Maker
Nash
Petteway
Sir
Smith
Stone
Vaughn
Williams

I do think Ibeh stood out. 4 blocks in 10 minutes. I would like to see the Bucks show patience with this guy. You can't teach athleticism on a 7'6" wingspan.
Read on Twitter
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Re: GT: Bucks vs Mavs (9PM CST ESPN2) 

Post#322 » by BuckHole » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:58 am

it was weird to see Thon jump off his heels a few times and go nowhere.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,337

Post#323 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:59 am

midranger wrote:The mavs actually drafted that Punjabi guy?

#52 last year. I think it was somewhat a promotional stunt, first indian born player to be drafted.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#324 » by Swan Vox » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:00 am

ElPeregrino wrote:That was ugly.

Bucks players who shot 50% in this game:
Ibeh
James

Bucks players who shot under 36% in this game:
Brogdon
Maker
Nash
Petteway
Sir
Smith
Stone
Vaughn
Williams

I do think Ibeh stood out. 4 blocks in 10 minutes. I would like to see the Bucks show patience with this guy. You can't teach athleticism on a 7'6" wingspan.

Yeah, Ibeh is worth an extended look. The rest of this roster besides the draftees? Oof...what a dumpster fire.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,075

Post#325 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:00 am

humanrefutation wrote:Thon does so some of the little things I like to see: sets screens well, anticipates passes, finds space on the floor.

That's sort of the difference between Thon and Anthony Randolph. There were probably ten plays tonight where Thon didn't get a block, steal, score or assist. But the play outcome was altered by Thon doing something.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,378

Post#326 » by M-C-G » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:02 am

Ibeh, perfect 3rd string developmental center.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#327 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:03 am

3 boards in 30 minutes is pretty weak for Thon.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#328 » by Max Green » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:03 am

Missed the game. Did Thon show why he has more potential then Jabari Parker?
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#329 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:05 am

So this is the end of Summer League for us right?
Do it for Chuck
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,499

Post#330 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 am

jakecronus8 wrote:So this is the end of Summer League for us right?

We have one more game, I think on Friday. Double loser's bracket. :D
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,075

Post#331 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:07 am

HKPackFan wrote:3 boards in 30 minutes is pretty weak for Thon.

I think he was worried he'd foul out without the ten foul rule. Seemed less aggressive under the hoop than prior games.

Plus some of these SL games are such strange aberrations. I don't think you can take too much from raw stats either way.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#332 » by mke_design » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:08 am

Ah. So now we're taking summer league seriously. Bucks are gonna win 20 games or less next year obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,378

Post#333 » by M-C-G » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Thon does so some of the little things I like to see: sets screens well, anticipates passes, finds space on the floor.

That's sort of the difference between Thon and Anthony Randolph. There were probably ten plays tonight where Thon didn't get a block, steal, score or assist. But the play outcome was altered by Thon doing something.

Thon has impressed me, but he is still like the original tecmo bowl. He still has 4 offensive plays, and if you call run when he runs, it looks ridiculous, if you call pass when he passes it looks ridiculous. But 25% of the time when you call pass on a running play it looks sweet.

Defense, I'd like to see him react faster, you can tell the game is too fast right now. But I think he catches up with that over time. He is a guy that I think has an equal chance in about two years of being the guy making the play on sportscenter top 10, and equal chance of being the guy posterized on sportscenter top 10.

I'm going to have no expectations year one for him but year two is where I think he starts to shine as a piece on this roster. I hope he gets burn this year, but just think people need to temper expectations, and don't be in a hurry to define his career. Dude is another project on this roster.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#334 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:13 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:3 boards in 30 minutes is pretty weak for Thon.

I think he was worried he'd foul out without the ten foul rule. Seemed less aggressive under the hoop than prior games.

Plus some of these SL games are such strange aberrations. I don't think you can take too much from raw stats either way.

Ya some weird stuff. Like Maker being the best 3pt shooter on the team, making half the teams 3's tonight. 2/6 with a team overall 4/27....4/27!??! 14.8% I didn't know that was possible.
#FreeChuckDiesel
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#335 » by bizarro » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:16 am

M-C-G wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Thon has impressed me, but he is still like the original tecmo bowl. He still has 4 offensive plays, and if you call run when he runs, it looks ridiculous, if you call pass when he passes it looks ridiculous. But 25% of the time when you call pass on a running play it looks sweet.

Defense, I'd like to see him react faster, you can tell the game is too fast right now. But I think he catches up with that over time. He is a guy that I think has an equal chance in about two years of being the guy making the play on sportscenter top 10, and equal chance of being the guy posterized on sportscenter top 10.

I'm going to have no expectations year one for him but year two is where I think he starts to shine as a piece on this roster. I hope he gets burn this year, but just think people need to temper expectations, and don't be in a hurry to define his career. Dude is another project on this roster.

A lot of tools are there. He's long, runs like a deer, seems to have a high motor, hedges extremely well and recovers, already has some shot blocking ability. He clearly lacks strength, doesn't have the fine coordination offensively near the hoop, has an inconsistent shot form, easily gets bodied away from the hoop by bigger 5's etc. It could go either way. And, I can honestly sit here today and say: I agree with the pick. There's so much potential - not to mention pairing him with Giannis. I just hope we found another diamond in the rough...because, when you trade significant draft picks away with no real return you have to hit in the 1st round.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,499

Post#336 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:16 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I think he was worried he'd foul out without the ten foul rule. Seemed less aggressive under the hoop than prior games.

He dropped off rebounding-wise a lot in the 10 foul game, and I think a few of the ones he got were just from the implied position on free throws that were missed by the other team. I don't think the Cavs and D-League SL teams had much size. So he out-lengthed them, to overcome his strength disadvantage. Also played super hard in those games out of the gate. It was hard to sustain, even though he's still playing with good intensity.

His defense was excellent, in spite of the foul limit change. He made the adjustment to alter without over-committing. Altered a lot of shots, even though IIRC maybe he only technically blocked one. Problem was, as someone else mentioned, he was hunting constantly, even for ones he couldn't alter, so that was another reason for the rebounding reduction.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#337 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:18 am

Vaughn 3pt performances:

1/8, 3/6, 2/11, 1/5 total: 7/30 .233 Does Vaughn go to the same basketball offseason academy as MWC? :nonono:
#FreeChuckDiesel
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#338 » by Fotis St » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:18 am

Max Green wrote:Missed the game. Did Thon show why he has more potential then Jabari Parker?

Patience. Thon on a rookie year.
Jabari is expected to explode this year, it is his 3rd. Thon is a huge talent too. Thon has shown flashes to be a very dominant big. His body is not ready but his brain is GREAT, he is thinking just like Giannis. Giannis said " I want to be the best (player in the world)" Thon said "I want to be a Hall of Famer" ... I love this attitude, aggressive and focused on a goal. I haven't heard something similar from Parker. Maybe I am wrong but Giannis and Thon, cause of their past and being poor, they are more mature than Parker. They want harder to succeed. I love Parker's talent but I am waiting for him to explode this year. I am optimistic for all of them !!!
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#339 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:21 am

Jason Kidd should be told to shut the f*ck up by default if he ever tries interjecting on the scouting department. MCW, Vasquez, Vaughn. Gross.
Do it for Chuck
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#340 » by H2tObes » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:21 am

I'm just going to continue staying cautiously optimistic with Thon, he has a lot of qualities that normally translate to being a good player. Get him working with Suki and also give him some time to adjust to the speed of the game, he might be looking pretty menacing a year from now

Return to Milwaukee Bucks