exchanges in public media.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,728

Post#369 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:03 am

Which team do we want Hammonds to be the next GM of? I'm hoping the Wolves.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Hammond out as GM? Begel is the new Woelfel 

Post#370 » by Buck Dweller » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:11 am

AussieBuck wrote:Which team do we want Hammonds to be the next GM of? I'm hoping the Wolves.

The Bucks
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,498

Post#371 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:39 am

We'll open this up should a change be made
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks