ImageImage

Bucks media day discussion thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Re: Bucks media day discussion thread 

Post#201 » by Badgerlander » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:09 pm

not surprised at all that Mosse isnt gone, Hammonds loves him some guys playing in a contract year
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#202 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:10 pm

Hoping we get some reports from training camp today.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#FreeChuckDiesel
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,843

Post#203 » by tydett » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:26 pm

@WojVerticalNBA: Word out of Milwaukee Training Camp: Rashad Vaughn continues to be a terrible basketball player.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,068

Post#204 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:40 pm

tydett wrote:@WojVerticalNBA: Word out of Milwaukee Training Camp: Rashad Vaughn continues to be a terrible basketball player.

Terry and Delly will be your starters.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#205 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:41 pm

Don't think that tweet is real. I really doubt Terry starts, guessing Vaughn or Brogdon.
tydett
General Manager

Post#206 » by tydett » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Oh no, it was a totally made up tweet.

That being said, with Midds down, I'd rather roll out StreetLife at SG than Vaughn, so Terry probably isn't a bad option.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#207 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 pm

tydett wrote:Oh no, it was a totally made up tweet.

That being said, with Midds down, I'd rather roll out StreetLife at SG than Vaughn, so Terry probably isn't a bad option.

Couldn't disagree more. Find out what you have. Good chance you have nothing but starting Terry does nothing for you long or short term.
Do it for Chuck
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,375

Post#208 » by M-C-G » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Don't think that tweet is real. I really doubt Terry starts, guessing Vaughn or Brogdon.

I love Brog being in the second unit in the "all perimeter D to free the Moose" line up...MCW, Brog Dog, Giannis, Mirza, Moose...I think that line up will give teams fits. Don't put Moose in a position where he has to provide help D, plus give him some shot blocking help in Giannis and just let him beast
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#209 » by M-C-G » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:06 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:

Couldn't disagree more. Find out what you have. Good chance you have nothing but starting Terry does nothing for you long or short term.

Way too early for people to up in Vaughn's jock strap...but wait and advanced metric said he was the worst player of all time and he is already 42 days past turning 20. His development years are well behind him.

I'm not saying he will or won't be anything, but the amount of absolutes about his career on this board is so laughable. Here is to hoping he is busting his ass, hitting his threes and making some of you look foolish as hell. I think we can all agree on that part.
tydett
General Manager

Post#210 » by tydett » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:10 pm

M-C-G wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

Way too early for people to up in Vaughn's jock strap...but wait and advanced metric said he was the worst player of all time and he is already 42 days past turning 20. His development years are well behind him.

I'm not saying he will or won't be anything, but the amount of absolutes about his career on this board is so laughable. Here is to hoping he is busting his ass, hitting his threes and making some of you look foolish as hell. I think we can all agree on that part.

I am all down for being wrong and would gladly eat crow if Vaughn managed to get a second contract from a team. I just saw nothing last year except not-terrible defense to justify him having a spot on the NBA roster, and with our lord and savior JOB gone, we need a new whipping boy.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#211 » by M-C-G » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:21 pm

tydett wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

I am all down for being wrong and would gladly eat crow if Vaughn managed to get a second contract from a team. I just saw nothing last year except not-terrible defense to justify him having a spot on the NBA roster, and with our lord and savior JOB gone, we need a new whipping boy.

Plenty of money tied up between Monroe and Plumlee and Henson for those looking to pine. Vaughn was a back half of the first round pick, second youngest player in the league, and dicked around with PT and had no real role until after he had completely hit the wall and lost his confidence. Don't get me wrong, the onus is on him, but I don't understand why he has gotten such a short leash from a board that has an irrational love for young players and building through the draft. Doesn't compute

Oh and Beasley is the answer to the question nobody asks
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 166

Post#212 » by Istanbullus » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:31 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
stellation wrote:He's lived in Widesconsin for a couple of months now, it was bound to happen.

This was the healthy stuff:

I come home for a week to WI, and I gain 5 pounds. :lol:

Last summer I went back twice and I think I gained 10 pounds.

I'm going to work to try to work out the next 2 months to burn it off, only to probably gain it back when I come home for Thanksgiving.

It is just as soon as I'm in WI territory I immediately start craving a KOPS burger, and end up eating half dozen brats before my trip is over while chugging down some spotted Cow.

You can take the Wisconsinite out of Wisconsin, but you can't take the Wisconsin out of the Wisconsinite. OK I'm headed to the bubbler, BRB.

A month every summer home for me equals 5 pounds: blueberry pie with whip cream and local vanilla ice cream, 3 different beers a day starting at 11am, five-cheese toasted cheese sandwiches, fish fries and grape nuts. A stoner like Beasley could really balloon up.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#213 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:35 pm

@WojVerticalNBA: Word out of Milwaukee Training Camp: Rashad Vaughn continues to be a terrible basketball player.

LUKE23 wrote:Don't think that tweet is real. I really doubt Terry starts, guessing Vaughn or Brogdon.

I dunno man, sounds like Woj to me...
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#214 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:45 pm

M-C-G wrote:

I love Brog being in the second unit in the "all perimeter D to free the Moose" line up...MCW, Brog Dog, Giannis, Mirza, Moose...I think that line up will give teams fits. Don't put Moose in a position where he has to provide help D, plus give him some shot blocking help in Giannis and just let him beast

Thought I heard before Mirza was not a good defender, is he at least passable?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#215 » by Max Green » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:58 pm

tydett wrote:@WojVerticalNBA: Word out of Milwaukee Training Camp: Rashad Vaughn continues to be a terrible basketball player.

No chance Woj even knows who Vaughn is.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#216 » by M-C-G » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:09 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

The defense is centered around MCW, Brog and Giannis...I expect Mirza to be similar impact to Ersan. He wasn't a good defender but gave effort and played smart defense for the most part.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#217 » by Badgerlander » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,827

Post#218 » by Prez » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:25 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

The defense is centered around MCW, Brog and Giannis...I expect Mirza to be similar impact to Ersan. He wasn't a good defender but gave effort and played smart defense for the most part.

I remember a Suns fan coming over here and mentioning something similar to this. How Mirza's lateral quickness definitely hurt him a bit in man D, but his instincts, ability to play in a 5 man scheme, effort are all solid. Also mentioned that his defensive metrics are bad, but might be a bit skewed by how awful the team was overall. If you put the right guys around him it'll be fine imo.

I think we could even rest both GA/JP and get away with it, I'd be interested to see a 3 guard lineup with Delly/MCW/Brog, Mirza and maybe Henson. Perimeter defense would be great, have rim protection, enough shooting, and a trio of ball handlers to split the role.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,750

Post#219 » by emunney » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:32 pm

M-C-G wrote:
tydett wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Plenty of money tied up between Monroe and Plumlee and Henson for those looking to pine. Vaughn was a back half of the first round pick, second youngest player in the league, and dicked around with PT and had no real role until after he had completely hit the wall and lost his confidence. Don't get me wrong, the onus is on him, but I don't understand why he has gotten such a short leash from a board that has an irrational love for young players and building through the draft. Doesn't compute

What does being young mean if you're terrible? Anybody can be young and terrible, as long as they're young.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tydett
General Manager

Post#220 » by tydett » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:20 pm

emunney wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
tydett wrote:

What does being young mean if you're terrible? Anybody can be young and terrible, as long as they're young.

Hey man, Anthony Randolph is still only just 27.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks