PG Thread (Cavs) - Giannis > LeBron

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Re: PG Thread (Cavs) - Giannis > LeBron 

Post#161 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:So, is Mirza staying in Monroe's doghouse now?

So strange.

Beasley is just outplaying him. Which is absolutely fine.

People are learning that there is a reason Mirza hasn't been a "thing" in the NBA so far in his career. He's a really limited player that you have to use in specific situations.

I'd say he's been a pretty spectacular "limited player" when they play him in their small-ball lineup with Giannis at center. He's something ridiculous like +13 per 100 with him and Giannis on the court. Beasley has been playing well, but the gradual erosion of Mirza's minutes despite his affect on statistically our best lineup has been one of the more head-scratching things that Kidd has done thus far in the season.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#162 » by Chapter29 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:So, is Mirza staying in Monroe's doghouse now?

So strange.

Beasley is just outplaying him. Which is absolutely fine.

People are learning that there is a reason Mirza hasn't been a "thing" in the NBA so far in his career. He's a really limited player that you have to use in specific situations.

Very true.
Giannis
is
UponUs
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,072

Post#163 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
I'd say he's been a pretty spectacular "limited player" when they play him in their small-ball lineup with Giannis at center.

But that's just it. Mirza isn't suited for most of the lineups. Beasley so far has shown himself capable of producing with more varied combinations on the court.

We'll see how this lineup thing shakes out. Limited sample size, but think the real odd man out right now is Plumlee.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,009

Post#164 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Mirza is basically jr smith on offense and david lee on defense.

I hate everything about him.
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#165 » by Chapter29 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Yeah for me of all the new guys Mirza has been the worst acquisition.

Delly has been good, Brogdon for what/who he is has been great, Beasley good, Snell well....not MCW and of course Plumlee (not new) has been nothing short of terrible.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM

Post#166 » by Chapter29 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:51 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:Mirza is basically jr smith on offense and david lee on defense.

I hate everything about him.

Probably true. Though I bet he knows when he's in the game or not. JR....not so much.
Giannis
is
UponUs
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#167 » by tski1972 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:56 pm

does anyone have Miles Plumlee's agents phone number? asking for a friend.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#168 » by crkone » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Parker had 3rd highest number of touches (behind Brogdon and Giannis) and 4th highest number of passes. He also had the 2nd highest usage. I think he needs to keep learning to fit in.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,146

Post#169 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:10 pm

I do have to mention that I've now been to two games this year and Pusha T and Coo Coo Cal replacing the Village People and The Chicken Dance was a necessary and overdue change. The Bradley Center is still a dump but very much looking forward to:

good product on the floor + good in-game entertainment + new arena + new entertainment district
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#170 » by LUKE23 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Man, Brogdon was a great pick.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,376

Post#171 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:12 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Question to those of you who watched the game on TV:

Giannis had two traveling calls on him in the first half. He was incredulous that he didn't travel. Kidd couldn't believe the calls. It didn't look like he traveled from my seat. Later in the game he was called for a travel, knew he traveled, and didn't say a word to the ref. Giannis seems like a guy, unlike Monroe, who only complains when he feels theres a bad call. Were those first half traveling calls the right calls?

I only caught one of those travels. He did what literally every player in the league does, which is switch there pivots as they turn toward the basket. It happens all of the time. Frankly, Giannis probably gets away with more travels than anyone in the league but that one in particular was one that no one gets called for.

JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#172 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:14 pm

M-C-G wrote:

Giannis had two traveling calls on him in the first half. He was incredulous that he didn't travel. Kidd couldn't believe the calls. It didn't look like he traveled from my seat. Later in the game he was called for a travel, knew he traveled, and didn't say a word to the ref. Giannis seems like a guy, unlike Monroe, who only complains when he feels theres a bad call. Were those first half traveling calls the right calls?

I only caught one of those travels. He did what literally every player in the league does, which is switch there pivots as they turn toward the basket. It happens all of the time. Frankly, Giannis probably gets away with more travels than anyone in the league but that one in particular was one that no one gets called for.

Right. My buddy and I were saying Lebron definitely doesn't get that called on him and Giannis probably won't in two years.
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#173 » by Nightfall » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:26 pm

tski1972 wrote:does anyone have Miles Plumlee's agents phone number? asking for a friend.

He is negotiating my new salary with my employer. I have no other offers and we both want to renew, so I don't see why I should not get 50M. :lol:
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#174 » by buckboy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:31 pm

"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 723

Post#175 » by averageposter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:33 pm

My dream of chanting MVP with 18,000 like minded fans in my home arena inches ever closer.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,376

Post#176 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:37 pm

averageposter wrote:My dream of chanting MVP with 18,000 like minded fans in my home arena inches ever closer.

Yeah, the last time that happened in MKE it was 18k Bulls fans chanting for Derrick Rose
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#177 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:59 pm

averageposter wrote:My dream of chanting MVP with 18,000 like minded fans in my home arena inches ever closer.

About 2,000 were chanting it last night. A little premature. But two years from now? Maybe even next year? Giannis is my favorite athlete ever and I've only known him for a few years.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#178 » by GBPackers47 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:07 pm

M-C-G wrote:

Definitely frustrating for Giannis, but my guess is him being called for traveling will decline after he makes the All Star game this year. Outside of Bucks fans and die hard NBA fans, most people still have no idea who Giannis even is. I attribute that to playing for the Bucks, but give it another year or two and he'll get the Superstar treatment.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#179 » by leroyjw10 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Snell continues to disappoint. His defense has been good, and he at least presents a threat from deep, but only 29% on 3s!?! I'd guess 90% of his shots are wide-open looks. If he can become a legitimate threat, instead of a theoretical one, this offense could really take off.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#180 » by crkone » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |