Jabari Parker Development

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Re: Jabari Parker Development 

Post#1861 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:14 pm

M-C-G wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Not a dig. I just think if you're expecting Jabari to be an all NBA type guy you're likely to be disappointed.

On the contrary I think you are the one likely to be disappointed.

This kind of response is really inappropriate. We're all Bucks fans and nobody is going to be disappointed if he exceeds our less optimistic expectations.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#1862 » by M-C-G » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:20 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Not a dig. I just think if you're expecting Jabari to be an all NBA type guy you're likely to be disappointed.

On the contrary I think you are the one likely to be disappointed.

This kind of response is really inappropriate. We're all Bucks fans and nobody is going to be disappointed if he exceeds our less optimistic expectations.

Inappropriate? Get over it
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1863 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:27 pm

M-C-G wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

I'm over it. Your posts are reactionary and even you admitted that you get mad when someone criticizes Jabari. Why would it bother you that someone has a different opinion? Believe it or not, people aren't being skeptical of Jabari just because they enjoy offending you or arguing.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#1864 » by DingleJerry » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:34 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

I'm over it. Your posts are reactionary and even you admitted that you get mad when someone criticizes Jabari. Why would it bother you that someone has a different opinion? Believe it or not, people aren't being skeptical of Jabari just because they enjoy offending you or arguing.

Or that we're actively rooting against him in order to prove us 'right' or something. Even skeptics see the massive offensive potential and what could happen if the jumper comes, we've just been a little more hesitant to annoint someone without more evidence.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1865 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:39 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Or that we're actively rooting against him in order to prove us 'right' or something. Even skeptics see the massive offensive potential and what could happen if the jumper comes, we've just been a little more hesitant to annoint someone without more evidence.

Exactly. It's a good debate. This stuff makes this board enjoyable, but reacting that way can reduce it to pointless sniping. I've been in the minority many times but not on purpose and certainly not because I want to offend people or because I actually hoped certain players (or rosters) wouldn't live up to expectations. I just didn't think they would, and my skepticism has often proven reasonable.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,497

Post#1866 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:40 pm

I see nothing wrong with CHL's predictions for Jabari at all. I disagree, though. I see a combination of Grant Hill and "What if Bo Jackson had played Basketball?"
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1867 » by M-C-G » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:43 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

He used the words "likely to be disappointed", so I turned the statement around, rather politely actually, and then you guys chose to be hypersensitive about it. That's your problem, not mine.

I'll also have to look at how I stated it, but it's quite seldom any post on here make me actually mad, even when I think they are stupid and short sighted.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1868 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:48 pm

M-C-G wrote:
He used the words "likely to be disappointed", so I turned the statement around, rather politely actually, and then you guys chose to be hypersensitive about it. That's your problem, not mine.

Why would he be disappointed if Jabari becomes an all-nba player? That's ridiculous.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1869 » by M-C-G » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:54 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Why would he be disappointed if Jabari becomes an all-nba player? That's ridiculous.

Let me try this one more time. I used the words he used and turned them around.

I used, the words he used, and turned them around, turnabout. Jeebus you guys
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,212

Post#1870 » by skones » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:59 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

When people openly troll with name drops like Jon Brockman, they're trying to ruffle feathers. Either acknowledge that you do that or stop doing it. Don't pull that stuff and be like, "oh, I just have a different opinion man, sorry if you disagree, nothing was intentional." It's a cop out and it's BS.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 723

Post#1871 » by averageposter » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Jon Brockman on that list had a real, one of these kids is doing his own thing, vibe for sure.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,055

Re: RE: Re: Jabari Parker Development 

Post#1872 » by Siefer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:04 pm

M-C-G wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Oh, everyone gets it. It was just the equivalent of responding to "happy birthday," with "thanks, you too."
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#1873 » by breakchains » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Jabari is on a while nother plane than Big Dog in terms of explosion/athleticism/power. When Butler is talking about how strong you are as a 21 year old, it's something. Parker's upside is till very underrated here and in the greater NBA world IMO. He's got a chance to be a superstar. Something of a Melo/Blake hybrid or something. We will see if he gets there but there is a clear path to it.
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#1874 » by Triple 7 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:06 pm

M-C-G wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

So you're saying you're making a nonsense, useless argument. Got it.
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1875 » by M-C-G » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Triple 7 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

So you're saying you're making a nonsense, useless argument. Got it.

Yes, much like all the great discussion over the last page, it is pretty much all useless, your comment equally so. Welcome to the party.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#1876 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:11 pm

breakchains wrote:Something of a Melo/Blake hybrid or something. We will see if he gets there but there is a clear path to it.

I've always seen him along the lines of Blake. Where he's got grow is in both the rebounding and ability to get to the line. (or get a vicious 3 ball which Blake doesn't have)

FTA's per game: Jabari at 4.0 and Blake at 7.9

Rebounds per game: Jabari 6.4rpg and Blake at 9.4rpg

In Blake's 2nd year (3rd year really due to Blake's knee injury has was at 7.1 FTA's per game and 10.2 rebounds per game (and a gaudy 54.9% FG%)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1877 » by M-C-G » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
breakchains wrote:Something of a Melo/Blake hybrid or something. We will see if he gets there but there is a clear path to it.

I've always seen him along the lines of Blake. Where he's got grow is in both the rebounding and ability to get to the line. (or get a vicious 3 ball which Blake doesn't have)

In Blake's 2nd year (3rd year really due to Blake's knee injury has was at 7.1 FTA's per game and 10.2 rebounds per game (and a gaudy 54.9% FG%)

There is definitely a lot of meat on the bone in terms of drawing fouls. He draws a TON of contact and someday, I think he'll get the "star" calls that maybe only Giannis gets on this team.

That'd be an easy way to add 4-5 points to his game.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,212

Post#1878 » by skones » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:59 pm

M-C-G wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

There is definitely a lot of meat on the bone in terms of drawing fouls. He draws a TON of contact and someday, I think he'll get the "star" calls that maybe only Giannis gets on this team.

That'd be an easy way to add 4-5 points to his game.

Part of it is on Jabari using the finesse part of his game. He has a tendency to try to avoid contact instead of playing through it. He doesn't use his strength around the basket in this regard yet, which is why dropping 20 a night without it makes him such a scary scoring threat.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#1879 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:06 pm

skones wrote:
Part of it is on Jabari using the finesse part of his game. He has a tendency to try to avoid contact instead of playing through it. He doesn't use his strength around the basket in this regard yet, which is why dropping 20 a night without it makes him such a scary scoring threat.

Jabari slithers. And he's got to figure out how to draw the contact.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,171

Re: RE: Re: Jabari Parker Development 

Post#1880 » by RRyder823 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:16 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

It's a "turn of phrase". Common man you know that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks