PG Thread (Brooklyn) - Bucks win 4 in a row

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Re: PG Thread (Brooklyn) - Bucks win 4 in a row 

Post#121 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:17 am

trwi7 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Just had SportsCenter on. Giannis made the Top Ten plays again (this is becoming the norm). The anchor, who's name I don't know, said "that guy is going to be an All-Star".

It wasn't Chris Hassel was it? That guy is the dumbest **** at ESPN (that might be hyperbole but it's close between him and SAS).

No, wasn't him. I think it was Kevin Connors.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Post#122 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:24 am

Starting with next Saturday's game at WAS, we play WAS 3 times in an 8 game span. And 4 times in a 15 game span.

The schedule-makers really were high when they made out the schedule.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#123 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:54 am

VooDoo7 wrote:Starting with next Saturday's game at WAS, we play WAS 3 times in an 8 game span. And 4 times in a 15 game span.

The Bucks have a six game stretch of CHI, @CHI, CLE, @CLE, WAS, @WAS which includes two home/away back-to-backs.

They also have a six game road trip later this season. The longest road stretch in the past five seasons has been 4 games.
Read on Twitter
The Rodzilla
Starter
And1: 2,332

Post#124 » by The Rodzilla » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:23 am

blazza18 wrote:
Eeavers57 wrote:
JEIS wrote:Looking at the schedule, I still see us having 30 to 35 wins. Total.

We beat the Cavs, badly, we nearly beat the Warriors, and we nearly beat the Raptors. This is a top 4 team in the East when all set and done. And IF Middleton comes back, we are in the ECF, no doubt in my mind.

We lost to the win less Mavs and win less Pelicans. You need to calm down a bit.

you need to get excited a bit, all the things that happened previously to the bucks happened before delly so it doesnt count now

giannis is a young superstar so they should look to win 50 and a playoff series with all the ingredients they have, thats my conservative par score
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#125 » by trwi7 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:40 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Starting with next Saturday's game at WAS, we play WAS 3 times in an 8 game span. And 4 times in a 15 game span.

The Bucks have a six game stretch of CHI, @CHI, CLE, @CLE, WAS, @WAS which includes two home/away back-to-backs.

They also have a six game road trip later this season. The longest road stretch in the past five seasons has been 4 games.

It reminds me of the Admirals schedule, except the Admirals get a schedule like this every year and they only play 11 teams in a 30 team league.

Their schedule so far this year has been

@ San Antonio
@ San Antonio
@ Chicago
@ Rockford
@ Iowa
vs Iowa
@ Rockford
vs Chicago
vs Iowa
vs Chicago
vs Grand Rapids
vs Charlotte
@ Cleveland
@ Cleveland
vs Grand Rapids
@ Rockford
vs Manitoba
@ Cleveland
@ Cleveland

There are like 4 back to back games home and away against the same opponent. I already have one favorite team that gets a **** schedule like that. Why did the NBA have to start doing it too?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 166

Post#126 » by Istanbullus » Sun Dec 4, 2016 9:02 am

Eeavers57 wrote:

We beat the Cavs, badly, we nearly beat the Warriors, and we nearly beat the Raptors. This is a top 4 team in the East when all set and done. And IF Middleton comes back, we are in the ECF, no doubt in my mind.

I'm very guarded about Middleton coming back in shape and without a ton of rust and then finding his role again. Grade 3 avulsion, off the bone. It can't get any worse in terms of hamstrings. How does that happen to a young person? No water. No stretching nor warming up. My hunch is that he had already some micro-tears earlier that he then blew up.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#127 » by DutchManDanFan » Sun Dec 4, 2016 11:05 am

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Exactly what I meant in the Kidd thread. Development above all (above short term succes). We're so lucky to have a coach who understands the importance of the improvement of the young players and isn't afraid to get fired because of a lack of wins. We're not winning the championship this year. So enjoy the positives and the improvements you see. And if it leads to wins: great.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#128 » by DutchManDanFan » Sun Dec 4, 2016 11:17 am

blazza18 wrote:
Eeavers57 wrote:

We lost to the win less Mavs and win less Pelicans. You need to calm down a bit.

After the Dallas loss I wrote it might be a blessing in disguise. At the moment it looks like it was.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#129 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Dec 4, 2016 11:28 am

We've been playing well for 7 games straight, it's starting to become a thing.

The way we've been playing lately I don't think we'd lose to Mavs or Pels again.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#130 » by buckboy » Sun Dec 4, 2016 12:56 pm

Double
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#131 » by buckboy » Sun Dec 4, 2016 12:56 pm

randy84 wrote:
ampd wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
I've mentioned this several times already but his FT shooting is the biggest improvement for me.

And yeah, he's been solid for 6(?) games now.

Strangely some of our best runs over the past few years have come with Henson starting (for example, the run we made right before the Knight trade). Even stranger is that usually he gets benched again for no discernible reason. Then again we usually began starting him for no discernible reason, so in a way it has a sort of symmetry.

I agree. I've always felt that Henson was inconsistent because he received inconsistent playing time. Kind of a chicken or the egg type thing.

I think at this point the Bucks are stuck with Henson and Plumlee, so they need to make one of them work if the Bucks are going to be contenders in the next 2-4 years.

Screw MSP, let's roll with STD. Seems appropriate.

Except I heart Delly.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#132 » by Chapter29 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:39 pm

Its been great that the Bucks got an easy start to our schedule. We need(ed) to learn to play with each other and become a team.

We are shapely together nicely IMO. Still a ways to go, but we resemble a team now at least.

Soon the schedule gets tougher. That's ok. This team has played well against some good teams. I like our chances.

For me right now, I look at it something like this. Beat the bad team. Try to win more than you lose against the good teams. Try and steal games from the great teams.
Giannis
is
UponUs
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#133 » by M-C-G » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:52 pm

Chapter29 wrote:Its been great that the Bucks got an easy start to our schedule. We need(ed) to learn to play with each other and become a team.

We are shapely together nicely IMO. Still a ways to go, but we resemble a team now at least.

Soon the schedule gets tougher. That's ok. This team has played well against some good teams. I like our chances.

For me right now, I look at it something like this. Beat the bad team. Try to win more than you lose against the good teams. Try and steal games from the great teams.

Well said. Normally I am the optimist on these boards but I don't even have visions of a four seed. Tough up coming schedule just keep your head above water and win the ones you should and a couple you shouldn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#134 » by JEIS » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:08 pm

ampd wrote:

I would be shocked if we finished with 30 wins barring another injury to a key player or some kind of implosion in terms of production from key players. Since we really don't have any roleplayers who are playing at way above career levels of efficiency or production, that doesn't seem super likely.

I think it's a lot more likely we finish within a few games of .500 either way.

SRS has us as the 13th best team right now, point differential has us as 12th. It would be pretty unusual for a team with a positive point differential to end up that far below .500.

Last season only the Jazz finished below .500 (at 40-42) with a positive point differential for example, and they were a bit of an outlier considering how much they improved over the course of the season.

Of course maybe we start getting blown out by everyone remotely decent, but right now I'm skeptical there is any reason to assume that's going to happen.

I don't think we will be getting blown out by teams... We have enough players playing with high energy and we are actually now playing like a team. I just think our players, and Kidd's line-ups are too inconsistent to pull off a .500 record. Who knows... I hope you are right. We had a pretty easy schedule thus far, a lot of home games and are only a couple games over .500... I see this being pretty difficult to sustain.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,284

Post#135 » by HKPackFan » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:25 pm

While it's fair to point out overall its been an easy schedule, what has me excited is within that Easy schedule were Very Good Games Agaimst top playoff teams.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#136 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Dec 4, 2016 4:33 pm

har13 wrote:
Presence wrote:His usage was 19.2%. He wasn't hesitant, he was simply not involved that much in the offense. It was intentional. Like for real. Trust me. Omg.

intentional,why?

It felt intentional to me to with Giannis playing off ball and not even asking for the ball. Giannis sometimes gets super excited during games and basically runs to the ball handler asking to the ball. He didn't do it this game. Not sure if they were trying new things, just wanting to get others involved or saving Giannis some workload but it did seem intentional to limit his play today.
Black_Dragon
Junior
And1: 234

Post#137 » by Black_Dragon » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:26 pm

trwi7 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Just had SportsCenter on. Giannis made the Top Ten plays again (this is becoming the norm). The anchor, who's name I don't know, said "that guy is going to be an All-Star".

It wasn't Chris Hassel was it? That guy is the dumbest **** at ESPN (that might be hyperbole but it's close between him and SAS).

Do you not like him because he likes a different Big Ten school than you?
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#138 » by drew881 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:51 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
har13 wrote:
Presence wrote:His usage was 19.2%. He wasn't hesitant, he was simply not involved that much in the offense. It was intentional. Like for real. Trust me. Omg.

intentional,why?

It felt intentional to me to with Giannis playing off ball and not even asking for the ball. Giannis sometimes gets super excited during games and basically runs to the ball handler asking to the ball. He didn't do it this game. Not sure if they were trying new things, just wanting to get others involved or saving Giannis some workload but it did seem intentional to limit his play today.

For a good sequence Giannis was out of control. I'm glad they went away for him for a bit and let Delly set things up. This is why we need supporting players who can run the offense (Delly) and players who can create their own shot (Parker, Middleton). There are going to be off games for Giannis and reckless moments when he needs to defer a bit and get back into the flow of the game. I love the outcome of this game considering the circumstances of Giannis' sub-par game tonight.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#139 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:18 pm

Finally got to see a Giannis/Parker pick n roll
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#140 » by trwi7 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:20 pm

Black_Dragon wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Do you not like him because he likes a different Big Ten school than you?

I've heard him talk baseball. Basically calls pitchers a bunch of wimps because they're taken out with a shutout after 100 pitches. Specifically remember him going after the Dave Roberts when he pulled that pitcher who was just coming back from Tommy John surgery with a no hitter.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks