Off Season Trade Ideas - BUCKS - Monroe Trade destinations pg 74

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Re: Off Season Trade Ideas - BUCKS - Monroe Trade destinations pg 74 

Post#1961 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Sep 5, 2016 9:54 pm

Tobes was better than Marquis Daniels.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#1962 » by raferfenix » Mon Sep 5, 2016 10:06 pm

Jrue Holiday's horrifying situation might have the Pelicans redoubling their efforts to deepen out their roster.

It wouldn't be as big of a deal if it didn't also come in combination to missing Tyreke Evans:

"He won't be ready for the start of the season," Gentry said in an interview with Zach Lowe. "He's in a rehab situation. I think for us we just gotta move forward with our season. And then, if he comes back and he's able to help us that's just icing on the cake."

And even if they do sign Lance Stephenson that is a whole lot to put on his shoulders.

Anyways not to suggest we unduly take advantage of tragedy but maybe our negotiation leverage has improved in trade talks with the Pelicans...

Could imagine that we have been holding out for New Orleans to include a protected pick (or haggling over the level of protection) as well as awaiting Evans' latest bill of health in a deal along these lines:

Bucks trade: MCW + Monroe
Pelicans trade: Protected pick + Tyreke + Ajinca (or Asik if we're seriously incentivized) + Pondexter (or Cunningham or other salary filler).
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,841

Post#1963 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Sep 6, 2016 12:54 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Tobes was better than Marquis Daniels.

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#1964 » by Jez2983 » Tue Sep 6, 2016 3:55 am

Wait, are people arguing whether Tobes was a wasted asset based on the fact he looks at best an average player now?

Holy hindsight Batman.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#1965 » by Ayt » Tue Sep 6, 2016 4:18 am

engelmartin wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:When does Tobias ending up an average player ever factor into the discussion of trading him 3 years ago? Like, don't get me wrong, it was still a dumb trade and all, but it was dumb because it was for a half-season rental of JJ Reddick, not because Tobias was more valuable or ended up a better player than JJ.

I agree that it doesn't matter, but I don't think Tobias is really even "average." Average is a little generous. He's probably middle of the pack for an athletically limited one dimensional bench small forward.

He's a bench small forward? He's going to start for the Pistons this year after starting 95% of his games the previous two years.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1966 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 6, 2016 8:04 am

I still think the Cavs would take MCW for their 2017 first or the rights to Cedi Osman.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#1967 » by Fotis St » Tue Sep 6, 2016 9:47 am

I wonder if Miami is on tank mode. If they are would they deal Dragic ? If they deal Dragic, could we trade for him ?
Is this possible ?

Henson + MCW + 2017, 2018 Bucks 2nds for Dragic ...

I am thinking to move Henson's contract to the PG position. If Dragic comes we are solid at PG for at least next 3 years.

What do you think ?

Dear God, I even thought Henson+MCW for the return of Brandon Knight ... but Logic comes back and say stop it. Intrigued by BK lead the 2nd squad, but this would create locker room problems from Knight demanding the starter roll. I don't know, 99% No for BK.

Brewer+Beverley for MCW+ Henson is a real good trade.

MCW for Hollis Thompson + 2018 Brooklyn and 2018 Sixers 2nd round picks is a good trade.

Could we target Bogdanovic from the NETS ... MCW + Vaughn + Bucks 2018 2nd for Bogdanovic ?
Bogdanovic as our backup SF would be awesome.

Do you think any of them has a chance ?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#1968 » by AussieBuck » Tue Sep 6, 2016 10:26 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I still think the Cavs would take MCW for their 2017 first or the rights to Cedi Osman.

If you really thought that you'd be calling the Bucks pretending to be the Heat and vice versa until you managed to get both parties to agree to the deal. Come on Chuck lift your game for the team.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,691

Post#1969 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 6, 2016 2:05 pm

The deal for Monroe is still there if LED wants to sign off on it. I just think that they're holding their cards tight and aren't going to settle for what they think is minimal value for him. I don't understand it, but I guess I'm not the one signing the checks.

:dontknow:
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1970 » by M-C-G » Tue Sep 6, 2016 2:39 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The deal for Monroe is still there if LED wants to sign off on it. I just think that they're holding their cards tight and aren't going to settle for what they think is minimal value for him. I don't understand it, but I guess I'm not the one signing the checks.

:dontknow:

Could be that he is just still in our plans...I mean he is an expensive back up, but if he comes out with the second unit and just destroys their back up bigs for 20 minutes a night, might be a win / win.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#1971 » by Fotis St » Tue Sep 6, 2016 2:45 pm

raferfenix wrote:Jrue Holiday's horrifying situation might have the Pelicans redoubling their efforts to deepen out their roster.

It wouldn't be as big of a deal if it didn't also come in combination to missing Tyreke Evans:

"He won't be ready for the start of the season," Gentry said in an interview with Zach Lowe. "He's in a rehab situation. I think for us we just gotta move forward with our season. And then, if he comes back and he's able to help us that's just icing on the cake."

And even if they do sign Lance Stephenson that is a whole lot to put on his shoulders.

Anyways not to suggest we unduly take advantage of tragedy but maybe our negotiation leverage has improved in trade talks with the Pelicans...

Could imagine that we have been holding out for New Orleans to include a protected pick (or haggling over the level of protection) as well as awaiting Evans' latest bill of health in a deal along these lines:

Bucks trade: MCW + Monroe
Pelicans trade: Protected pick + Tyreke + Ajinca (or Asik if we're seriously incentivized) + Pondexter (or Cunningham or other salary filler).

Pelicans have the 2017 Sixer's 2nd. Definately in the deal.

MCW + Monroe for Tyreke + Pondexter + Sixer's 2017 2nd and Pelicans 2017 1st top 4 protected.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,691

Post#1972 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 6, 2016 2:49 pm

There's no way the Pelicans give up a top-4 protected 1st when they will, in all likelihood, be a fringe-playoff/late-lottery team at best. Make it a lottery protected 1st and maybe they bite.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks