ImageImage

The "Who would you have picked at 10" thread?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: The "Who would you have picked at 10" thread? 

Post#141 » by Nowak008 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:47 pm

DaTrillStak wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:Ellenson was the highest guy left on my big board. I think he could have been our starting center.

Ellenson paired with Parker in the front court would be a defensive disaster, worse than Monroe/Parker -- Ellenson's feet are cinder blocks on defense.

Ellenson at 19 and Jabari at 21, yea defensively it won't be good. When they are both in their mid twenties it would have been fine. The skill level at the 2-3-4-5 spots would have been incredible.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#142 » by livestrong4ever » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:06 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
livestrong4ever wrote:Not sure whom I would of picked at ten. Ellison has shown some promise- but its not as if I see him as some star. He could flame out the same way Deker did. Bucks have a good track record of picking these young-high ceiling guys. Harris-Giannis-now Than. I would of loved to see them stash Diamond Stone on their roster. (in second round) Is there anyone's draft stock who has fell so far?

Holy hell here's a poster who hasn't been around in ages! Hope all is well in your world.

I was Poeltl and then I didn't really know/research anyone else. Wasn't interested in Thon, trying to convince myself otherwise.

I was interested in Korkmaz, let's say him.

Been going okay- been very busy the last couple of years. Working now pretty much 50 hours a week and I work the 2-10 shift so I don't have time for sports much these days. I am very happy though I was at least able to get my days off changed- and get Sundays off for the NFL season. Was the first year since I can't remember where I didn't watch one NFL game live. :-?
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#143 » by Max Green » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Max Green wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I didn't realize how many were on the Thon train pre-draft.

Sure is a lot more Sabonis fans then I remember as well.

Something to consider is that the board's #1 pick (per the poll), Poeltl, was gone by our spot. That's 48 people with something new to say.

Good point.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#144 » by DrWood » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:35 am

Garbs_7 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:Baldwin then Valentine.

Very happy with the Thon swing for the fences pick though because those guys have good role player potential at best IMO.

This is the opposite of the truth. Thon has a LOW ceiling, as in: never getting minutes with a game on the line, unless the team is dealing with injuries.

No he doesn't, don't say this as fact. Nobody knows his ceiling or floor yet, as big an unknown as anyone in the NBA right now. Pretty obvious to anyone though his potential is high for a number of reasons. Whether he reaches it or not is another argument but low ceiling is dumb.

I don't think you understand the concepts of floor and ceiling. His floor absolutely is a complete bust. Some people have said his ceiling is KG; that seems overly optimistic to me, but most players never reach 100% of their potential.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#145 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:43 am

Baldwin
Cordinier
Zimmerman
Do it for Chuck
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#146 » by Garbs_7 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:52 am

DrWood wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:
DrWood wrote:This is the opposite of the truth. Thon has a LOW ceiling, as in: never getting minutes with a game on the line, unless the team is dealing with injuries.

No he doesn't, don't say this as fact. Nobody knows his ceiling or floor yet, as big an unknown as anyone in the NBA right now. Pretty obvious to anyone though his potential is high for a number of reasons. Whether he reaches it or not is another argument but low ceiling is dumb.

I don't think you understand the concepts of floor and ceiling. His floor absolutely is a complete bust. Some people have said his ceiling is KG; that seems overly optimistic to me, but most players never reach 100% of their potential.

I absolutely understand the concept of floor and ceiling, your post was just really, really bad and uninformed so had to try and help you out.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#147 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:45 am

Very happy with the Thon swing for the fences pick though because those guys have good role player potential at best IMO.

Exactly my thoughts.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#148 » by DrWood » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:35 am

Garbs_7 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:

I absolutely understand the concept of floor and ceiling, your post was just really, really bad and uninformed so had to try and help you out.

Maybe it's an issue of Australian English. If not, I got to believe you just don't have a clue. Thon is a low floor pick, and low floor means he might never play an important minute unless he gets put in because of injury or foul trouble to other players.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,787

Post#149 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:39 am

DrWood wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:
DrWood wrote:

Maybe it's an issue of Australian English. If not, I got to believe you just don't have a clue. Thon is a low floor pick, and low floor means he might never play an important minute unless he gets put in because of injury or foul trouble to other players.

You said he had a low ceiling, not floor.......
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#150 » by Prince12 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:49 am

I would've drafted Andrew Gaze, at least he has youth on his side over Thon.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Post#151 » by nbafan341 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:37 am

Sorry bout the thread guys, I didnt mean to be insensitive with my post. Overall,I think despite the age distraction, Thon's Drive and work ethic might take him places, all it takes is some conformation knowledge that the age thing is false and then people cna go back to appreciateing him as a player. Im real sorry again
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by Garbs_7 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:56 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:

This ^ Dr. Wood. You are incorrect. Nothing to do with my ''Australian English".
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#153 » by DrWood » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:24 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:

Who did? Not in the quote. If I did anywhere, it was a typo. I wouldn't say that Kevin Garnett is a low ceiling; that's a pretty darn stratospheric ceiling.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,787

Post#154 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:28 am

DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:

Who did? Not in the quote. If I did anywhere, it was a typo. I wouldn't say that Kevin Garnett is a low ceiling; that's a pretty darn stratospheric ceiling.

DrWood wrote:

This is the opposite of the truth. Thon has a LOW ceiling, as in: never getting minutes with a game on the line, unless the team is dealing with injuries.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:29 am

DrWood wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
DrWood wrote:

Haha you only have to look up a few posts to see the quoted post

DrWood wrote:This is the opposite of the truth. Thon has a LOW ceiling, as in: never getting minutes with a game on the line, unless the team is dealing with injuries.

Ok it was a typo then, my response was understandable.
DrWood
Head Coach

Post#156 » by DrWood » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:32 am

I put a correction in the original post. Unless there are evil gremlins in the system, I made a typo putting ceiling where I should have put floor.

that's a lot of arguing over a a typo, though it still seems that in your original post you were suggesting he didn't have a low floor.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks