ImageImage

2016-2017 Gambling Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: 2016-2017 Gambling Thread 

Post#41 » by Nowak008 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:00 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Warriors/Cavs/Utah today.

I am rolling with the Spurs. +9 is way too many points. Love the under 213 in that game too. Hopefully my bias against the Warriors doesn't sink me.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#42 » by AussieBuck » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Warriors/Cavs/Utah today.

I am rolling with the Spurs. +9 is way too many points. Love the under 213 in that game too. Hopefully my bias against the Warriors doesn't sink me.

I'm playing catch up as preseason was during the busiest period of my life thus far but I have 3 months off now to watch NBA. Looking forward to seeing how teams guard GSW. Curry not getting constantly trapped by the D is going to be frightening.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
hakjak
Junior
And1: 202

Post#43 » by hakjak » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:01 am

Parlay: CLE -9.5, SA +8.5, SA/GS Over 211.5. Got the 1st one.
'it's not when you come, it's how hard you come'

-Doris Burke 2/28/21
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,148

Post#44 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:48 am

The Cant Lose Bet of 2017

Bovada goofed. They have an over under bet on home runs for Brad Mills, a crummy hitting pitcher. They meant Brad Miller, a SS who hit 30 dongs last season.

I signed up, spent some time on the phone with their customer support and my bank, used a 50% first deposit bonus, and placed a futures bet that would cover a month's rent.

I'm expecting them to cancel the bet, because of course, but **** it. Shoot your shot.

ETA: Aaaaannnnnd yup, cancelled. Was a fun little dream for a night.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,991

Post#45 » by sidney lanier » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:The Cant Lose Bet of 2017

Bovada goofed. They have an over under bet on home runs for Brad Mills, a crummy hitting pitcher. They meant Brad Miller, a SS who hit 30 dongs last season.

I signed up, spent some time on the phone with their customer support and my bank, used a 50% first deposit bonus, and placed a futures bet that would cover a month's rent.

I'm expecting them to cancel the bet, because of course, but **** it. Shoot your shot.

Good story, and a good catch. I wonder whether you would have gotten your bet down had you sent it in in bite-size chunks less likely to attract their attention. Of course they could have still pulled the rug out by saying it's a bet on who they thought they meant, since they can do whatever the hell they want in an unregulated environment.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,148

Post#46 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:34 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:The Cant Lose Bet of 2017

Good story, and a good catch. I wonder whether you would have gotten your bet down had you sent it in in bite-size chunks less likely to attract their attention. Of course they could have still pulled the rug out by saying it's a bet on who they thought they meant, since they can do whatever the hell they want in an unregulated environment.

Yea, I was mildly worried that might happen. But they simply put the money back in my account, and I did a withdrawal this morning for the full amount. Check is on its way, no harm no foul.

Still wanna get back into some minor gambling at some point, just probably not for MLB.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks