ImageImage

Off-season Trade Ideas (involving the Bucks)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: Off-season Trade Ideas (involving the Bucks) 

Post#1941 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:21 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:105.7 put up a poll asking fans if they'd trade Jabari for Jimmy Butler and it was 80% no.

Objectively, I'd like to know: Besides MAYBE scoring, what does Jabari project to be better at on a basketball court than Jimmy Butler?

I get people liking Jabari and all, but the overrating is getting a little crazy. Butler is a top 10-15 player.

Jimmy is 27 when the season starts.

You want to cash in 10 good years of Jabari for 3 prime years of Jimmy when the Bucks aren't on the cusp of competing for a championship?

It makes absolutely no sense at all.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1942 » by LuessiT » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Giannis will probably start consistenly carrying this team to the playoffs in one or two years from now. Butler will leave in three years from now. If Butler was two years younger and would be on a 5 year contract I'd easily swap Jabari with Butler.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#1943 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:22 pm

randy84 wrote:Anyone take back Knight for #13?

Easily, I'm not sure how eager PHX is to get rid of his contract though. They probably see George Hill getting moved for 12, and think that he still has value. Chandler on the other hand....
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1944 » by M-C-G » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:23 pm

LuessiT wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:105.7 put up a poll asking fans if they'd trade Jabari for Jimmy Butler and it was 80% no.

Objectively, I'd like to know: Besides MAYBE scoring, what does Jabari project to be better at on a basketball court than Jimmy Butler?

I get people liking Jabari and all, but the overrating is getting a little crazy. Butler is a top 10-15 player.

The only thing that I don't like with Butler is the timing.

Yep, value is fine, but I also don't like the timing. Part of the fun of following a franchise is the journey, especially from how lowly we have been for twenty years. I want us to be good, and am willing to invest the time to watch this core grow together. I think it's ceiling is significantly higher than the big 3 plus TimTom. I'm not in a hurry to change that.

Additionally, Butler hasn't really been able to stay all that healthy and has played TON of minutes. I'm worried he is a guy that won't age very well and his defense has already dipped. Lastly, I think he is pretty ball dominate and don't think him and Giannis pair all that well together. I could see those two butting heads.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1945 » by LuessiT » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Easily. I think you can easily flip Knight to Philly for TPE (or even a late first for that matter).
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#1946 » by H2tObes » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:24 pm

I wouldn't swap Parker for Butler even if Butler was 23. The Butler/Giannis combo would be fun for a while but we would be begging to move Butler before long, he would take away from Giannis so much offensively. He's a guy who wants & needs the ball in his hands. I'm pretty committed to Giannis being the primary ball handler
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#1947 » by raferfenix » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Doesn't look like the Cavs are going to be trading Love today at least:

Meanwhile, Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue went on the Mike & Mike radio show and sounded as definitive as anyone could in saying his star player, Kevin Love, would be returning to Cleveland next season.

“He’s going to be here,” said Lue on the show. “Without Kevin Love, we wouldn’t have got to the Finals. Had a great series against Detroit, a great series against Atlanta. He had a great series against Toronto. With the way Golden State plays and the positions they put you in, it’s a tough series. You know, like the same way with Channing Frye; he did a great job of getting us to that point, but then you know it was a tough series for him to play because they played small. It was tough for him matchup-wise. Kevin Love, he was great for us all season long. Kyrie Irving missed 30 games this season and LeBron (James) and Kevin really carried the team the first 30 games of the season. And throughout the playoffs, those first three rounds he was big. In Game 7 he comes in after hearing all of the negative talk, he comes into Game 7, has 14 rebounds, a big stop on Steph Curry at the end of the game.

Kevin Love is going to be here. We want him here. He’s a big part of what we’re doing and what we’re trying to do going forward.”

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/22/are-chicagos-jimmy-butler-clevelands-kevin-love-off-the-market/
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1948 » by M-C-G » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:27 pm

LuessiT wrote:

Easily. I think you can easily flip Knight to Philly for TPE (or even a late first for that matter).

Then why wouldn't Philly just take the 13th pick? Is this a secret trade?
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#1949 » by Swan Vox » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Anyone want Knight back? Maybe they'd take MCW for him. : )

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/745983128464826372[/tweet]
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#1950 » by breakchains » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Butler is too alpha doggie to be joining Giannis as Giannis is in his developmental stage. We have seen the difference in Giannis's game when he is given a mandate and when he has vets who want to control the ball. It's not smart to bring an alpha dog with legitimate star power for at least another year IMO. Especially not for Jabari, who is developing almost seamlessly along side Giannis, with great synergy between the two.

I'm beyond sick if Jabari trade ideas, really.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1951 » by M-C-G » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:29 pm

raferfenix wrote:Doesn't look like the Cavs are going to be trading Love today at least:

Meanwhile, Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue went on the Mike & Mike radio show and sounded as definitive as anyone could in saying his star player, Kevin Love, would be returning to Cleveland next season.

“He’s going to be here,” said Lue on the show. “Without Kevin Love, we wouldn’t have got to the Finals. Had a great series against Detroit, a great series against Atlanta. He had a great series against Toronto. With the way Golden State plays and the positions they put you in, it’s a tough series. You know, like the same way with Channing Frye; he did a great job of getting us to that point, but then you know it was a tough series for him to play because they played small. It was tough for him matchup-wise. Kevin Love, he was great for us all season long. Kyrie Irving missed 30 games this season and LeBron (James) and Kevin really carried the team the first 30 games of the season. And throughout the playoffs, those first three rounds he was big. In Game 7 he comes in after hearing all of the negative talk, he comes into Game 7, has 14 rebounds, a big stop on Steph Curry at the end of the game.

Kevin Love is going to be here. We want him here. He’s a big part of what we’re doing and what we’re trying to do going forward.”

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/22/are-chicagos-jimmy-butler-clevelands-kevin-love-off-the-market/

Worst part by far of Cavs winning it, they probably won't take the over reactionary blow up the team plan I was hoping to see this off season. Damn.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#1952 » by breakchains » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Swan Vox wrote:Anyone want Knight back? Maybe they'd take MCW for him. : )

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/745983128464826372[/tweet]

Anyone with any sense of basketball should've known it would never work. The number of moves professionals make disregarding the importance of fit, chemistry, and overall player/team psychology is staggering.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1953 » by LuessiT » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:31 pm

M-C-G wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

I just don't think Phoenix would attach anything to get rid of Knight.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1954 » by M-C-G » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:31 pm

This is funny seeing that Spencer Hawes is going to be traded for again with an asset attached. I feel like that is the fifth time and even mentioned to some people looking for a stretch five to just take on Hawes and get an asset for your trouble, and now we can.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1955 » by M-C-G » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:32 pm

LuessiT wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Then why would we be a part of the trade if we aren't keeping him?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#1956 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:32 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/745987450498056192[/tweet]

wat
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#1957 » by raferfenix » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:32 pm

What would it really take to get Bledsoe?

Remembering how we pursued him in free agency...

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/we-have-to-get-eric-bledsoe-on-the-bucks/

If the Suns want a small forward maybe we send them Rudy Gay in a 3 way with the Kings.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1958 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:33 pm

H2tObes wrote:I wouldn't swap Parker for Butler even if Butler was 23. The Butler/Giannis combo would be fun for a while but we would be begging to move Butler before long, he would take away from Giannis so much offensively. He's a guy who wants & needs the ball in his hands. I'm pretty committed to Giannis being the primary ball handler

Butler has only had a marginally higher usage rate than Middleton the past two years.
21.6% vs 20% in 2015
24.4% vs 23% in 2016

Both Rose and Pau were higher the past two years with Rose at 31% and 28%. The notion that Butler would steal Giannis' touches is getting a little overblown to support the pro-Jabari stance.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
breakchains
General Manager

Post#1959 » by breakchains » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:33 pm

LuessiT wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Of course they wouldn't. That's an absurd suggestion.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1960 » by LuessiT » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:34 pm

M-C-G wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Then why would we be a part of the trade if we aren't keeping him?

We would cause we'd get a free #13 pick. OP asked if someone would take on Knight for #13. I would because I'm confident that we could get rid of of Knight for free.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks