ImageImage

Centre Trade Watch: Then there were 5.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Re: Center Trade Watch 

Post#821 » by Fotis St » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:27 pm

MiMicc0 wrote:Would Nurkic or T.Chandler be good targets?

Nurkic just had a mental breakdown ... from a double double machine ... on fire at the start of this season ... to the backup role less minutes ... really bad perfomance ... TO machine

That is all about Jokic ... who didn't perform well as a 4 next to Nurkic, and forced his way out of the starting lineup, a complete mess by their coach.

Now Jokic is playing well and Nurkic looks like trash...

My best safer option would be Vucevic ...

Pros : On a good deal, stretches the floor for G n J, a good rebounder, good age, mentally tough (has earned his minutes next to Biyombo and Ibaka)
Cons: No rim protection, Monroe's level defensively.

Just think of him as a Monroe without clogging the lane but shooting jumpers from mid range. He would fit great here.
It would be an upgrade offensively that our team needs at the C.

So if somehow we can swap Monroe for him or ideally Henson ... I would be really happy and the Bucks could start put the strings for banners to come in the near future.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#822 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Fotis St wrote:
MiMicc0 wrote:Would Nurkic or T.Chandler be good targets?

Nurkic just had a mental breakdown ... from a double double machine ... on fire at the start of this season ... to the backup role less minutes ... really bad perfomance ... TO machine

That is all about Jokic ... who didn't perform well as a 4 next to Nurkic, and forced his way out of the starting lineup, a complete mess by their coach.

Now Jokic is playing well and Nurkic looks like trash...

My best safer option would be Vucevic ...

Pros : On a good deal, stretches the floor for G n J, a good rebounder, good age, mentally tough (has earned his minutes next to Biyombo and Ibaka)
Cons: No rim protection, Monroe's level defensively.

Just think of him as a Monroe without clogging the lane but shooting jumpers from mid range. He would fit great here.
It would be an upgrade offensively that our team needs at the C.

So if somehow we can swap Monroe for him or ideally Henson ... I would be really happy and the Bucks could start put the strings for banners to come in the near future.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=Greg+Monroe&player_id1_select=Greg+Monroe&y1=2017&player_id1=monrogr01&hint=Nikola+Vucevic&player_id2_select=Nikola+Vucevic&y2=2017&player_id2=vucevni01

Rather just keep Monroe
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#823 » by drew881 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:01 pm

John Henson to Rockets for Motrezl and Brewer. Would the Rockets do it?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#824 » by raferfenix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Garden Of Edens wrote:I'm so very confused on Kidd's love for Henson. Why does he continue to start him, especially against guys who throw him around down low. Henson can go now, he seems to not even be a defensive factor anymore either

I remember similar sentiments when we had Knight.

On reflection it stands to reason that an element of boosting Knight's trade value was part of Kidd's commitment to starting him, as opposed to him 'loving' his play.

Knight closed out strong as the deadline approached though...Henson has fallen apart. If there was a deal available closer to Dec. 15 that might have been the peak of his available.

But there's still time. And who knows maybe another team like the Suns will wildly overpay for our guy...we just need to make the smart move with those assets this time instead of an MCW move.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#825 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 am

Holy hell we're up to day 79.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
vinnymate
Junior
And1: 206

Post#826 » by vinnymate » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:05 am

drew881 wrote:John Henson to Rockets for Motrezl and Brewer. Would the Rockets do it?

I feel like Montrezl is a better player than Henson....and still on a rookie contract.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#827 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:08 am

The Blazers really have nothing to lose so you'd think they'd be a strong candidate to take a flyer on Henson in an effort to pop that 8th seed champagne. Vonleh & Ezeli works. Waive Ezeli & either hope Vonleh can earn center minutes or flip him to another team. I'm partial to-

Bucks: Joe Harris, Ezeli (waived)
Blazers: Henson
Nets: Vonleh, Rashad Vaughn

Harris is 3pt shooting wing depth on a minimum contract for next season. We free up bad money & a roster spot.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#828 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:24 am

I also think Phoenix might consider Henson, Vaughn & a couple 2nd's for Alex Len & PJ Tucker. It'd be doing Len & Tucker a solid to give them an opportunity to boost their value on a playoff bound Bucks team heading into their free agencies this summer. The Ukrainian has been collecting scraps behind Tyson Chandler & I'd be surprised if the Suns want to pay him long term. Henson provides them a locked in backup center on a good, declining rate. The Bucks would have the rest of the year to decide if Len is starting center material & worth matching. At the very least he'd be an upgrade to Henson for the rest of this year & be off the books in the summer. Tucker is a tough vet who could help defensively.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#829 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I also think Phoenix might consider Henson, Vaughn & a couple 2nd's for Alex Len & PJ Tucker.

Had been assuming the Suns would deal Chandler first...but if that isn't happening maybe they do deal Len.

Suns are 12 and 27 and clearly should all out tank, however, their ownership has badly wanted to win now for a while so who knows what they'll do.

Not sure if Henson would be viewed so favorably though. Also if Phoenix wouldn't consider him worth the contract he's going to get to be their long term starting center why would the Bucks?

Don't get me wrong if the cost is low enough I'd be game to take a flier on Len to see if a change of scenery kick starts his play. Conversely, Henson might need to get out of the comfort zone he's developed in Milwaukee where he so consistently plays with such poor energy and so much softness.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#830 » by freewhitemoon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:17 am

If there are any avenues left towards attaining Nerlens Noel we have to do it, he still looks like a game changer on defense
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#831 » by freewhitemoon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:19 am

vinnymate wrote:
drew881 wrote:John Henson to Rockets for Motrezl and Brewer. Would the Rockets do it?

I feel like Montrezl is a better player than Henson....and still on a rookie contract.

fking 2nd year Richaun Holmes who can't get off the bench is better than Henson
Douggystyle29
Junior
And1: 37

Post#832 » by Douggystyle29 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:14 pm

freewhitemoon wrote:If there are any avenues left towards attaining Nerlens Noel we have to do it, he still looks like a game changer on defense

I agree. I was thinking a package including Middleton and Henson for Noel and some fillers from the 76er's could get it done. I hate to give up Middleton, but I think it may be the only way the 76er's would bite. We could then draft maybe Ferguson or Bacon to help replace Middleton. Otherwise I hope we stand pat and Bam Bam will be there when we pick.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#833 » by Fotis St » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Douggystyle29 wrote:
freewhitemoon wrote:If there are any avenues left towards attaining Nerlens Noel we have to do it, he still looks like a game changer on defense

I agree. I was thinking a package including Middleton and Henson for Noel and some fillers from the 76er's could get it done. I hate to give up Middleton, but I think it may be the only way the 76er's would bite. We could then draft maybe Ferguson or Bacon to help replace Middleton. Otherwise I hope we stand pat and Bam Bam will be there when we pick.

I remember what Khris is capable of, so I will never give up on him. Khris will have the pleasure to operate with huge space since Giannis and Jabari draws too many attention right now.
Can't wait to see at least one year of our big3 healthy..
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#834 » by vegaspacker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:35 pm

I wish there was a canary in the coalmine when and, or if Sanders is mumbled about.

No one has apparently tried to bring him in and likewise other than Twitter hints from slippery shoes himself.

Only Henson, Yanni, Midds, and Kidd have had direct relations with him. Not the "Relations" that Klumps speak of, maybe Larry is 'Buddy Love'?

Winning and the anticipation of winning might be the catalyst Larry needs to right his mind. What kind of shape he is physically is one thing, mentally is the deal breaker.

I say bring him in for a tryout. Best to keep it under wraps, yet in this age.... Impossible.

It would have to super clandestine shizzle, maybe Kidd takes a game or two mystery illness hiatus to feel it out.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#835 » by jute2003 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:50 pm

He has been out of basketball for years now and quit on the team the last go round. He was an idiot even when playing well. No interest at all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
only a fan, only an opinion
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#836 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:25 pm

It's sad Larry lost his mind. With a mentally right Sanders we'd be a contender to win the east right now. Last I heard about Larry was when he blocked me on twitter when I argued with him as I was against starting a race war.

Pretty sure I don't want him back in the league at this point.
Do it for Chuck
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#837 » by Prince12 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Sanders posts weird **** on Instagram daily. Lately quite a few pics of him playing for the bucks. He insinuates he will return at some point but he sure does seem to be on another planet.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#838 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Chandler is interesting. He could end up being like Kurt Thomas in the ftd year, if not better. The Bucks are missing a galvanizing strongman who plays defense and has been through some serious battles, even if he can only give you 15-20 mpg and has 1 bad game out of every 3.

Henson's contract is worse though. I don't care what you say about his salary going down each year, that extra year sucks. I'd reluctantly do Henson/Vaughn for Chandler, but it would be a coup if we could do Henson/Vaughn/Mirza for Chandler/Dudley. Mirza's contract is only a little worse than Dudley's, so maybe it's possible. Suns don't really need Vaughn in any case.

If they want our pick, they have to find a way to also take Plumlee and ship Knight to a 3rd team. His contract matches but I don't want him back. Maybe Knight for Tyreke or something.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#839 » by Fotis St » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:22 am

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#840 » by Jez2983 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Day 82.

I'm glad nothing has changed thus far this season.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks