ImageImage

Poll: What type of player does Damien Inglis become?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

What type of career will Damien Inglis have in the NBA?

He'll be out of the NBA in a year or two and playing overseas
9%
"Moute" type career where he plays good role in the 7-10th man slot for 4-5yrs
56%
"Diaw" type 10-year NBA career where he could start for 50% of teams in the league
30%
French version of LeBron
6%

Total votes: 70

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Re: Poll: What type of player does Damien Inglis become? 

Post#21 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:40 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote: I think we are underrating LRMAM.

I don't know how we can say a long term rotational player is the worst case scenario for a guy who hasn't shown anything yet.

Re-quoting your post again as I see 93% of those voting believe that Inglis will be at least as good as Moute.

39% think he'll be as good as Diaw or better.

I'll admit, I'm having a hard time seeing the percentages and levels of success being so high for this guy right now.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#22 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:43 pm

I've been impressed with his defensive instincts, particularly his hands. He doesn't seem to mind getting physical & definitely has an awareness of when to keep the ball swinging. Seems a little slow footed & at age 20 that doesn't bode well.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#23 » by breakchains » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:59 pm

The pros:
Good feel for the game
Creative and versatile
Good frame
Lower body mass projects well for a post game, and he has shown flashes of one
Quick and active hands

The cons:
Lead feet/slow/minus athlete
Shot needs lots of work

I'm usually pretty quick to project guys but I can't yet with Inglis. Really have no idea what he may be. Will need to see more, as he looked so unhealthy in Summer League that I think he still needs a good year of strength, conditioning, and basketball for me to get a better sense. At times he has shown some really nifty stuff that matches with his pre-draft profile. At other times, he looks like he can barely accelerate, even as he is holding the pedal to the floor. Taking a wait and see on him, but there are signs there and you do see flashes of Diaw. I doubt he ultimately becomes Diaw (who is one of the most underrated players in the league) but we'll see.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#24 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:14 pm

breakchains wrote:The pros:
Good feel for the game
Creative and versatile
Good frame
Lower body mass projects well for a post game, and he has shown flashes of one
Quick and active hands

The cons:
Lead feet/slow/minus athlete
Shot needs lots of work

I'm usually pretty quick to project guys but I can't yet with Inglis. Really have no idea what he may be. Will need to see more, as he looked so unhealthy in Summer League that I think he still needs a good year of strength, conditioning, and basketball for me to get a better sense. At times he has shown some really nifty stuff that matches with his pre-draft profile. At other times, he looks like he can barely accelerate, even as he is holding the pedal to the floor. Taking a wait and see on him, but there are signs there and you do see flashes of Diaw. I doubt he ultimately becomes Diaw (who is one of the most underrated players in the league) but we'll see.

I don't think he is ever going to have a pretty shot, but he actually seems pretty effective with the touch on his shot.

If people think he is Moute type, we got a steal. Even if he is not as good on defense, his feel for the game will make him an effective player. That feel for the game is probably the biggest difference between Moute and Diaw now that I think about it.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#25 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:42 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I really don't know. Not counting potential injuries, I'd say Moute is worst case & Diaw is best case. Right now I'm hoping for the best. We'll know more as the season progresses. I think he'll easily fill the Dudley role this year.

So the worst case scenario is a guy who starts over 300 of 401 games in the first seven years of his career? I think we are underrating LRMAM. He may have just started for bad teams but he is at least a top 8 rotational player his whole career. Not the 7-10 guy listed above.

I don't know how we can say a long term rotational player is the worst case scenario for a guy who hasn't shown anything yet.

Moute had an excellent rookie year for us, and absolutely phenomenal sophomore season for us. He had an ok year his third season and was absolute garbage after that for us and everyone else. Maybe he would have been better for us longer if in year 3 he didn't get pissed at us for bringing in Gooden and Maggette and playing them big minutes over Moute and Ersan who outplayed them in training camp and practice.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#26 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:27 am

Unless my eyes deceived me or he stayed in the locker room it didn't appear Damien Inglis even made the trip to Madison. Anyone know whats up?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#27 » by AussieBuck » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:52 am

Sick
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks