ImageImage

Waivers watch

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Re: Waivers watch 

Post#221 » by Steve210 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:26 pm

I'm still hoping the Bucks make a waiver claim for either Hunter or Goodwin, but I doubt they will. Novak in my opinion can help this team just as much as being an asst. coach as he actually would be in uniform.

Some interesting comments from the Suns GM on Goodwin:

“It’s tough for us, for me personally,” McDonough added. “We had him for over three years. He’s improved as a player. He got a lot stronger. His shot has improved. He’s still got some work to do with the shooting. He’s really good in the open court. He’s excellent in transition in getting to the rim. Sometimes, a fresh start for a young guy can be a good thing, especially when he’s somewhat blocked like Archie was here. He’s still so young [22] so I hope that other teams keep that in mind.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/10/24/gm-ryan-mcdonough-makes-tough-phoenix-suns-roster-calls/92709208/

Goodwin reminds of a Jamal Crawford type, a guard that can score....kind of like Jason Terry 8 or 9 seasons ago. I'll be curious to see how soon Hunter and Goodwin get claimed?
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#222 » by Badgerlander » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:49 pm

Chasson Randle please
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#223 » by Tfence92 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Steve210 wrote:I'm still hoping the Bucks make a waiver claim for either Hunter or Goodwin, but I doubt they will. Novak in my opinion can help this team just as much as being an asst. coach as he actually would be in uniform.

“It’s tough for us, for me personally,” McDonough added. “We had him for over three years. He’s improved as a player. He got a lot stronger. His shot has improved. He’s still got some work to do with the shooting. He’s really good in the open court. He’s excellent in transition in getting to the rim. Sometimes, a fresh start for a young guy can be a good thing, especially when he’s somewhat blocked like Archie was here. He’s still so young [22] so I hope that other teams keep that in mind.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/10/24/gm-ryan-mcdonough-makes-tough-phoenix-suns-roster-calls/92709208/

Goodwin reminds of a Jamal Crawford type, a guard that can score
....kind of like Jason Terry 8 or 9 seasons ago. I'll be curious to see how soon Hunter and Goodwin get claimed?

Except Crawford is one of the better shooters in the nba..?
Steve210
Pro Prospect

Post#224 » by Steve210 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:15 pm

Tfence92 wrote:
Steve210 wrote:I'm still hoping the Bucks make a waiver claim for either Hunter or Goodwin, but I doubt they will. Novak in my opinion can help this team just as much as being an asst. coach as he actually would be in uniform.

....kind of like Jason Terry 8 or 9 seasons ago. I'll be curious to see how soon Hunter and Goodwin get claimed?

Crawford's Career FG% .410 3P%.349
Goodwin's Career FG% .419 3P% .227

Goodwin is 22...I think if given the opportunity, his numbers will improve, he was blocked by all the other guards on the Suns Roster. Low risk, potentially high reward type of move.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#225 » by machu46 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:26 pm

Steve210 wrote:
Tfence92 wrote:

Goodwin is 22...I think if given the opportunity, his numbers will improve, he was blocked by all the other guards on the Suns Roster. Low risk, potentially high reward type of move.

35% on horrific shot selection is lightyears ahead of Goodwin's 23% on 3's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#226 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Steve210 wrote:
Tfence92 wrote:

Yep, that's my thought as well. I mean he shot 40% from 3 in the pre season, I think it was only like 8 attempts or so, but if you aren't taking chances and young, super athletic players that were blocked, who are you taking them on?
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#227 » by Badgerlander » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:42 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Steve210 wrote:
Tfence92 wrote:

Yep, that's my thought as well. I mean he shot 40% from 3 in the pre season, I think it was only like 8 attempts or so, but if you aren't taking chances and young, super athletic players that were blocked, who are you taking them on?

actual basketball players

Shams Charania
Goodwin missed 136 of 176 career 3-point attempts in Phoenix. Totaled more TOs than assists through three seasons.

Spoiler:

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#228 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:54 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Steve210 wrote:

Shams Charania
Goodwin missed 136 of 176 career 3-point attempts in Phoenix. Totaled more TOs than assists through three seasons.

Gotta take chances on young guys, especially ones that have only had one stop. Give our staff a chance to look to see if they can turn him in to something. There is no risk in this case, unless they think they can find someone better, which if so, go for it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#229 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Archie Goodwin is basically if you took Bismack Biyombo, placed him in a guard's body, and took away most of his defensive skills/IQ....

Dude literally has no basketball skills outside of being able to jump really high.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#230 » by Badgerlander » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:05 pm

M-C-G wrote: unless they think they can find someone better

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chasson-Randle-6265/stats/

in four years at Stanford 304/787 38.6% 3pt on 5.5 attempts per game .566ts%

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#231 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Badgerlander wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If they think he either has more of a role or higher realizable potential than Archie, so be it. Just not sure a 6'2 4 year SG is the guy, but if he sign him up.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#232 » by Badgerlander » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:26 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If they think he either has more of a role or higher realizable potential than Archie, so be it. Just not sure a 6'2 4 year SG is the guy, but if he sign him up.

PG

Knicks’ young point guard picks up two major endorsements

Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek appears overjoyed the Knicks landed point guard Chasson Randle in August after he became July’s summer-league sensation in Orlando.

According to an NBA source, Randle chose the Knicks over Oklahoma City and signed to a partially guaranteed deal. That’s a good sign because Thunder general manager Sam Presti is considered one of the league’s top talent evaluators.

Randle, who played in the Czech Republic last season after going undrafted in 2015, is well on his way to earning a roster spot. He starred in Saturday’s preseason win over the Nets (14 points, 3 of 5 from 3-point range, three steals, two assists in 20 minutes). On Monday, in a 90-88 win, he got a key last-minute rebound and broke out on the fast break that led to a Marshall Plumlee stuff. He also created a jump ball, tying up John Wall on a drive, though he committed three turnovers.

“It’s not over,” Randle said. “I can’t look too far ahead. Coming into training camp, I wanted to come in and be aggressive and bring a great attitude. I can’t look too far ahead, and I won’t.”

The signal of Hornacek’s affection for Randle, who ran the triangle at Stanford for coach Johnny Dawkins, is he praised his defensive skills most. Add Carmelo Anthony’s ringing endorsement and Randle looks like a keeper.

“He has a good understanding how to play it, where the shots are, but the bigger thing is he has great hands, gets low on defense,’’ Hornacek said Monday. “Offensively, he understands what’s going on, but defensively is where, as a point guard, it’s tough playing some of these guys, get over screens, does a great job getting his hands on balls, he recovers, got long arms. He may not be that tall, but he’s got long arms. He’s just a smooth player, doesn’t press, lets the game come to him.”

Randle will stick if Anthony has a say.

“I love him,” Anthony said. “I just love his poise out there, the way he controls the game, controls the basketball. He can push the pace. He can slow it down. I think you guys would love him, too, the more that you see him play.”

Spoiler:

wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#233 » by wichmae » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:07 pm

IM fairly certain I read somewhere that Randle has a lucrative deal to go overseas. Ill see if I can find it.
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#234 » by Tfence92 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Steve210 wrote:

Shams Charania

I once hit 5 threes in a row playing pickup basketball... yet I would have to say anyone guarding me 20 feet from the hoop has a lower basketball IQ than B-easy.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#235 » by Badgerlander » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:08 pm

wichmae wrote:IM fairly certain I read somewhere that Randle has a lucrative deal to go overseas. Ill see if I can find it.

He would be still under contract if we claimed him, just sayin

Spoiler:

Steve210
Pro Prospect

Post#236 » by Steve210 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Well we can cross R.J. Hunter off our wish list...

Bulls Reportedly Agree To Deal With R.J. Hunter Days After Celtics Waive Him

http://nesn.com/2016/10/bulls-reportedly-agree-to-deal-with-r-j-hunter-days-after-celtics-waive-him/
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#237 » by tski1972 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:40 pm

Steve210 wrote:Well we can cross R.J. Hunter off our wish list...

Bulls Reportedly Agree To Deal With R.J. Hunter Days After Celtics Waive Him

http://nesn.com/2016/10/bulls-reportedly-agree-to-deal-with-r-j-hunter-days-after-celtics-waive-him/

If the Bucks have a list, I'd hope Hunter wasn't on it.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes

Return to Milwaukee Bucks