2016 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Re: 2016 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#201 » by chuckleslove » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:38 pm

glenn wrote:Mac wore this on last week's Always Sunny:

Yeah, I paused it to get a good look/read of it but noticed immediately it said Milwaukee.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Post#202 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:42 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Better Call Saul. Stop me if you've heard me say this about a Vince Gilligan show before, but I thought it was mostly pointless, forgettable and dull, save one or two brilliant episodes.

:blank:
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#203 » by Triple 7 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:28 pm

glenn wrote:Mac wore this on last week's Always Sunny:

He wore a Wisconsin state football championships t-shirt from the 80s a while back too

"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#204 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:50 pm

It's Always Sunny has been so good this season. Hard to believe it's still going strong after 11 years.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#205 » by DingleJerry » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:18 pm

He's worn a shirt for a bar in Three Lakes WI before too. The show has gotten more and more out there the last few years, which is inevitable when you've been on this long. But the 80s ski resort episode this season was pure gold.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#206 » by BUCKnation » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:10 pm

blazza18 wrote:It's Always Sunny has been so good this season. Hard to believe it's still going strong after 11 years.

Yeah, I have been very happy with this season. Much better than the more or less forgettable past few seasons.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#207 » by crkone » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 am

I wanted this Frank episode to go on forever, lol.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#208 » by bizarro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:32 am

humanrefutation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Better Call Saul. Stop me if you've heard me say this about a Vince Gilligan show before, but I thought it was mostly pointless, forgettable and dull, save one or two brilliant episodes.

Yeah, I'm going to stop you. The acting is fantastic. The music is fantastic. The spaciousness of the show is completely parallel to the open sky and vast - breathtaking - spaciousness of New Mexico. Sol's character is soooooooo identifiable. I mean, let's be real: every a@@hole and their co-worker wants to take lots of your money to feed the hands of the corporate giants. Got internet in a city? They're going to **** you. Own a small business (like an actual small business) and think you've saved some money. They're going to **** you in the a@@. It's a matter of time. I absolutely loved season 1. I also love how we get Mike's backstory (for all the Breaking Bad viewers). We will just really really agree to disagree on this one.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#209 » by bizarro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:49 am

Nebula1 wrote:Favorite shows atm:

Mr. Robot
Suits
Billions
Killing Fields
Big Fish Texas

Mr. Robot is amazing. Enough said.

I haven't seen 'Suits' yet though recently heard of it. I'll have to check it out. With Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and all the other pay networks having shows now it truly is the era of TV series. Plus, you don't have to fear some nutjob disrupting your movie experience by bring his automatic weapons to your show! Am i rite?!?

My Fave Shows at the moment:

Mr. Robot
Vikings
Broad City
Dare Devil
Better Call Saul
Fargo
GOT
Silicon Valley
Sherlock

And, as an aside, it's a great time for crime dramas if you're into that thing. Like, a great time. There was Broadchurch and The Killing - both were fine examples of the genre. I recently finished The Fall with Gillian Anderson which I found engaging and quite perverse. If you're into setting and place - and, hence, mood created via these parts - there's a great Welsh crime drama on Netflix right now Hinterland. Anyhow, I've suddenly found myself liking a genre I never really spent much time in - all after 'How to Make a Murderer'.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,053

Post#210 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:17 pm

bizarro wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to stop you. The acting is fantastic. The music is fantastic. The spaciousness of the show is completely parallel to the open sky and vast - breathtaking - spaciousness of New Mexico. Sol's character is soooooooo identifiable. I mean, let's be real: every a@@hole and their co-worker wants to take lots of your money to feed the hands of the corporate giants. Got internet in a city? They're going to **** you. Own a small business (like an actual small business) and think you've saved some money. They're going to **** you in the a@@. It's a matter of time. I absolutely loved season 1. I also love how we get Mike's backstory (for all the Breaking Bad viewers). We will just really really agree to disagree on this one.

The MIke episode and the episode where Jimmy went hunting the couple who ripped off the money were the two good episodes in season one. Mike's episode being REALLY good.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,053

Post#211 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:23 pm

As for Suits, I thought the first season was awesome, and kinda got progressively boring and repetitive. Still a fun show, and worth it for Donna alone.

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#212 » by DingleJerry » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:23 pm

I was really entertained by Better Call Saul and see where it's going and expect good things. The way I'd put my complaint is that if this was stand alone and we all didn't know about the Breaking Bad end point that most would have thought "why would I care about a story about this small timer", but since we all know where it's going it' interesting to us because they've already hooked us on those two characters.

The Frank episode last night was amazing, Sunny has really come back strong after some blah episodes the last few years. One big thing I've liked in later years is how Dennis has basically become a sociopath in his schemes
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#213 » by bizarro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:56 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:As for Suits, I thought the first season was awesome, and kinda got progressively boring and repetitive. Still a fun show, and worth it for Donna alone.

I see your Donna and raise you a Rachel:

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#214 » by Nebula1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:28 pm

bizarro wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:As for Suits, I thought the first season was awesome, and kinda got progressively boring and repetitive. Still a fun show, and worth it for Donna alone.

I see your Donna and raise you a Rachel:

It slowed a little in the middle but last season it came back strong and the current season is pretty good. With the season revolving around Mike and Harvard, it's compelling yet still maintains some of the bubblegum.

Killing Fields has been an interesting experiment to watch unfold. They nailed the detectives to follow.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Post#215 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:51 pm

God damn...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cle_rKBpZ28[/youtube]
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#216 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Matches Malone wrote:God damn...

I think I'm starting to understand the plot better. I thought it was going to be Batman vs. Superman. I see that's not truly the case. So this is the set up for the Justice League?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#217 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:God damn...

I think I'm starting to understand the plot better. I thought it was going to be Batman vs. Superman. I see that's not truly the case. So this is the set up for the Justice League?

From what I gather, Batman see's Superman as a bigger threat to the world after the destruction in Man of Steel. So Batman tries to stop him but eventually realizes he's not the real threat as other "villians" start to pop up. They then come together to fight bigger enemies with the help of Wonder Woman. Hence, Dawn of Justice in the title of the movie, referring to Justice League. There is supposedly going to be Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman cameo's or easter eggs in this movie that hint at other hero's.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#218 » by crkone » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 pm

It looks like it only took throwing every single action scene in the movie together to make a decent trailer. Well played WB.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#219 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:50 pm

crkone wrote:It looks like it only took throwing every single action scene in the movie together to make a decent trailer. Well played WB.

The movie is likely to be around 3 hours long. I think there's going to be a lot more than what we've seen, which is hard to believe because we have seen a lot.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#220 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:46 am

Deadpool was so friggin awesome. One of my fav movies in a long time. I laughed for 2 hours straight.

They make fun of everyone and everything and it's awesome. SO FRIGGIN GOOD! FUN TIMES!!!!

They took that R rating and went to town. Hell no, this is not a slightly over PG-13 movie, they took the R rating and went all the way with it and it was brilliant.

FYI there is a small post-credits scene.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks