PG Thread (Pistons) - Bucks lose.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,743

Re: PG Thread (Pistons) - Bucks lose. 

Post#221 » by DanoMac » Tue Nov 1, 2016 2:34 am

ampd wrote:
DanoMac wrote:I bet you were the same guys calling for the Packers to bench Rodgers too.

Seriously?

What has Jabari done to earn the type of confidence in his ability that Aaron Rodgers has? Best player on a championship team? Multiple years of MVP and HOF caliber play as one of the top 2 or 3 best players in the game?

Come on man.

I'm not comparing them as players, not sure how you got that from that. I'm simply saying that both "trade Jabari after 3 games" and "bench Rodgers for playing bad' are both ridiculous knee jerk reactions. That's it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#222 » by HKPackFan » Tue Nov 1, 2016 6:13 am

worthlessBucks wrote:Everybody wants to be part of something special. This is a generational post btw.

Me too, this thread is generational.
#FreeChuckDiesel
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#223 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Nov 1, 2016 10:41 am

DrWood wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:Nobody ever said Jabari and Giannis can't play together, but it's far from optimal.

Jabari's performance took off last year after they went to point-giannis.

That's because he needs someone like Giannis to create plays for him, and guard the other team's best forward... but what does Jabari do for Giannis? Jabari needs Giannis but Giannis doesn't need Jabari. He made Plumlee look good too; does that justify committing to Plumlee? Giannis is gonna make a lot of guys look good but we need to focus on the guys who complement him best. In particular, there's no need for a guy who plays such bad defense if all he brings is more inside scoring. Get shooters, defenders, and rebounders.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#224 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Nov 1, 2016 1:44 pm

DanoMac wrote:
I'm not comparing them as players, not sure how you got that from that. I'm simply saying that both "trade Jabari after 3 games" and "bench Rodgers for playing bad' are both ridiculous knee jerk reactions. That's it.

It's not just 3 games. There's a lot of evidence of the issues people are worried about, going all the way back to college. You can talk all you want about whether people are too negative, or too optimistic for that matter, but the best insights are based on evidence and right now many of us just don't see any hard evidence of Jabari being a potential impact player despite what we've been told about him for so long. You can't just keep saying "he's like Melo, Amare, or Griffin" and expect people to continue to accept it because it's the original assessment of him. The evidence of the last couple years should be weighed a lot more heavily than the hype coming out of high school and college.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#225 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 1, 2016 1:46 pm

CHL is absolutely giddy and can't wait to throw out the 20-odd something Jabari trade proposals he's been brainstorming all summer.

:D
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#226 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Nov 1, 2016 2:24 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:CHL is absolutely giddy and can't wait to throw out the 20-odd something Jabari trade proposals he's been brainstorming all summer.

:D

I know that was in good fun but I feel I should respond. I'm not giddy. I just don't believe Parker's going to be very good but that does not mean I will be happy if I'm right. I just want I think is best for the Bucks, like anyone else here. It doesn't bother me to be in a huge minority sometimes but it is unfair to say I'm happy when guys like Jennings, Yi, Bogut, Sanders, and Parker fail to live up to expectations. What would make me happy is if the Bucks would have traded those guys for an absolute haul when they had the chance.

I know They sort of got a "haul" for Jennings, but not because his trade value was high or anything. I'm just advocating that they sell as high as possible on a guy I don't think is a cornerstone, and I like my track record of skepticism when it comes to players the board anoints as cornerstones too soon.
Presence
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#227 » by Presence » Tue Nov 1, 2016 5:21 pm

There's so much stuff that I didn't really think I'd manage to choose what to vine, but here you go!

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#228 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 1, 2016 5:31 pm

Presence wrote:There's so much stuff that I didn't really think I'd manage to choose what to vine, but here you go!

Spoiler:

I'm not sure your point. One thing for sure is that we have no chemistry right now, which is maybe where you were going with those. No one knows where to go or what to expect from the other guys. Not a surprise given the roster turnover, but I swear this pre season we had guys sprinting to the corners in transition all the time and it looked beautiful.
Presence
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#229 » by Presence » Tue Nov 1, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm posting vines of ugly possessions, not really mean anything else by it.

Read on Twitter

Specifically:

Q1
10:23 (Delly missed open Jabari for 3)
8:17 (Snell passes up open 3)
7:40 (Giannis misses open Delly for 3, shoots long 2)
6:45 (Giannis passes up open 3, drives and passes)
0:05 (Monroe misses a wide open Vaughn for 3)

Q2
10:58 (Vaughn misses an open Telly for 3 and drives)
8:23 (Telly misses open Vaughn in the corner for 3 and drives)
2:35 (Jabari passes up open 3 and drives)
2:05 (Snell passes up open 3 [Giannis hand-off screen] and tries to drive, draws a foul)
0:58 (Jabari passes up open 3, drives, step back jumper)
0:25 (Giannis passes up open 3, drives, contested fadeaway jumper)

Q3
10:00 (Plumlee offensive rebound, misses wide open Telly for 3, passes to Giannis)
8:55 (Plumlee in the post, misses open Telly for 3, hook shot)
7:20 (Giannis misses open Snell for 3, shoots long 2)
2:05 (Giannis transition misses wide open Vaughn for 3, passes to Beasley - fouled)
1:48 (Vaughn transition passes up open 3 to reset offense)
0:58 (Giannis passes open 3, drives and passes to Vaughn)
0:34 (Brogdon misses wide open Giannis for 3, drives)

Q4
8:10 (Brogdon passes up wide open 3, drives, circles, step back long 2)
6:55 (Jabari gets Tobias under screen, passes up open 3 and drives)
3:04 (Jabari open for 3, drives, step back jumper)
1:24 (Brogdon open for 3, drives, floater)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks