ImageImage

PG Thread (Pelicans) - Bucks lose, BARI BREAKOUT PARTY!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Re: PG Thread (Pelicans) - Bucks lose, BARI BREAKOUT PARTY! 

Post#181 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:11 pm

I'd say Giannis is already top 15ish.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#182 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:19 pm

trwi7 wrote:
breakchains wrote:We need a real coach more than anything. Carlisle, Stevens, SVG, etc., would have this team looking much, much different.

Just another reason why you don't hire your friends. If they're terrible, you kind of have to fire them but you wait way too long to do it.

100% agree.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#183 » by Shaffty » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Siefer wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
Fixed. Lets not get carried away.

Giannis IS a top 25 player, right now, even with the warts in his game. I guess you think this is as good as it gets for him?

I'd argue Giannis is probably top 15, or even top 10 right now. Middleton was already a top 25 player last season. Jabari's certainly not there yet, but I'm bullish. I think he's going to be an offensive wrecking ball for years.

i have jabari unranked because outside of the top 25 its pointless

Midds is probably the 3rd best SG in the league and for sure top 25

Giannis is top 10, he has had a few bad games here, and EVEN than he still was very impactful and filled up the stat sheet. Also he straight out played Paul George in the 4th quarter of that game.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#184 » by Chapter29 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I 100% understand this is probably another throwaway year and a good pick is probably the best but holy hell I'm sick of losing and being in a position where losing is the better option. It's a twisted relationship with these damn Bucks...

We wont get a good pick.
Giannis
is
UponUs
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#185 » by DingleJerry » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:36 pm

I just quickly scanned through and I'd say Middleton before the injury is right on the cusp of this top 25 number. There's probably 20ish everyone would unanimously agree on above and then another chunk that most would, and then a pile of debateable. There really is a lot of damn good players in the NBA...it's where amazing happens after all.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#186 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:I 100% understand this is probably another throwaway year and a good pick is probably the best but holy hell I'm sick of losing and being in a position where losing is the better option. It's a twisted relationship with these damn Bucks...

We wont get a good pick.

Where do you think the Bucks end up?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#187 » by emunney » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:55 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:

We wont get a good pick.

So few teams tanking, I don't even think we have to be that bad to get a good pick.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#188 » by Chapter29 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:

We wont get a good pick.

Teens perhaps? Somewhere roughly around .500 is my guess.

My point is that a player in this range wont be a needle mover. So if you don't have your stars today, you likely wont tomorrow either.

But sure, lets tank for the 10th-15th pick.
Giannis
is
UponUs
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#189 » by bizarro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:12 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
bizarro wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Thank you sir. This helped a little. Miroslav >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Henson>Plumlee.

I loved Miroslav in a Bucks uni. Started out overmatched by the speed of the NBA but really really came on as a nice role player. Cine and I used to joke about wanting to see our dancing bear, Miroslav, in his pink tutu if you recall. And, yeah, pretty much anything is better than Plumlee. And, yes, I agree with you re: Miroslav being better than both Plumlee and Henson. Miroslav certainly isn't going to contest many shots but he's not going to kill you defensively. It's offensively where I take Miroslav 24/7. He had a nice finesse game to his brute huggable bear offensive game and had a classic Euro smartness to his game. Won't try to do too much. Will fit in the flow of the sets. Sets nice picks. Can hit a jumper. Surprisingly nimble near the basket. Hits his FT's.

Didn't even dislike the guy when he helped pick the Aussie team apart and ruin our hopes of a gold medal game. Also just found out Leonard Cohen died. **** this I'm getting hammered.

Yeah, man...the Cohen news hit me hard too. I was absolutely addicted to 'Songs of Love and Hate' in my 20's. The song: Diamonds in the Mine will forever speak to me. The energy and emotion of that song (and John Lennon's Mother from his 'Shaved Fish' album) embody how the Bucks make me feel. I'll raise one to you and Leonard today, Aussie. A sad day for me too.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#190 » by trwi7 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Chapter29 wrote:Teens perhaps? Somewhere roughly around .500 is my guess.

We're .500 with the weakest SOS in the league. Like, we couldn't have been gifted an easier schedule to start the season and our record is only as good as where you think we'll end up.

The last two teams we've played had a combined 0-13 record coming into the game and we lost both.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#191 » by H2tObes » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:24 pm

emunney wrote:Jabari is now shooting 45% on long 2s, 42% from 3, and 90% from the line. I don't think he's going to quite keep up these numbers, but for a 21 year old who has always had good touch and good feel offensively, these are the early signs of a guy who could one day challenge for scoring titles.

:nod: This is what everyone wanted to see. If he continues to shoot well he will be one of the best scorers in the game
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#192 » by Cooleyo47 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
breakchains wrote:We need a real coach more than anything. Carlisle, Stevens, SVG, etc., would have this team looking much, much different.

Just another reason why you don't hire your friends. If they're terrible, you kind of have to fire them but you wait way too long to do it.

100% agree.

So, so true. The inconsistency from night to night reflects on the head coach more than the youth IMO.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#193 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Chapter29 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:
We wont get a good pick.

Teens perhaps? Somewhere roughly around .500 is my guess.

My point is that a player in this range wont be a needle mover. So if you don't have your stars today, you likely wont tomorrow either.

But sure, lets tank for the 10th-15th pick.

Yea, but your point is based upon the premise that the Bucks are a .500 team. I still find that amazingly hard to believe given we won 33 games last season (below .500 post break with God Giannis), and lost the guy I consider to be our best player last season. He was no worse than 2nd.

I understand we added some apparent fits, but we're still light on true impact players, Parker still can't defend, and minutes are going to guys like Henson, Plumlee, Beasley and Vaughn. Even Mirza's a team killer when he shot isn't falling.

What if all of the sudden you came around to the belief that this is probably a low 30s win team, something most are predicting. Last season that was a pick in the 6-10 range. Only now, as emunney said, there are fewer teams that are flat out trying to lose. An injury or two, or some bad luck, or some bottom teams trying to win that end up better than anticipated, and we're picking in the late 20s.

Every loss matters.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#194 » by stellation » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:59 pm

You know, Giannis did handle the ball a bit- he just didn't rack up assists. He's allowed to have an off game. Sometimes some of a poor performance can be on your beloved.*

*Unless **** Mo isn't passing him the ball!
#FreeChuckDiesel
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,326

Post#195 » by El Duderino » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm so tired of Kidd blaming these bad losses post game on the team supposedly being so young instead of the bad roster they've assembled.

Yea Giannis and Parker are still young, but they aren't rookies either and the rest of the roster is mostly full of guys who have at least 3-4 years in the league or more.

They are the ones who handed Plumlee and Henson 90 plus million combined and neither is really young anymore.
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#196 » by Cooleyo47 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:47 pm

The past two games were pretty important to keep good mojo rolling. Now, when they move into a tougher portion of their schedule and drop below .500, there's the possibility of this team losing some juice.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#197 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Chapter29 wrote:But sure, lets tank for the 10th-15th pick.

Don't even need to. We'd be there trying to win as a best case.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#198 » by Shaffty » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Cooleyo47 wrote:The past two games were pretty important to keep good mojo rolling. Now, when they move into a tougher portion of their schedule and drop below .500, there's the possibility of this team losing some juice.

nope knowing this team they will sweep the next three and take GS to OT
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#199 » by Chapter29 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:19 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:Teens perhaps? Somewhere roughly around .500 is my guess.

We're .500 with the weakest SOS in the league. Like, we couldn't have been gifted an easier schedule to start the season and our record is only as good as where you think we'll end up.

The last two teams we've played had a combined 0-13 record coming into the game and we lost both.

Um....yep. And we will improve. You know 7 new players, core being 21....stuff like that.

We aren't going to lose enough games to get a difference maker. Sorry. And if we do we don't have anything talent wise and will be back in another year. Living in the lottery. I know for some of you all that's like a dream come true.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#200 » by Chapter29 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:But sure, lets tank for the 10th-15th pick.

Don't even need to. We'd be there trying to win as a best case.

That will be somewhere around 30 wins and is our worst case imo.
Giannis
is
UponUs

Return to Milwaukee Bucks