ImageImage

PG Thread (Atlanta) - 4 straight losses

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Re: PG Thread (Atlanta) - 4 straight losses 

Post#41 » by Magic Giannison » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Did Cunningham's contract expire last night ?
I really hope we dont resign him.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Post#42 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:It's no big deal if he didn't play Inglis.

I suppose it's no big deal that he's playing Cunningham while Inglis rides the pine too, hey? Are we developing him, too?

There's so much wrong with the way Kidd handles things it isn't even funny anymore.

We have zero backcourt players. You know, Mayo, Vasquez, MCW all hurt. Inglis is a SF. Heck Middleton is more of a SF.

Cunningham is terrible but we need G help as sad as that is.

Not playing a DL level player who needs far more than a few games in the NBA is hardly something to get upset over.
Damien hasn't even had a chance to show what he can do, and you're calling him a D-League player? He showed he can play great D that one game. At this point, there's no reason not to give him some playing time. No reason the core needs 35-40 minutes/game now.

Should've just left him in the D-League then, eh. Like I said, Kidd hasn't got a clue.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#43 » by Prez » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:31 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:I suppose it's no big deal that he's playing Cunningham while Inglis rides the pine too, hey? Are we developing him, too?

There's so much wrong with the way Kidd handles things it isn't even funny anymore.

We have zero backcourt players. You know, Mayo, Vasquez, MCW all hurt. Inglis is a SF. Heck Middleton is more of a SF.

Cunningham is terrible but we need G help as sad as that is.

Not playing a DL level player who needs far more than a few games in the NBA is hardly something to get upset over.
Damien hasn't even had a chance to show what he can do, and you're calling him a D-League player? He showed he can play great D that one game. At this point, there's no reason not to give him some playing time. No reason the core needs 35-40 minutes/game now.

Should've just left him in the D-League then, eh. Like I said, Kidd hasn't got a clue.

He won't budge on that stance. Inglis has played as many minutes in his NBA career as Giannis has played in the past 4 days, but yeah, he should be lighting it up immediately or else he's a D-League scrub who doesn't deserve minutes.

Blows my mind that we have people defending Inglis getting zero time while we run two center lineups and the trio plays massive minutes in a lost season that's supposed to be about development.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#44 » by Chapter29 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Blows my mind that it is a big deal to you that a guy at bottom of the lineup doesn't get PT. I simply don't see much to get excited or upset about. As you stated he's played very few career minutes. Why? Because he isn't very good. Again....the way it works is earn your PT in practice, SL, DL, etc before you get it in games. Not a tough concept. He may see some PT between now and the end of the year. I hope he does so that you guys can move on to something else to complain about.
Giannis
is
UponUs
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#45 » by blazza18 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Add to Giannis clearly getting hurt last night and still playing 40 minutes. Not playing Inglis any minutes is kind of a big deal.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#46 » by Chapter29 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Uh huh. OK. Giannis was not hurt. Sorry I don't see the big deal, but I guess I am more easy going that you all. I think then JOB should have played and got big minutes.

Milbuck wrote: and the trio plays massive minutes in a lost season that's supposed to be about development.

Yep developing Giannis and Parker. You know that Giannis kid who is learning to play PG and our essentially first year guy.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Prez » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Chapter29 wrote:Uh huh. OK. Giannis was not hurt. Sorry I don't see the big deal, but I guess I am more easy going that you all. I think then JOB should have played and got big minutes.

Milbuck wrote: and the trio plays massive minutes in a lost season that's supposed to be about development.

Yep developing Giannis and Parker. You know that Giannis kid who is learning to play PG and our essentially first year guy.

Yes, because NBA teams consist of 2 players and everyone else can screw off. Thank god you're not running the team.

And Giannis wasn't severely hurt or anything but he was quite clearly bothered by the fall. He was grabbing his hip multiple times throughout the game.
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#48 » by Chapter29 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Thank god you're not. Glad we got that out of the way. Funny stuff.

Thank god, because I don't get all bent out of shape that Damien Frickin Inglis didn't play? Get real.

OK, let me conform to the RealGM way.... Kidd is a big fat poopy head.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#49 » by Jez2983 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:26 pm

Chapter, you do realise Inglis is a guy who fits really well with the 'positionless basketball' philosophy you espouse in your sig?

Play the guy. If he sucks, we lose. Doesn't matter. There is really no reason for him to log 0 minutes in a game. We have a coach talking of 3 centres on the court, so structure clearly isn't important to him.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#50 » by Chapter29 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Jez2983 wrote:Chapter, you do realise Inglis is a guy who fits really well with the 'positionless basketball' philosophy you espouse in your sig?

Play the guy. If he sucks, we lose. Doesn't matter. There is really no reason for him to log 0 minutes in a game. We have a coach talking of 3 centres on the court, so structure clearly isn't important to him.

I just don't think its something to get bent out of shape over. That's it. But now I'm a guy that doesn't know what I am talking about. Fine. I am not going to get into bashing Kidd or our management over stupid things like not playing a guy at the end of our bench.

Several on this board simply look for things to complain about and also look at posts and try to find the point of opposition within it. That makes this place very unwelcoming.

I have no issue playing Inglis. I don't disagree that Giannis, Parker and definitely Middleton are getting too much PT. With that said, I don't think Inglis has earned big minutes. He should probably be getting 10-15 per game. Even now. I don't see a player who's ready to take that next step. I see a guy that is a Jack of all trades, master of none. I see a guy who needs more than just a few NBA games to develop. I see a guy that needs the offseason, Summer and SL to really see what he has so I don't lose a bunch of sleep over him not getting big minutes in these last dozen games.

As for the coach? He's a big fat poopy head. Dumb as a box of rocks. Right? I recall when I took over for my director when he left the company. I remember feeling like he made quite a few bad decisions that I was certain were just plain dumb. Now I fast forward a few years and find myself making similar decisions, but now with different points of information available to me. Not that I like every decision (he made or I made), but understand where it came from. So I try to refrain from wild accusations. I kind of feel like, you really need to walk in his shoes to really know. Understand that you don't have all the points of information. Arm chair quarterbacks and hindsight I guess makes things a little easier. Not that we shouldn't have our own opinions, but at times it gets ridiculous around here. I try to be easy going and level headed.
Giannis
is
UponUs
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#51 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Chapter29 wrote: As you stated he's played very few career minutes. Why? Because he isn't very good.

Yes, that's why. :lol:

You realize he was a rookie last year? You realize he missed his rookie year due to injury?

But yes, he doesn't have many career minutes because he sucks. Wow.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#52 » by Jez2983 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:01 pm

15 minutes is quite a bit more than 0, which I think is the crux of the issue here.

I asked earlier about jumpshots, as the shot chart indicates Giannis/Jabari took 21 between them. 21!!!!

That's a clear change in coaching philosophy, and I've not been anywhere near as anti-Kidd as others. He does however make an average GM if true.

As for people slinging mud, having bias etc? No problem, it's a message board.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#53 » by Chapter29 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:19 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote: As you stated he's played very few career minutes. Why? Because he isn't very good.

You realize he was a rookie last year? You realize he missed his rookie year due to injury?

He isn't very good. He is a young guy still trying to learn how to play in the NBA. I didn't say he wont ever be any good.

:lol: right back at cha Mr complainer.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Prez » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:25 pm

You know what's a great way to learn how to play in the NBA? Getting playing time in the NBA.

I know, crazy talk. But it just might work.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#55 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:26 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

I didn't say he wont ever be any good.

I know.

You tried telling us he's not good, and that's why he doesn't have many career minutes. :lol:
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#56 » by Chapter29 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:47 pm

OK. I know the easy way to avoid reading your nonsense. Bye.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#57 » by Chapter29 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:02 am

Milbuck wrote:You know what's a great way to learn how to play in the NBA? Getting playing time in the NBA.

I know, crazy talk. But it just might work.

Yep. Train well in the summer. Play well in the SL. Play well in your DL time. Play well in practice. Play well in your limited minutes / chances you get in the NBA. Keep doing these type of things and gain more and more PT.

Never said I didn't want him to play. I just think he's got a ways to go and again I am not losing sleep or getting upset that he isn't playing. With that said, if he gets big minutes guess what? I also wont be complaining. Because it wont be a big deal either way. I just don't think he's done much for a bench guy for people to be all bent out of shape with this.

Crazy talk I know.
Giannis
is
UponUs

Return to Milwaukee Bucks