HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,286

Re: Giannis' Development part 2 

Post#1021 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:57 am

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/thank-you-fans-giannis-antetokounmpo/

Thank You Fans by Giannis Antetokounmpo

Bucks Fans,

When I first came here three years ago, just 18 years old and embarking on an incredible journey in a foreign land without my family by my side, you embraced me. Your support during those first few months was incredible. While I adjusted to a new league and a new life, you welcomed me and treated me like family, as though I’d been a part of this community my whole life. When my parents and brothers arrived later that season, you welcomed them with open arms as well. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me. That first game they attended – an exciting win over the Knicks in early February – didn’t mean much in the standings that season, but it meant the world to me. Family has always been a driving force in my life, and after three years here in Milwaukee I’m proud to say that you all are a part of my family now, too.

The Bucks took a chance on me three years ago, and have invested so much into helping me grow as both a player and a person. I promise to make that a great investment for both this team and city, on the court and off. I’m going to do whatever it takes to bring a championship back to our great fans, and I’m going to keep growing as a member of this community to make it a better place for future generations.

We still have a ways to go. I’ve seen how difficult it is to win in the NBA and I understand how hard we’re going to have to work to get there. We have all the tools, though, and we have the best fans in the world here in Wisconsin ready to embrace this team just as you’ve embraced me and my family. We’re building something special right now and there’s no place else I’d rather be.

Thank you for joining me on this journey, and I can’t wait to see you all this season and for many years to come.

Now let’s get to work!

- Giannis

If I was a woman I would want to have your children. :love:
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#1022 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:02 am

Giannis's big purchase after his 100MM contract (TMZ is the source to take it for what it's worth)..

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/09/19/giannis-antetokounmpo-teddy-bear-costco-nba/
#FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#1023 » by skones » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:53 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
skones wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Let me guess ,someone that never watched Bucks games i assume or simply is trolling.

You realize you just said that you think Giannis will shoot 38% from three next year right?

Yeah, so ?
Giannis shot 35 % i his rookie year, is it that absurd imagining him shooting better than that ?

Yes.

His jumper has looked broken for the better part of the last 2 years and happened to shoot 25.7% on the same number of attempts per game he had during the year you're mentioning.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#1024 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:07 pm

skones wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
skones wrote:
You realize you just said that you think Giannis will shoot 38% from three next year right?

Yeah, so ?
Giannis shot 35 % i his rookie year, is it that absurd imagining him shooting better than that ?

Yes.

His jumper has looked broken for the better part of the last 2 years and happened to shoot 25.7% on the same number of attempts per game he had during the year you're mentioning.

44 3PA is same as 118 ?

Giannis jumper looks better in terms of form than his rookie year were he shot anarchically and he looked much more improve during Olympic qualifiers besides 1 game.

So if you expect Giannis to became the star/superstar you say you believe him to become then yes 38 % from 3 isnt absurd. especially when you got guys like Kawhi proving you that.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#1025 » by freewhitemoon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Kawhi has been a good shooter since his rookie year and even his improvement last season is extremely uncommon. Let's not argue the exception, Giannis going from 25% to 38% in one offseason is unrealistic
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#1026 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:20 pm

freewhitemoon wrote:Kawhi has been a good shooter since his rookie year and even his improvement last season is extremely uncommon. Let's not argue the exception, Giannis going from 25% to 38% in one offseason is unrealistic

It is harder to improve when your stats are at higher rate then when you're top bottom. So difference from 25 to 38 % is not as big as it looks.

Without Middleton around for couple of months both Jabari and GIannis will take more shots and im sure they will improve tremendously.
skones
RealGM

Post#1027 » by skones » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
skones wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Yeah, so ?

Yes.

44 3PA is same as 118 ?

Giannis jumper looks better in terms of form than his rookie year were he shot anarchically and he looked much more improve during Olympic qualifiers besides 1 game.

So if you expect Giannis to became the star/superstar you say you believe him to become then yes 38 % from 3 isnt absurd. especially when you got guys like Kawhi proving you that.

He didn't shoot 44 this year. He shot 109......
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#1028 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:04 pm

skones wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
skones wrote:
Yes.

44 3PA is same as 118 ?

Well you mentioned 2 years so his previous year is also into account.
Anyway , i can see him clearly improving a lot especially with Middleton out it should be a good opportunity to take shots.
skones
RealGM

Post#1029 » by skones » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:32 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:
skones wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:44 3PA is same as 118 ?

Anyway , i can see him clearly improving a lot especially with Middleton out it should be a good opportunity to take shots.

You clearly read wrong.

His jumper has been broken for two years. That's what I said. You cited a number from 3 years ago despite a much more recent sample of nearly identical size which you're seemingly ignoring because of what you want to believe, not that I should be surprised given your overall record here.
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#1030 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:52 pm

skones wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
skones wrote:

You clearly read wrong.

His jumper has been broken for two years. That's what I said. You cited a number from 3 years ago despite a much more recent sample of nearly identical size which you're seemingly ignoring because of what you want to believe, not that I should be surprised given your overall record here.

His jumper in the past 2 years is better looking than his rookie year. His form looks miles better that before, what are you talking about ?

How can you claim you watch Giannis and say that his jumper been broken when he clearly was worse before in terms of technique and form ?

It is widely known that the issue is his confidence and rhythm , we all saw how much better he was in last part of season when he was confident shooting it.

Im not ignoring anything, but if you claim that Giannis can improve even more and believe he will reach the stardom this year shooting is his best point where he can improve the most and help him score more and generally open his game.

Stars do have some expectations , expecting GIannis to shoot better when he clearly works on it for years and focuses on it is normal and logical.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#1031 » by emunney » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:59 pm

I expect Giannis to shoot around 30% from 3 on an amount of attempts that will generally make us squirm but which will benefit us overall. The thing about Giannis shooting 3s with this roster, particularly if he's shooting them from above the break, is that he is the ideal man to have back to prevent transition buckets, and also in Delly and MCW we have guards to are very quick to long rebounds. Plus of course we want to keep Giannis in an aggressive mindset and sometimes just the threat of shooting (not *making*, necessarily) is enough to trick an undisciplined defender over a ball screen.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Magic Giannison
RealGM

Post#1032 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:22 am

Did anyone notice how Giannis was adamant about calling himself point guard last night?
He said he focused mainly on point guard duties and training rather shooting.
Does that mean he will start as PG listen next year?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#1033 » by Prez » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:09 am

Magic Giannison wrote:Did anyone notice how Giannis was adamant about calling himself point guard last night?
If you mean is he starting at PG as in also guarding PGs, nah. He probably just means offensively, he'll have the ball in his hands and run the show.

idk how I feel about him saying shooting wasn't his top priority though. I'm glad he worked on his handles, footwork, and other PG stuff, but his baseline there is already pretty good, it's his shooting that really needed work.
ifrit
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#1034 » by ifrit » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:48 pm

HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#1035 » by HKPackFan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:58 am

Giannis ranked #12 on ESPN Fantasy. Looks like the fantasy geeks know about Giannis already.

http://www.espn.in/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/17654806/top-200-fantasy-basketball
#FreeChuckDiesel
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,301

Post#1036 » by 3Diamantidis » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:20 am

Milbuck wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Did anyone notice how Giannis was adamant about calling himself point guard last night?
If you mean is he starting at PG as in also guarding PGs, nah. He probably just means offensively, he'll have the ball in his hands and run the show.

idk how I feel about him saying shooting wasn't his top priority though. I'm glad he worked on his handles, footwork, and other PG stuff, but his baseline there is already pretty good, it's his shooting that really needed work.

That makes us 2.
But i think he doesn't want to say that he worked on it.
I think he is keeping it for a nice surprise :wink:
His NT performances showed that the shot is coming. Dunno when and how consistent but the signs are there. :wink:
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#1037 » by HKPackFan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:25 am

3Diamantidis wrote:
Milbuck wrote:

That makes us 2.
But i think he doesn't want to say that he worked on it.
I think he is keeping it for a nice surprise :wink:
His NT performances showed that the shot is coming. Dunno when and how consistent but the signs are there. :wink:

That would be a total Giannis move to want to work on his PG skills for the betterment of the team and helping his teammates and not working on his shot. Always the unselfish one. I hope he realizes that even unselfish sometimes this team is gonna need him to step up and take over.
#FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#1038 » by emunney » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm psyched that he's working on his PG skills (ostensibly ball handling, passing, reads) over shooting. I've long thought that stuff, particularly his ball handling, is the primary driver of his success along with the static stuff like his physical traits and general unselfishness. Improved ball handling is going to get him to the paint a lot faster than improved shooting will against good defensive teams considering how good a shooter he'd have to be for it to ever make sense for teams to go over screens.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,241

Post#1039 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:12 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Giannis ranked #12 on ESPN Fantasy. Looks like the fantasy geeks know about Giannis already.

http://www.espn.in/fantasy/basketball/story/_/id/17654806/top-200-fantasy-basketball

He is #2 overall in the fantasy basketball dynasty rankings in my magazine I just bought, only behind Karl-Anthony Towns
Misery loves company
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1040 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:16 pm

It's weird to think considering how young and athletic Giannis is, but he has an "old-man at the Y" type game. All about footwork and using his body to get an opening for a shot no-one can block. A lot of his best moves are slow and ugly, but he is the only guy in the league that can pull it off.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks