OT Job Interview

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,641

OT Job Interview 

Post#1 » by Matches Malone » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:02 pm

Hey guys,

I had a question regarding a potential interview and need some help.

I had a phone interview with a company 6 days ago. Today I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. I didn't pick up as I was in the middle of something at my current job and at the time, surrounded by my boss. I looked the number up on google and saw it was the same company I had the phone interview with last week. Unfortunately, they did not leave a voice message nor have I received an email.

My question is, do I call the number back? I was told not to on the off chance they dialed my number by mistake.

Any advice?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Re: OT Job Interview 

Post#2 » by Jez2983 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:09 pm

I would think it's appropriate to return any missed call. You can just be honest and explain what happened.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#3 » by Treebeard » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:13 pm

I'd call. Keeping the hiring process moving along is usually important to Managers - so timing is critical. Your reasons for not answering immediately are reasonable and logical.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#4 » by wichmae » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:15 pm

I just dont know why they wouldnt leave a message. As a family with successful people never leaving a message is just really poor form. Whether its a good news message or not. Hopefully its a mistake on their end that they never left the courtesy.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#5 » by Prince12 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:30 pm

If its a big interview process and plenty of applicants I think its more likely they move on to the next candidate. Id be calling back for sure.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,839

Post#6 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Definitely call back. Tell them you saw they had called, and let them know you are still extremely interested in the position (if you are, obviously).
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#7 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:41 pm

My experience in similar situations..if it's important they'll call back or email. I rarely pick up any number I'm not expecting a call from.
Go Bucks!
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,301

Post#8 » by 3Diamantidis » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:00 pm

Man just call back!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#9 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:04 pm

You usually don't leave a message in a case like that because they don't know if that is your personal or work voice mail. Worse thing that happens is they leave a message in an inbox not knowing who might be listening to it. Or many phones now convert the message to a digital email on a company server. So whether the news bad or good, they are protecting your confidentiality with your current employer.

Call them back.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,641

Post#10 » by Matches Malone » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:09 pm

I called back. Turns out she was going to call back again and didn't leave a message because she remembered I worked till 5pm. Thanks for the advice guys. We can lock this up now.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#11 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:19 pm

I would call back, but I wouldn't let them know that you know that they called and you missed the call. I would call back and say "Hello sir or madam, this is Matches Malone. I had a phone interview with you last week and I was just calling back to follow up. Have you begun call backs for 2nd interviews"? If they say "yes, we called you back and you didn't answer", you can say "my sincerest apologies sir or madam, I was unable to receive that call due to extraneous circumstance. I would have returned that call immediately if the caller had left a voicemail. Again though, my sincerest apologies". Then when you go to the interview, you're going to want to meditate beforehand about how you have the biggest penis, how all the women want to be with you, and all the men want to be your friend, you're going to want to do some pushups or jerkoff (depending if you are interviewing with a women or a man), and then you're going to go in there and **** them with words.

But first call them back.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#12 » by Zeezprah » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:41 pm

just my 2 cents, but i've always been taught if they don't leave a message there's no need to call back.

a reputable business/company isn't gonna retract interest because you missed one phone call.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,033

Post#13 » by mediocrityrules » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I called back. Turns out she was going to call back again and didn't leave a message because she remembered I worked till 5pm. Thanks for the advice guys. We can lock this up now.

Surely everyone wants to know if it was good news or bad news?
Circling calendars since 2021

Return to Milwaukee Bucks