ImageImage

Who is your ideal starting C next season?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Who is your ideal starting C next season?

Monroe
4%
Henson
18%
Plumlee (3yrs/$24MM)
22%
Biyombo (4yrs/$60MM)
22%
Howard (4yrs/Max)
2%
Whiteside (4yrs/Max)
16%
Ezeli (4yrs/$60MM)
2%
Other
13%

Total votes: 125

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Re: Who is your ideal starting C next season? 

Post#61 » by DrWood » Thu May 26, 2016 9:11 pm

M-C-G wrote:I get Henson is frustrating but really surprised by how many people have given up on him.

I've only given up on him as a player who might average >24 minutes a game.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#62 » by DrWood » Thu May 26, 2016 9:16 pm

I'd be a lot more positive about the potential free agents if the contracts were a year shorter or about 1/3 less money per year, or both.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#63 » by Badgerlander » Thu May 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Still think Pau at Center on a two year deal would be a huge boost for MAP

Maybe work out a sign and trade with Cleveland for Delly that nets them a big trade exception, give them the 2 second rounders that we got for Zaza+Duds last summer.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,375

Post#64 » by M-C-G » Thu May 26, 2016 9:32 pm

bizarro wrote:
xTitan wrote:Biyombo is a joke for you short attention types, did you not learn anything from overpaying Henson for a couple decent playoff games?

Poeltl and Plumlee are my choices.

Biyombo isn't a flash in the pan, however, He has been this solid for two years plus. Henson is a poor comparison. Biyombo has improved every year in the League and I personally believe he's just stepping into his Prime. The closest thing to a young Ben Wallace we've seen.

Watching Biyombo play, he looks like he is more confident, but the biggest difference I can tell is that he is not getting called for the same fouls he was previously. I watch games and can't figure out how he doesn't get called for more fouls frankly. Not saying I wouldn't want to pair him with Henson, but not for the 15-17M being thrown about by some.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#65 » by BobbyLight » Thu May 26, 2016 9:34 pm

I want to see Henson start for an extended period of time (like an entire season) like RS, so that's my pick. If he flames out and doesn't earn his spot, it doesn't matter, we don't need to worry about winning a title next year.

My out of the box idea would be none other than Jaokim Noah. Yeah, I know he'd never come here... but I am wondering if his injuries the past 2 years (actually looks like he's had problems other years, as well) have driven down his price. Have the medical staff take a look at him and see if the injury concerns remain valid. I know he's old but on a 2-3 year deal that's possibly driven down by injury history, I think he'd do more to help this team than Bismack. I have always loathed watching Noah play, but to say he isn't anything other than a great defensive player and passer, while also being a decent rebounder (when healthy) would be a lie. He's also a high BBIQ guy, as much as I hate to admit that and he seems to be the kind of guy his teammates love.

I'd prefer we stay out of the free agent pool. There are going to be some regrettable contracts handed out this year.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,806

Post#66 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu May 26, 2016 9:40 pm

M-C-G wrote:Watching Biyombo play, he looks like he is more confident, but the biggest difference I can tell is that he is not getting called for the same fouls he was previously.

He's had nearly the same fouls/36 for 3 seasons now.

And points.
And blocks.
And rebounds.
And rim protection numbers.

I dunno what people are seeing that's changed. National exposure is up I guess.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#67 » by kid idioteque » Thu May 26, 2016 11:04 pm

Plumlee. Not ready to commit a max deal to a C. And Henson is not the answer.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#68 » by Shaffty » Thu May 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Watching Biyombo play, he looks like he is more confident, but the biggest difference I can tell is that he is not getting called for the same fouls he was previously.

And points.
And blocks.
And rebounds.

HE GOT 24 REBOUNDS ONCE AGAINST THE CAVS
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,835

Post#69 » by fansinceforever » Fri May 27, 2016 12:07 am

Badgerlander wrote:Still think Pau at Center on a two year deal would be a huge boost for MAP

Maybe work out a sign and trade with Cleveland for Delly that nets them a big trade exception, give them the 2 second rounders that we got for Zaza+Duds last summer.

This is a really interesting idea. Him and Henson rotation would be my pick if the Biyombo ship has sailed.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,842

Post#70 » by VooDoo7 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:15 am

BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#71 » by BroncoBuck » Fri May 27, 2016 1:10 am

fansinceforever wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:Still think Pau at Center on a two year deal would be a huge boost for MAP

This is a really interesting idea. Him and Henson rotation would be my pick if the Biyombo ship has sailed.

Pau's feet have failed him just like Noah. He moved like Peyton Manning the last couple months.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,375

Post#72 » by M-C-G » Fri May 27, 2016 1:47 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

And points.
And blocks.
And rebounds.

I think you are misinterpreting my point, because we essentially agree. My thought was he is playing more minutes because he isn't getting called for the same fouls he was getting called for a year ago.

But I see how that wasn't really clear the way I worded it. But what I have seen in the playoffs is a much more confident player for whatever that is worth.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#73 » by Badgerlander » Fri May 27, 2016 1:50 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:

Pau's feet have failed him just like Noah. He moved like Peyton Manning the last couple months.

He definitely played too many minutes last year. If we still have Henson and draft a big we can use Pau for spacing and teaching the young guys how to play the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#74 » by DrWood » Fri May 27, 2016 2:13 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

And points.
And blocks.
And rebounds.

I agree, for the most part. He's slightly improved over his career, but not much.

What I don't get is why people are all over his balls. His career VORP is -0.1. (I'm not saying that's the best or only summary stat to look at, but I don't want to do a statistical analysis here.).

He's not better than Henson, though he might do a better job of passing the eyeball test.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#75 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 27, 2016 2:18 am

DrWood wrote:I agree, for the most part. He's slightly improved over his career, but not much.

Over his career he greatly improved. His first few seasons were pretty damn bad. He kinda plateaued as a pretty damn good player a few years ago though and this season he people finally got to see it in an extended role.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
raws
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#76 » by raws » Fri May 27, 2016 2:44 am

4/60 for Ezeli got some votes? Yuck! Explain yourselves.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#77 » by worthlessBucks » Fri May 27, 2016 3:45 am

Speculation of 17 million for Biyombo? Good god. I am the wrong height.
Go Bucks!
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#78 » by DrWood » Fri May 27, 2016 3:49 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:I agree, for the most part. He's slightly improved over his career, but not much.

Over his career he greatly improved. His first few seasons were pretty damn bad. He kinda plateaued as a pretty damn good player a few years ago though and this season he people finally got to see it in an extended role.

he has plateaued as marginally above a replacement player. I get that you love him, and he looks great in a uniform. I just don't get that he's very good.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#79 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 27, 2016 3:52 am

I'd love to see all the replacement bigs in the league who you could argue are top 10 defenders and rebounders.

I guess that's where the disconnect is. He's been one of the best rebounders in the league and rim protectors in the league for 3 seasons now. I don't even see how it's a debate whether he's "good" or not. $17 million dollars good is a question that could be valid though.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#80 » by Nightfall » Fri May 27, 2016 8:09 am

Interesting. G.Monroe and 3 of his relatives follow the forum :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks