lebran jame
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: PG: Bucks destroy Pistons.... THE SKY IS NOT FALLING 

Post#122 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:41 am

AussieBuck wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:You guys really need your own separate RealCheerleader forum. Falling for every **** player the Bucks recruit and abusing anyone who disagrees doesn't make you a better fan.

It's ironic because that comment swings both way AB, and I'd argue the "fanboys" aren't the ones that routinely criticize the basketball intellect of the "realists". You and Baddy are routinely the most obnoxious and insulting of the posters when it comes to disagreements.

But that is what keeps this place hopping, having people with different opinions.

Only ever returning fire. I mean you guys are constantly wrong, realists get abused every offseason for pointing out that various recruits suck, the season rolls on, the players suck but there's never any acknowledgement by the optimist crowd. Then we get a new batch of **** players and the pattern repeats. Gets annoying after a few years.

Half the time, I think optimist and waiting to see things played out are really what we are talking about. I've been pro Knight and I've been pro MCW and at no point did I ever think either was going to be Chris Paul but rather that our team can be successful with those guys in the right roles.

And trust me, the realist get every bit as annoying. The reality is that none of us wait long enough to see what works and what doesn't then when one of these guys has a good game, the optimist make a big deal because to rub it in the realist face just as when one of these guys has a **** game, the realist are the first to rub it in the face of the optimist.

I just personally think you two take it to another level of pessimism
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#123 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:15 am

It's not pessimism when it's accurate. 90%+ of the opinions I've had about Bucks players that the optimist crowd took shots at me for are accepted as entirely controversial within 18 months. You guys hold onto the fact I don't like a whole bunch of the moves the front office have made while not paying attention to the fact that the opinions were justified.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,789

Post#124 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:21 am

Ekpe Udoh and Ersan still suck though.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#125 » by randy84 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Ekpe Udoh and Ersan still suck though.

Don't disrespect Ekpe Udoh. He was the greatest boxout player I have ever seen.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#126 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:30 am

Ersan got old, Udoh was good until his knee went all LRMAM. Funny how much Luc and Udoh's careers finished in the same way. Gun defenders with no talent on the other end, knee tendinitis, turned into emos, wanted out of Milwaukee, disappeared completely.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#127 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:30 am

randy84 wrote:

Don't disrespect Ekpe Udoh. He was the greatest boxout player I have ever seen.

Yet surprisingly one of the worst rebounding players we've ever seen.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#128 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:33 am

Had awesome on/off defensive rebounding splits for the first two years of his career. Would have been the GOAT rebounder if he was born with hands. :D
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#129 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:47 am

Hell of a trade. Udoh is 28 and playing in Turkey.
Go Bucks!
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#130 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:53 am

Yeah but we got out of that Jackson contract Larry Harris saddled us with.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#131 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:03 am

And Livingston.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,666

Post#132 » by TroyD92 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:06 am

Livingston would be great on this team.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#133 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:43 am

AussieBuck wrote:It's not pessimism when it's accurate. 90%+ of the opinions I've had about Bucks players that the optimist crowd took shots at me for are accepted as entirely controversial within 18 months. You guys hold onto the fact I don't like a whole bunch of the moves the front office have made while not paying attention to the fact that the opinions were justified.

Obviously I don't track 100% of your opinions, nor Baddy. And it's not like I am spending time trying to talk you out of your opinions, I just think you two are about the most negative on this board. It wouldn't stop me from buying both of you guys a beer if we ever caught up at a game.

Overall, I feel like too many people expect guys to be flawless, when the reality is about 2% of NBA players really are...I just personally believe the right system and scheme put around guys matters most. I mean Curry and to an extent Harden can't really play defense but anyone out there would want them on their team. The Warriors and Rockets just put those guys in the absolutely perfect situation to maximize their talents and hide their flaws. I want more of that in Milwaukee.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#134 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:51 am

M-C-G wrote:The Warriors and Rockets just put those guys in the absolutely perfect situation to maximize their talents and hide their flaws. I want more of that in Milwaukee.

We do too, which is why we don't like seeing half these players on the Bucks :dontknow:. We got our couple shots at a Harden/Curry in Giannis/Parker and we're doing a pretty miserable job surrounding them with the type of players you're talking about.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#135 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:58 am

M-C-G wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:It's not pessimism when it's accurate. 90%+ of the opinions I've had about Bucks players that the optimist crowd took shots at me for are accepted as entirely controversial within 18 months. You guys hold onto the fact I don't like a whole bunch of the moves the front office have made while not paying attention to the fact that the opinions were justified.

Obviously I don't track 100% of your opinions, nor Baddy. And it's not like I am spending time trying to talk you out of your opinions, I just think you two are about the most negative on this board. It wouldn't stop me from buying both of you guys a beer if we ever caught up at a game.

Overall, I feel like too many people expect guys to be flawless, when the reality is about 2% of NBA players really are...I just personally believe the right system and scheme put around guys matters most. I mean Curry and to an extent Harden can't really play defense but anyone out there would want them on their team. The Warriors and Rockets just put those guys in the absolutely perfect situation to maximize their talents and hide their flaws. I want more of that in Milwaukee.

I'm a big fan of most of the roster. I've even tried my hardest to talk myself into Monroe, can't help that the Bucks love doing really dumb stuff. You get your core guys (Giannis, Jabari and Middleton) and then you surround them with role players who are the best combination of defense and spacing available. Once the Bucks start doing team building 101 like the good teams do, I'll get behind their moves.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#136 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:58 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
M-C-G wrote:The Warriors and Rockets just put those guys in the absolutely perfect situation to maximize their talents and hide their flaws. I want more of that in Milwaukee.

We do too, which is why we don't like seeing half these players on the Bucks :dontknow:.

So for guys like Monroe, MCW and previously Knight is it the coaching staff and the scheme that is to blame? I feel like we have enough versatile players to make line ups with those guys successful, but won't begrudge anyone that disagrees on that.

Knight, Monroe or MCW for instance playing for the Spurs would be studs in my opinion, because they are the best at specifying roles for guys and getting the most out of them.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#137 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:04 am

Spurs wouldn't recruit Monroe, they went away from the post years ago and wouldn't tolerate his D. Knight would be battling Mills for bench shooter, MCW would be Garrett Temple.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#138 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:08 am

AussieBuck wrote:Spurs wouldn't recruit Monroe, they went away from the post years ago and wouldn't tolerate his D. Knight would be battling Mills for bench shooter, MCW would be Garrett Temple.

yeah, you know full well that wasn't the point I was making but either way, this has run it's course here.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#139 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:19 am

M-C-G wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Spurs wouldn't recruit Monroe, they went away from the post years ago and wouldn't tolerate his D. Knight would be battling Mills for bench shooter, MCW would be Garrett Temple.

yeah, you know full well that wasn't the point I was making but either way, this has run it's course here.

No I think you're missing the salient point here. These guys are fundamentally flawed players that you can't just put into good systems and expect them to work. They are guys who's flaws you have to cater to and cover up not complimentary players like you'd find on the Spurs. There just aren't gigs for dinosaur bigs like Monroe or PGs who are MCW's kind of bad on offense. Knight's only starting on a decent-ish team because they like to run with a two small guards.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
For Waukee
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#140 » by For Waukee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:32 am

Does that one guy on here still wanna trade Jabari for Lillard? 4/22fg 0/6 from three, yikes.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks