ImageImage

PG Thread (Washington) - Bucks beatdown Wizards!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Re: PG Thread (Washington) - Bucks beatdown Wizards! 

Post#161 » by HKPackFan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:23 am

[list=][/list]
Pachinko_ wrote:
Milbuck wrote:The BC is going to be LIVE as fk if we make the playoffs

about friggin time, it came a point when I thought Milwaukee basically hates basketball.

You missed the 80s, the whole city got behind the Bucks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#162 » by Prez » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:23 am

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,019

Re: RE: Re: PG Thread (Washington) - Bucks beatdown Wizards! 

Post#163 » by humanrefutation » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:24 am

Pachinko_ wrote:

about friggin time, it came a point when I thought Milwaukee basically hates basketball.

You haven't been following them very long. The BC was epic back in 2001 during the Eastern Conference Finals run, and great again during the FTD run.

The city gets up for a team that gives them hope. Haven't had many Bucks teams in recent memory that give them that feeling.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#164 » by JEIS » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:31 am

Yeah. That was one of the better crowds all year.
floeter
Sophomore
And1: 103

Post#165 » by floeter » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:33 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:

You haven't been following them very long. The BC was epic back in 2001 during the Eastern Conference Finals run, and great again during the FTD run.

The city gets up for a team that gives them hope. Haven't had many Bucks teams in recent memory that give them that feeling.

I got spiritual chills during a spontaneous cheer on the way out of the building, incredible energy.

Back then Sacramento used to be known as the loudest building, but that was bull pucky.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#166 » by PANDEMONEUM » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:51 am

in the post game interview with Jkidd,
he said,
they dont run plays (for G or J)
and they want to move the ball,
and the ball will find the good players in good spots,
and they will do good things when they get it.

pretty much what i see.
which is wrong.
we dont run plays for G and J to get the ball in good spots.
its a read and react offense.
when its G & J getting the ball and having their talent and athleticism make good things happen,
we look fantastic.

but, good teams will see it and know how to defend them.
just like the cavs did.
and sometimes we need a basket,
it would be nice to have some go to plays that we know, have and use,
and not just use them randomly at the end of games
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#167 » by truly » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:56 am

PANDEMONEUM wrote:in the post game interview with Jkidd,
he said,
they dont run plays (for G or J)
and they want to move the ball,
and the ball will find the good players in good spots,
and they will do good things when they get it.

pretty much what i see.
which is wrong.
we dont run plays for G and J to get the ball in good spots.
its a read and react offense.
when its G & J getting the ball and having their talent and athleticism make good things happen,
we look fantastic.

but, good teams will see it and know how to defend them.
just like the cavs did.
and sometimes we need a basket,
it would be nice to have some go to plays that we know, have and use,
and not just use them randomly at the end of games

i mean if you dont want to run specific plays like that regularly in the game at least run some of them off time-outs when you need a basket like so many good teams do.hell i remember we used to run an alley-oop play for fking bayless and now we run it for no one when we could easily do it for G & J.Giannis had 2 of those tonight,i hope it continues.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,375

Post#168 » by MoreTrife » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:57 am

Giannis Euro step dunk number one on sportscenter top ten. Love seeing national media starting to come around. He's going to be a superstar. So likable.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,115

Post#169 » by FrieAaron » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:19 am

ZeppelinPage wrote:When was the last time the Bradley Center chanted MVP? (for a Buck)

I think I remember a chant for Ray the year following the ECF, but that's it.
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 166

Post#170 » by Istanbullus » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:35 am

4xBuck wrote:
NomNomNomParker wrote:What does this team look like with Middleton?

I'm thinking somewhere between 19 - 9 and 17 - 11...

In the long run, as long as Mids comes back 100%, this could be a net positive for the Bucks... Giannis and Parker steeping up and becoming comfortable as clear #1 and #2 scoring options has been a big development. Now add in Mids to the mix- watch out!

Do Giannis and Jabari develop this fast if Middleton isn't out and Snell isn't then traded for? Mids might have been the number one option, MCW might have still been mucking things up even from the bench.

Do you remember that video of Giannis on draft day? "Two years ago I'm on Greek second team and now...NBA!" something like that
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#171 » by Shaffty » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:36 am

Istanbullus wrote:
4xBuck wrote:

In the long run, as long as Mids comes back 100%, this could be a net positive for the Bucks... Giannis and Parker steeping up and becoming comfortable as clear #1 and #2 scoring options has been a big development. Now add in Mids to the mix- watch out!

Do Giannis and Jabari develop this fast if Middleton isn't out and Snell isn't then traded for?

yes

Giannis probably looks better with about 3 more assists a game and we win a lot more and Giannis is actually maybe an MVP
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#172 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:44 am

This is a timeline of how I see the Bucks going forward:

This year the key is to keep finetuning the team and keep the .500 until Mids is back. Then make a run for #6 seed and have a good series against someone like CHA/BOS/NY. Really give it a go and whatever happens. Draft someone useful long term.

Next year with Mids back from the start and the rookies a little more experienced we need to try for higher, 2nd round at least. Finalise the core of the team and make sure everyone understands we're permanently a PO team with a couple of legit stars.

And then, on the 3rd year, with the new arena ready, both stars signed on long term contracts, a bit of PO experience under the belt, with Lebron and Lowry winding down a little and a bit more cap space, then you can attract a big name FA and really go for it. Go to win the East.

If it doesnt happen that year it will happen the next.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#173 » by Shaffty » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:54 am

Pachinko_ wrote:This is a timeline of how I see the Bucks going forward:

This year the key is to keep finetuning the team and keep the .500 until Mids is back. Then make a run for #6 seed and have a good series against someone like CHA/BOS/NY. Really give it a go and whatever happens. Draft someone useful long term.

Next year with Mids back from the start and the rookies a little more experienced we need to try for higher, 2nd round at least. Finalise the core of the team and make sure everyone understands we're permanently a PO team with a couple of legit stars.

And then, on the 3rd year, with the new arena ready, both stars signed on long term contracts, a bit of PO experience under the belt, with Lebron and Lowry winding down a little and a bit more cap space, then you can attract a big name FA and really go for it. Go to win the East.

If it doesnt happen that year it will happen the next.

this is shooting low, I think we can win the East next year
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#174 » by freewhitemoon » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:47 am

Bucks are now 3rd in SRS in east
Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,151

Post#175 » by Willie Colon » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:11 am

humanrefutation wrote:
ampd wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Agreed. These two are the most exciting duo we've had. Kareem was great and the sky hook a lethal weapon but it was methodical not exciting. Sid had his moments but nothing like either of our current guys. Ray/Sam/Dog all very good but again, a step down from G&P in terms of athleticism and excitement.

Giannis produces so many ridiculous looking highlight plays I'm not sure I can think of another guy in the game right now who so consistently makes 5+ plays per game where you just kind of wonder how the hell what you just saw was even possible. Maybe Westbrook?

Westbrook is an interesting comp in that regard, but I don't know if I have the same kind of reaction to him.

Westbrook is more similar to LeBron, in that he can be so physically imposing and explosive when he wants to take over a game. Jabari - at his physical peak - could get close to that.

But those guys never made me think "how the **** is that possible?!" in the same way Giannis does. Giannis does things with his height and wingspan that leave my jaw on the ground. He transcends barriers we haven't seen before for someone of his physical stature. There's no real comp for him in NBA history. That's why "unicorn" is an apt description.

I wouldn't say that. There's been more than a few players with similar builds and abilities. Even now, Porzingus might be more of a freak than the Greek Freak himself. The difference is that Giannis has a tremendous mindset and work ethic. He's not kidding when he says he wants to be an MVP one day.

Also, Benji Wilson was nearly identical to Giannis. He was compared to Magic Johnson with better handles. It still makes me sad to think about what could've been.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#176 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:33 am

Shaffty wrote:this is shooting low, I think we can win the East next year

Very low chance, unless multiple radical things happen over the summer.
Lebron and the Raptors are still there in full force.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#177 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:53 am

Willie Colon wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
ampd wrote:
Giannis produces so many ridiculous looking highlight plays I'm not sure I can think of another guy in the game right now who so consistently makes 5+ plays per game where you just kind of wonder how the hell what you just saw was even possible. Maybe Westbrook?

Westbrook is an interesting comp in that regard, but I don't know if I have the same kind of reaction to him.

Westbrook is more similar to LeBron, in that he can be so physically imposing and explosive when he wants to take over a game. Jabari - at his physical peak - could get close to that.

But those guys never made me think "how the **** is that possible?!" in the same way Giannis does. Giannis does things with his height and wingspan that leave my jaw on the ground. He transcends barriers we haven't seen before for someone of his physical stature. There's no real comp for him in NBA history. That's why "unicorn" is an apt description.

I wouldn't say that. There's been more than a few players with similar builds and abilities. Even now, Porzingus might be more of a freak than the Greek Freak himself. The difference is that Giannis has a tremendous mindset and work ethic. He's not kidding when he says he wants to be an MVP one day.

Also, Benji Wilson was nearly identical to Giannis. He was compared to Magic Johnson with better handles. It still makes me sad to think about what could've been.

Porzingis is a freak in his own right but compared to Giannis he looks like a 40 year old. That spin move that Giannis does at full speed? There's 6'5" NBA guards who can't do that. That hip flexibility, balance and coordination are super rare in much smaller guys, never mind motor, core strength and sheer dimensions when you look at stride and wingspan. Porzingis spent the whole summer working on his lower body just to be able to not fall when pushed and get close to playing 82 games. I'd love it if Giannis had his shooting stroke, but other than that Giannis wins at everything.

Westbrook is crazy athletic and fun but the entertainment value of Giannis from a fan perspective is off the charts man. Westbrook has those times when he attacks the rim and explodes, but at the end of the day he also takes a metric tonne of long twos and threes, and he's not particularly good at those. With Giannis, everytime he gets the ball you feel there's like a 50% chance of a highlight. Especially when you can also see Jabari cutting next to him.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#178 » by 4xBuck » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:56 am

Willie Colon wrote:I'm going to temper my expectations a bit on Brogdon. He's already 24 and isn't that physically gifted for an NBA player. My guess is that he will be like most 4-year college players and have a solid start to his career, but plateau early.

Yeah, he's probably about maxed out, but that's OK. He's a fine player now and will still improve somewhat.

I also like how his shot improved so quickly.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#179 » by Prince12 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:58 am

Istanbullus wrote:
4xBuck wrote:

Do Giannis and Jabari develop this fast if Middleton isn't out and Snell isn't then traded for? Mids might have been the number one option, MCW might have still been mucking things up even from the bench.

Do you remember that video of Giannis on draft day? "Two years ago I'm on Greek second team and now...NBA!" something like that

The MCW point is something i was thinking about earlier. Its potentially taking it a little to far but i was thinking if that season ending MCW injury last season after the asb has single handedly changed the direction of this franchise.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#180 » by Prince12 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:59 am

Just finished watching, all ill say is I'm trying to keep a lid on it but finding it very difficult. This team is good, and is going to be dangerous. Already. I love these guys.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks