Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Re: MCW traded for Tony Snell - Deal Done 

Post#1161 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:46 am

Grades for major moves in 2015:

Knight for MCW, Plumlee, Ennis -- F. I wouldn't have graded this deal an F if I didn't know the Lakers pick was out there. But it was.
Drafting Rashad Vaughn - F. I don't see this guy ever getting it
1st/2nd rounders for Vasquez - F
Dumping ZaZa, Ersan and Dudley for almost nothing - Could have been an A or an F depending on what they did with the extra cash and PT. - D
Signing Moose - C. He's doing great now but he's not able to be a two-way starting center.
Middleton contract - A
Henson contract - D

Grade major moves for 2016:
Drafting Thon - Incomplete. Could be an A through D.
Drafting Brogdon - A
Signing Delly C+
Signing Telly C+
Signing Plumlee F
Trading MCW for Snell - A
Trading Ennis for Beasley - B
Trading Plumlee for Hawes/Hibbert - A (but it can't outweigh the derp of the contract given out six-months prior)

I'd take some issues with the 2016 moves, but on balance they are pretty defensible and decent. The 2015 derp is what might someday cost the team a shot at the title in hindsight. Don't know.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,788

Post#1162 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:51 am

You're forgetting the Henson extension as well.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#1163 » by blazza18 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:57 am

I forgot about the trade exceptions. I take it Hammond did as well?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#1164 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:05 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:You're forgetting the Henson extension as well.

I added it in above. Gave it a D. You can give it an F but think the Henson one was slightly more defensible than Plumlee's.

imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#1165 » by imithanos » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:30 am

The 2015 trades stink of Kidd.
No hay banda.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Re: RE: Re: MCW traded for Tony Snell - Deal Done 

Post#1166 » by Fotis St » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:59 am

Prince12 wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

According to spotrac, here are the ten teams that have positive cap room for next season as we sit today

Philadelphia 76ers $31,947,790
Brooklyn Nets $26,425,090
Denver Nuggets $23,874,456
Phoenix Suns $22,566,250
Los Angeles Lakers $17,149,868
Minnesota Timberwolves $8,547,080
Chicago Bulls $7,471,074
Indiana Pacers $7,043,501
Houston Rockets $2,695,601
Dallas Mavericks $1,466,734

I think Sixers, Nets, Nuggets, Suns, Lakers and the Wolves would all be potential matches (Wolves with Thibs, will have to add some cap I guess)

This must be without player and team options. For example, we'll have cap space if Monroe and Hawes opt out. There could be a lot of that around the league.

Yep, unless im off here if Moose and Hawes opt out we will have around $24 million right there. Im all for Moose staying but I guess the question is wether you think you can sign Snell and then a good Moose replacement with that 24. Clearly a major goal has to be move 2 or hopefully all 3 of Delly, Telly and Henson to get some more breathing room.

I would rather pay Snell and Beasley than Monroe
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#1167 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 am

blazza18 wrote:I forgot about the trade exceptions. I take it Hammond did as well?

He's saving them for RFA's.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#1168 » by Prince12 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 am

Rather Beas and Snell then Moose. Weird cause we havnt even noticed that Beas has been gone and sure Snell has been great but we would be literally **** without Moose given the other Centers on the roster. If you're gonna let Moose go then you better find a good replacement or we are taking a slide next season.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#1169 » by Chapter29 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:55 am

emunney wrote:1. I like Snell and would like to keep him.
2. He is not irreplaceable.
3. Your chances of replacing him with a 2nd round pick are bad.
4. I am scared of what he'll get in FA.
5. I am mad that we are at a point where budget concerns are going to make us break up a 43 win team.

Yeah. Sums it up for me as well.
Giannis
is
UponUs
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#1170 » by JackSIKMA43 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:You're forgetting the Henson extension as well.

Henson makes 12 million a year, and Telly makes 10 million, while Giannis makes 3 million. :roll:
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#1171 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Prez wrote:We didn't just not extend Dudley for the **** of it. It had a lot to do with his back injury and impending surgery, which Dudley himself has said.

Letting Dudley move on in order to create more forward time for Jabari and Giannis for that matter was fine. Especially with Dudley's health problems. That was a defensible move at that time.

The problem were all the other moves they made that offseason.

not defensible to me and this is easily the worst one in retrospect. Dudley was never going to compete for time with Giannis and parker. he was the only other forward we had on the team and that's not even to mention he could play the 2 as well.

read the trade thread I posted. at the time this was the move most regretted of all those moves that summer. hardly anybody thought this made much sense. maybe the Vasquez move was worst to a lot of you but not respecting what Dudley could have done for us and resiging him for 6-7 mil for 2-3 years was moron city
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1172 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:15 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Prez wrote:We didn't just not extend Dudley for the **** of it. It had a lot to do with his back injury and impending surgery, which Dudley himself has said.

Letting Dudley move on in order to create more forward time for Jabari and Giannis for that matter was fine. Especially with Dudley's health problems. That was a defensible move at that time.

not defensible to me and this is easily the worst one in retrospect. Dudley was never going to compete for time with Giannis and parker. he was the only other forward we had on the team and that's not even to mention he could play the 2 as well.

read the trade thread I posted. at the time this was the move most regretted of all those moves that summer. hardly anybody thought this made much sense. maybe the Vasquez move was worst to a lot of you but not respecting what Dudley could have done for us and resiging him for 6-7 mil for 2-3 years was moron city

I majorly agree with this...the other guys, it hurt to lose, but Dudley wanted to be here, was willing to resign a deal in retrospect that would have been very team friendly, he helped our guys on and off the court and brought so much more to the team than just his play. HUGE mistake trading him and huge mistake for not bringing him back.
Presence
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#1173 » by Presence » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:41 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Grades for major moves in 2015:

Knight for MCW, Plumlee, Ennis -- F. I wouldn't have graded this deal an F if I didn't know the Lakers pick was out there. But it was.
Drafting Rashad Vaughn - F. I don't see this guy ever getting it
1st/2nd rounders for Vasquez - F
Dumping ZaZa, Ersan and Dudley for almost nothing - Could have been an A or an F depending on what they did with the extra cash and PT. - D
Signing Moose - C. He's doing great now but he's not able to be a two-way starting center.
Middleton contract - A
Henson contract - D

Grade major moves for 2016:
Drafting Thon - Incomplete. Could be an A through D.
Drafting Brogdon - A
Signing Delly C+
Signing Telly C+
Signing Plumlee F
Trading MCW for Snell - A
Trading Ennis for Beasley - B
Trading Plumlee for Hawes/Hibbert - A (but it can't outweigh the derp of the contract given out six-months prior)

I'd take some issues with the 2016 moves, but on balance they are pretty defensible and decent. The 2015 derp is what might someday cost the team a shot at the title in hindsight. Don't know.

Not including Giannis' contract?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1174 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:09 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I thought it was the right move. And honestly, Washington didn't want him back. He played mostly PF and got killed on the boards and on defense.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#1175 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Love how we always link assets back to the original deal when it's convenient. I mean, we turned Brandon Jennings into Khris Middleton, Tony Snell, Michael Beasley, and Spencer Hawes. End of **** story.

A+

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#1176 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:25 pm

imithanos wrote:The 2015 trades stink of Kidd.

Yep. But the official company line is that Hammond was the GM during that entire time and calling the shots.

The reality is you look at that arc of acquisitions from MCW to Greivis to Vaughn and that really was the wipeout point that hopefully has now been cleaned up with Kidd moved further out from personnel decisions.

Just have to now get Hammond to figure out how to draft/sign value big-men and maybe we're on our way.

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#1177 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:29 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Love how we always link assets back to the original deal when it's convenient. I mean, we turned Brandon Jennings into Khris Middleton, Tony Snell, Michael Beasley, and Spencer Hawes. End of **** story.

A+

Without fail. Every time.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#1178 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:32 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Love how we always link assets back to the original deal when it's convenient. I mean, we turned Brandon Jennings into Khris Middleton, Tony Snell, Michael Beasley, and Spencer Hawes. End of **** story.

A+

There's always an ace card in the deck though.....loss of the Giannis draft pick saved only by the incompetence of Danny Ferry.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/21/4014574/josh-smith-nba-trade-deadline-hawks-bucks

HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,772

Post#1179 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:38 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

A+

There's always an ace card in the deck though.....loss of the Giannis draft pick saved only by the incompetence of Danny Ferry.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/21/4014574/josh-smith-nba-trade-deadline-hawks-bucks

I mean at some point you have to only count the things that happened not the things that didn't happen. Do you give Hammond less credit for Giannis because a bunch of other teams chose to pass on him?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#1180 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:48 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
I mean at some point you have to only count the things that happened not the things that didn't happen. Do you give Hammond less credit for Giannis because a bunch of other teams chose to pass on him?

I'm giving Larry Drew some credit on Giannis. We hired him in May of 2013. He let on to Hammond that Ferry had the hots for this kid in Greece.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks