ImageImage

Lowe: Bucks preparing for Monroe to opt IN.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,788

Re: Lowe: Bucks preparing for Monroe to opt IN. 

Post#81 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:39 pm

What an unfortunate use of max cap space.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#82 » by Shaffty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:39 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Agreed, we need less rim protection on this roster and we need more playing time for worse fitting options. That is our only chance.

Fit doesn't matter if the guy in question blows donkey balls. Henson can't be counted on, we have had 4 years of proof of this. Lets find a sucker to take him on.

Team performance when a guy is on the court is really all that matters...
MCW, Midds, Parker, Giannis, Henson +36
MCW, Mayo, Midds, Parker, Henson +11
MCW, Mayo, Midds, Giannis, Henson +13

MCW, Midds, Parker, Giannis, Monroe -69
MCW, Mayo, Midds, Parker, Monroe +3
MCW, Mayo, Midds, Giannis, Monroe -5

It's not very hard to see where a flawed player supplements the 4 players he is playing more than their individual talents. Nobody considers Delly or Dudley really talented players, but everyone can see how what they bring to the court makes the line up better. I think Henson while more frustrating to the fan base is this same kind of limited player but works with our core.

show me them MPGS
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#83 » by M-C-G » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Shaffty wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
Fit doesn't matter if the guy in question blows donkey balls. Henson can't be counted on, we have had 4 years of proof of this. Lets find a sucker to take him on.

Team performance when a guy is on the court is really all that matters...
MCW, Midds, Parker, Giannis, Henson +36
MCW, Mayo, Midds, Parker, Henson +11
MCW, Mayo, Midds, Giannis, Henson +13

MCW, Midds, Parker, Giannis, Monroe -69
MCW, Mayo, Midds, Parker, Monroe +3
MCW, Mayo, Midds, Giannis, Monroe -5

It's not very hard to see where a flawed player supplements the 4 players he is playing more than their individual talents. Nobody considers Delly or Dudley really talented players, but everyone can see how what they bring to the court makes the line up better. I think Henson while more frustrating to the fan base is this same kind of limited player but works with our core.

show me them MPGS

I mentioned in other posts that the sample sizes are small but those are the samples we have from last year. Which means you go to the eye test, and it isn't hard to see why having a shot blocking rim protector playing along side Parker makes a hell of a lot of sense.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Re: RE: Re: Lowe: Bucks preparing for Monroe to opt IN. 

Post#84 » by BobbyLight » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:41 pm

emunney wrote:And that was AFTER he got into it with Born Ready. Playoff Henson just showed up out of nowhere in garbage time of a meaningless March game to **** on them both. It was the best.

I wish there was a way to consistently piss Henson off. He had a game early in the year where he was clearly not happy with whatever Kyle O'Quin was doing and he had 22 points on 12 shots with 3 blocks.

Playoff/pissed Henson is really pretty fantastic and exactly what this team needs at center. It's just a shame we rarely see that version of him.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using RealGM mobile app
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,676

Post#85 » by chonestown » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:43 pm

M-C-G wrote:Giving Hammond more time is the new 7 foot super athlete immigration plan more time

Thon been here less than 100 days, tho.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: RE: Re: Lowe: Bucks preparing for Monroe to opt IN. 

Post#86 » by M-C-G » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:43 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
emunney wrote:And that was AFTER he got into it with Born Ready. Playoff Henson just showed up out of nowhere in garbage time of a meaningless March game to **** on them both. It was the best.

I wish there was a way to consistently piss Henson off. He had a game early in the year where he was clearly not happy with whatever Kyle O'Quin was doing and he had 22 points on 12 shots with 3 blocks.

Playoff/pissed Henson is really pretty fantastic and exactly what this team needs at center. It's just a shame we rarely see that version of him.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using RealGM mobile app

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#87 » by Siefer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Henson's Jekyll and Hyde play is maddening. That dude has it in him to be so much of what we need.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#88 » by H2tObes » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:52 pm

I don't think Heneson has gotten a fair opportunity with this starting lineup. I agree with M-C-G that we really look at our best with Henson playing with the core.

We really need to move Monroe, Plumlee/Henson can be a decent center rotation. The fact of the matter is if Monroe is on the team he will end up playing with Jabari and it always causes our team defense to be pathetic. Monroe can simply not be on the court with Jabari Parker.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#89 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:56 pm

I don't care about artificially inflating a guys' trade value. I care about putting the right pieces around Jabari and Giannis that speed up their development and compliment their play best. I don't understand why people think that getting a slightly better mediocre asset out of Monroe is more important than playing two guys (Plumlee, Henson) that compliment Giannis and Jabari better.

Monroe is fine coming off the bench because you need some easy offense from the 2nd unit. Any asset you get out of him is a win anyways, and if he looks good for a winning team coming off the bench he'll still have value.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#90 » by Prez » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:56 pm

If we don't trade him, I'd like to see Henson start a couple games early on, Delly-Snell-JP-GA-Henson is intriguing defensively.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#91 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Everyone knows what Monroe is. Pumping his value does nothing unless we come out of the gate and win like 25-30 games before the all star break.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#92 » by tski1972 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 pm

I don't believe an organization that pays Miles Plumlee 4/52 has the foresight to prepare for Monroe to opt in.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
milweskee
Starter
And1: 331

Post#93 » by milweskee » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:09 pm

tski1972 wrote:I don't believe an organization that pays Miles Plumlee 4/52 has the foresight to prepare for Monroe to opt in.

Ummmm..... #ownthedistantfuture?
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#94 » by H2tObes » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:10 pm

The crazy part is that there were quite a few contracts given out this summer that were worse than Plumlees. He is a decent fit with our lineup but you have to let him walk if he wants that type of money, especially if you already have 2 centers on the roster. Pretty much confirms the fact that our FO is still ****
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#95 » by Siefer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:13 pm

tski1972 wrote:I don't believe an organization that pays Miles Plumlee 4/52 has the foresight to prepare for Monroe to opt in.

Every time I think about that Plumlee deal...

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#96 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Not taking that Dwight Howard deal was stupid. An expiring for Monroe was a god send.

That being said, if there's any hope of fixing our abomination at center, Henson has got to be moved now if possible. Another year of John Henson being John Henson and teams will likely shy away. Smart teams should have by now. Guy has zero desire and hasn't improved since his rookie season. Worst case, Monroe is here another year. Plumlee is here at least 3 more years. That contract is amongst the worst considering the circumstances on how and why it was offered.
Do it for Chuck
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#97 » by JEIS » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:46 pm

H2tObes wrote:The crazy part is that there were quite a few contracts given out this summer that were worse than Plumlees. He is a decent fit with our lineup but you have to let him walk if he wants that type of money, especially if you already have 2 centers on the roster. Pretty much confirms the fact that our FO is still ****

I think the front office thought Giannis to Plumlee worked well last year in the limited time point Giannis was on the floor with him. Plumlee can get up and down the floor better than Moose and Henson. I am pretty sure I remember there were some advanced stats out there that show he was in the top 2 or 3 in some semi importantish stat high comp % per., Monroe sucked bad for us last year... Henson doesn't show up most of the time and Thon is a rookie... The Bucks didn't really have the luxury to let Plumlee go. He was kind of needed. We overpaid, but we didn't have a great option to replace him with. His contract is unfortunately based on what He could do for the Bucks given the opportunity, not on what He already did for us. He will likely start, actually play, not be a headcase, not get kicked out of the league for drugs, not say google me slime, say he has it all, or wants to play in New york while under contract... He is a solid person... which is what the Bucks seem for the most part to be what the Bucks are bringing in. The cap shot up and he was over paid... Delly and Telly look like way better deals, but it isn't like Plumlee is being paid 17 mil and a back up and a poor fit.

The sad part about our team is most of the players have severe flaws in their game.

Henson can basically Block and do a hook shot.
Monroe can score and defends like Gooden
Giannis can defend and score taking it to the hoop, but couldn't shoot.
Jabari could shoot but couldn't defend
Plumlee can dunk not shoot or defend all that well.
Telly is a three point shooter... not a good defender.

Delladova is probably the most well rounded player we have on our roster. Can do a little of everything

Middleton was another well rounded player

Our team can be really good if Kidd can utilize their strengths and mask their weaknesses.

The front office also likely planned on trading Monroe when they signed Plumlee. However they might feel like his scoring is unfortunately now need with Khris being out.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#98 » by El Duderino » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:24 pm

H2tObes wrote:The crazy part is that there were quite a few contracts given out this summer that were worse than Plumlees. He is a decent fit with our lineup but you have to let him walk if he wants that type of money, especially if you already have 2 centers on the roster. Pretty much confirms the fact that our FO is still ****

At the very least, force Plumlee to get an offer like that from another team first given he was a RFA.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#99 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:01 am

A) I still can't believe we are paying Plumlee $13M/yr.

B) How is this news that Monroe would opt in? Of course he would. The NBA has moved away from Monroe'a style of play and thus his value is super low. He wouldn't get paid more next year from anyone else so of course he'll take his check from us.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#100 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:18 am

"Monroe will never opt in" they said. "Hold onto Monroe, his value will increase" they said.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks