ImageImage

# of Games/Season MKE must win over next decade for you to be happy?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

How many games do the Bucks need to win per season over the next decade for you to be happy?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:02 am

46-50
20%
51-55
49%
56-60
20%
61+
10%

Total votes: 49

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,816

Re: # of Games/Season MKE must win over next decade for you to be happy? 

Post#21 » by Prez » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:54 am

I'd be disappointed if we never won a championship. That's how highly I think of Giannis as a talent.
Mihai
Junior
And1: 117

Post#22 » by Mihai » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:54 am

I want us to compete at least for the ECF as soon as the new arena is in use. That would be a nice restart for a franchise that's been suffering for so long now. After that, at least one title in the next 10 years.
JABBAri Parker
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#23 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:13 am

Championships and 62+ wins. Nothing less allowed.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Post#24 » by RRyder823 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:38 am

Having spent a fair amount of time on Packers forums over the years and finally having that generational talent on this team I feel pretty confident in saying that if the Bucks don't win at least 3-4 titles in the next ten years that there will be a ton of people around these parts that will be unhappy.

I'll personally take anything positive I can get from this team at this point and then slowly work my way up so I'd be thrilled with 50+ wins. Then a series win. Then I'll need a deep playoff run a year later. Then I'll just need a ring to be happy a year or two after that.

(I put it out there in a scaling way to the pinnacle cause if the Bucks were to win a championship next year and then proceed to get bounced in the 2nd round or ECF for the next 9 years while winning 50+ games I guarantee many would say that decade was a failure and we wasted Giannis and his prime)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,021

Post#25 » by humanrefutation » Mon Dec 5, 2016 2:37 pm

This is a weird question. A decade is a long time for any team to be competitive, and so am I averaging the wins per year out? That's kind of beside the point, anyway. Success comes from playoff advancement and titles, not an arbitrary measure of regular season wins.

If a gun is put to my head and I had to pick, I'd have the team win 55+ at their peak over a 3-4 season span that included at least a couple finals appearances and at least one championship.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,059

Post#26 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:05 pm

If they're blessed with good health and add one more legit on-court asset, competing in the East as early as next season doesn't seem like it should be out of the question.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,115

Post#27 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:25 pm

I think you're kind of setting yourself up for failure by saying we need to win X amount of championships in order for me to be satisfied. Someone mentioned the same being said for the Packers and Rodgers - it just makes every playoff game agonizing - it's almost not fun.

I've learned with this team that anytime the bar is even remotely raised, anytime there's hype, that they absolutely, 100% of the time lay an egg. Game 6 of the Atlanta series, the entire season following FTD, Kidd's second season. Players too - #1 pick Andrew Bogut - Jennings 55 points to superstardom. I'm sure someone can provide better examples.

Just going to enjoy the ride, zero expectations.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#28 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:42 pm

Counting regular season wins is what Raptors and Hornets fans do (yeah, shots fired).

Give me one championship season and I'll honestly be content going 20-62 in the other 9.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#29 » by GBPackers47 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:50 pm

I honestly think we win a championship in the next 10 years. This team is going to be in their prime when the top teams and players currently in the East are on a decline.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,021

Post#30 » by humanrefutation » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:53 pm

RRyder823 wrote:Having spent a fair amount of time on Packers forums over the years and finally having that generational talent on this team I feel pretty confident in saying that if the Bucks don't win at least 3-4 titles in the next ten years that there will be a ton of people around these parts that will be unhappy.

I think you're the only person comparing the Packers to the Bucks.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#31 » by GBPackers47 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:18 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Having spent a fair amount of time on Packers forums over the years and finally having that generational talent on this team I feel pretty confident in saying that if the Bucks don't win at least 3-4 titles in the next ten years that there will be a ton of people around these parts that will be unhappy.

I think you're the only person comparing the Packers to the Bucks.

I don't know if anyone is going to be unhappy if we don't win 3-4 titles. I've been a fan of this team for 26 years, have seen them advance past the first round only once in my life, and I'm still here. Could they win 3 titles in the next 10 years based on the potential? Absolutely. But I've been convinced to believe the Bucks will never win a title in my lifetime due to their failures in the past, so disappointment really isn't a thing for me with this team. With that being said, I do think they win at least one. Seeing one Bucks title would be enough for me.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#32 » by tski1972 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:22 pm

I don't see the point of this thread.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,722

Post#33 » by msiris » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:32 pm

GBPackers47 wrote:I honestly think we win a championship in the next 10 years. This team is going to be in their prime when the top teams and players currently in the East are on a decline.
I am sorry, but I lack faith in the organization to build around Giannis. They have a lot to prove.
Ride the tank
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#34 » by Prince12 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:35 pm

Just want to experience a title run. Im sure then I'll want more but I will have no right to complain.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,442

Post#35 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:43 pm

It's funny how fans of a team who has 1 title (45 years ago) and hasn't won a playoff series in over 20 years won't be happy unless this current team wins multiple titles.

Personally I'd be THRILLED with 1.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 166

Post#36 » by Istanbullus » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:54 pm

With Giannis and Jabari's development, I expect a very good veteran will want to play here soon. Anybody ring hunting out there who has played against Giannis will be interested in being a Buck in the next two years.

So my expectations are high and we all deserve it after these 20 years of pain. Let's hope the Bucks of the next 10 years are like the Packers of the last 20 after their futility run.

Two trips to the finals and a championship. I'll bet my vintage 1997 Ersan jersey and shorts on it.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#37 » by DrWood » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:28 am

So having a run like the peak of the Stockton/Malone Jazz would be unsatisfactory to you?
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#38 » by vital_signs » Tue Dec 6, 2016 4:21 am

41, beaten, battered, and bruised fan over here. I just like watching them now, won't let it ruin my day if they're trash.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#39 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Dec 6, 2016 2:12 pm

DrWood wrote:So having a run like the peak of the Stockton/Malone Jazz would be unsatisfactory to you?

No, but there would be a little disappointment not winning a championship.

I wonder if we will ever crack the top 25 in attendance before we go to new arena?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks