ImageImage

OT:Frank Madden pulling back at Brewhoop

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Re: OT:Frank Madden pulling back at Brewhoop 

Post#21 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:56 pm

Frank, Eric and Alex are my favorite Bucks writers and its sad to see one of my favorite writers not writing about Bucks anymore but i wish him the best.We still gonna enjoy his podcast but brewhoop will never feel the same without Frank madden and his wall of text articles analyzing everything the bucks got XD.
best of luck Frank!
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#22 » by Max Green » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:21 pm

fam3381 wrote:Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Thankfully my thesis for starting Brew Hoop was never to make a real job out of it, so the minimal compensation involved in writing about the NBA on the internet was never a disappointment :)

Speaking of which, it will be interesting to see how the sports media landscape evolves moving forward. In terms of creating real jobs covering teams, sites like ours are in many ways part of the problem. With so many of us willing to write for essentially free (either as a hobby for old people like me or as a stepping stone for young people interested in sports as a career), there's just a huge glut of content and not enough of a premium on good writing to create any real money for anyone other than the very best national people. I think every team will still have at least one proper beat writer, but beyond that? I don't know.

On the one hand I think it's working really well from a consumer perspective -- the best content now is better than it's ever been, even at the team-level where the money is basically non-existent -- but I always wonder if lowest common denominator stuff might eventually erode that as the signal-to-noise ratio continues to fall.

Sorry to see you go. If it wasn't for your original blog I would've never found this forum 10 years ago.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#23 » by machu46 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:56 pm

I'll try to listen later myself, but as you guys could probably tell from my recent post numbers, I've been insanely busy lately. I've thankfully been able to watch the Bucks lately, but I recently moved from upstate NY to Washington DC and started a new job that's keeping me far busier than my previous job did.

Anywho, if anyone can post it, I'm curious what this conflict of interest is. It's a shame because Frank and BrewHoop are really pretty great. Good luck to you Frank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#24 » by imithanos » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:24 pm

Sad news, but at least we can still hear Frank on the podcasts pronouncing the players' name correctly. :lol:
No hay banda.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks