ImageImage

Jabari Out With a Foot Sprain (playing in CLE pg 14)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Re: Jabari Out With a Foot Sprain... gulp. 

Post#241 » by Jez2983 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Let's look closely at the Gardner piece:

Parker felt discomfort in his right foot, and an MRI exam done Monday revealed a sprain of the talonavicular joint, located above the ankle.

The Bucks announced Monday night that more tests would be done and a timetable for his return would be determined at a later date. Parker is not on the current trip that opens with a game against the Washington Wizards on Tuesday night.

1. Super props for the Bucks for immediately disclosing what they found with the exact name of the diagnosis. That does allow a professional like Jez to offer that this could be a longer situation.

2. More tests and timetable? If this is a run of the mill foot sprain, he's probably traveling with the team.

Some of the language is encouraging-felt discomfort? Does this mean he didn't roll his ankle?

Kidds language is also encouraging. Unless he's busting out the Skiles/Bogut tough love routine.

The other difference between this and Bogut, for example, is that there has been a lot more certainty, and it's not come from the heady environment of post-game locker rooms.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#242 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:20 pm

I'm going to panic every time I see the word navicular, will stop breathing into the bag when he's suited up again.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#243 » by humanrefutation » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:46 pm

AussieBuck wrote:I'm going to panic every time I see the word navicular, will stop breathing into the bag when he's suited up again.

I thought this was Jez for a second and I panicked.

You and Jez need to decide which one of you Aussies is going to keep that Giannis gif avatar, because it's super confusing that I see you both posting back-to-back.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#244 » by Jez2983 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:47 pm

AussieBuck wrote:I'm going to panic every time I see the word navicular, will stop breathing into the bag when he's suited up again.

Provided it's not accompanied by 'stress reaction' 'hot spot' 'break' or 'fracture' you're pretty sweet.

Or the name Jack Trengrove.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#245 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:48 pm

humanrefutation wrote:

You and Jez need to decide which one of you Aussies is going to keep that Giannis gif avatar, because it's super confusing that I see you both posting back-to-back.

I should do something for the medical related posts.

*THIS IS NOT JEZ
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#246 » by Jez2983 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:48 pm

humanrefutation wrote:

Nah it adds to the fun. He's more arguey than me which amuses me.

Jez2983
RealGM

Post#247 » by Jez2983 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:50 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I should do something for the medical related posts.

*THIS IS NOT JEZ

Either I should change to BuckAussie or you to Jez8329. Much hilarity to be had.

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,735

Post#248 » by emunney » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Wait so the foot is above the ankle? This is worse than I could have imagined.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#249 » by skones » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:04 pm

WHY IS JEZ TALKING TO HIMSELF

Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#250 » by Shaffty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:33 pm

I imagine jabari at home, foot up RICEing waiting for the game to start reading this thread and laughing until he cries
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#251 » by El Duderino » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:37 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:11/6 18 min
11/7 24 min
11/10 24 min
11/11 0 min
11/14 30 min

Yup, it was the extra six minutes of play after a 4 day rest that caused this injury.

Besides that, for all we know, Parker could be going at it as hard in practice as in games.

As much as i wanted the team to be extra careful with him, i can't fathom that anyone from the coaching staff to the front office would let Jabari practice hard, much less play in games unless all doctors involved and the trainers gave the ok for him to play.

As medical advances have progressed for injuries to athletes, we see players coming back earlier and earlier in all sports without negative ramifications.

For these pro franchises, they understand just how valuable upper tier players are to their franchises, especially big potential young players. So i have a hard time believing that Kidd, the front office, and ownership would have put Parker out on the court unless the doctors gave assurances that it was ok to do so.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#252 » by humanrefutation » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Shaffty wrote:I imagine jabari at home, foot up RICEing waiting for the game to start reading this thread and laughing until he cries

He better not laugh too hard - he might throw out his back or something.
Superfito
Senior
And1: 82

Post#253 » by Superfito » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:38 pm

El Duderino wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:11/6 18 min
11/7 24 min
11/10 24 min
11/11 0 min
11/14 30 min

Yup, it was the extra six minutes of play after a 4 day rest that caused this injury.

Besides that, for all we know, Parker could be going at it as hard in practice as in games.

As much as i wanted the team to be extra careful with him, i can't fathom that anyone from the coaching staff to the front office would let Jabari practice hard, much less play in games unless all doctors involved and the trainers gave the ok for him to play.

As medical advances have progressed for injuries to athletes, we see players coming back earlier and earlier in all sports without negative ramifications.

For these pro franchises, they understand just how valuable upper tier players are to their franchises, especially big potential young players. So i have a hard time believing that Kidd, the front office, and ownership would have put Parker out on the court unless the doctors gave assurances that it was ok to do so.

Not to mention Jabari and his management. No way Jabari is on the court unless a mutual decision is made by medical, bucks and Jabari.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#254 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:47 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/666761322269421569[/tweet]

I like how he abbreviated MRI but not CT.

Side note: CT scans with iodine contrast are freaky.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,033

Post#255 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:53 pm

trwi7 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/666761322269421569[/tweet]

I like how he abbreviated MRI but not CT.

Side note: CT scans with iodine contrast are freaky.

He wanted to sound smarter by using the full names, but with 140 characters had to go with one abbreviation over the other. It just makes him seem like he has less of a clue than ever.
Circling calendars since 2021
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,811

Post#256 » by Prez » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:04 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/666762112627253248[/tweet]

Very encouraging stuff coming out past hour or so. Keep him out an extra week-10 days past whenever he is cleared to return.
GOBsaysCOMEON
Junior
And1: 154

Post#257 » by GOBsaysCOMEON » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:04 am

This is my fault. I'm in the Twin Cities and only get to go to Bucks games at the Bradley Center on the rare occasions I'm back in the Milwaukee area to visit family. Last year, my wife and I splurged on courtside seats to the December 27 game against Atlanta, as we were around for Christmas. We bought those tickets just before the ACL tear. Fast forward almost one year and we bought courtside seats again. This time against Sacramento next Wednesday because we're in the Milwaukee area for Thanksgiving. Literally the next day, Jabari gets hurt again. I'm a curse.
Once, when asked if he was concerned about his former coach Nate McMillan commenting that he has a selfish attitude, Jerome James replied, "I don't even know what he's talking about, I just worry about Jerome."
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: RE: Re: Jabari Out With a Foot Sprain... gulp. 

Post#258 » by humanrefutation » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:09 am

GOBsaysCOMEON wrote:This is my fault. I'm in the Twin Cities and only get to go to Bucks games at the Bradley Center on the rare occasions I'm back in the Milwaukee area to visit family. Last year, my wife and I splurged on courtside seats to the December 27 game against Atlanta, as we were around for Christmas. We bought those tickets just before the ACL tear. Fast forward almost one year and we bought courtside seats again. This time against Sacramento next Wednesday because we're in the Milwaukee area for Thanksgiving. Literally the next day, Jabari gets hurt again. I'm a curse.

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#259 » by crkone » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:48 am

Oops

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Post#260 » by HKPackFan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:07 am

I blame Suki!

#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks