Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Re: Upcoming free agents 

Post#161 » by drew881 » Fri Feb 3, 2017 9:03 pm

Wisky4life wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:http://www.spotrac.com/nba/milwaukee-bucks/yearly/cap/

If we dont have Monroe, Hawes and Henson next year our payroll is near 68-70 million, plenty of space to grab a high profile guy if we wanted.

Its too bad we couldnt do a trade for a top PG like Wall or a top C like Boogie. Free agency seems pretty underwhelming next year, Jrue is probably a solid fit but like previously mentioned, he cant stay healthy

Well with Jabari getting his extension, it probably leaves us with around 20 million in 2 years. Jabari won't kick in next year but the year after. So I wouldn't want us to dump a lot into guys and put us in salary trouble.

Outside of Jabari, we don't have much to offer for Wall. Brogdon, Middleton, Thon doesn't get it done, given they have Beal and Porter. I don't think we shake up anything until we see what Milddleton-Giannis-Parker can do this year.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#162 » by Gianstoppable » Fri Feb 3, 2017 9:19 pm

drew881 wrote:
Wisky4life wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:http://www.spotrac.com/nba/milwaukee-bucks/yearly/cap/

If we dont have Monroe, Hawes and Henson next year our payroll is near 68-70 million, plenty of space to grab a high profile guy if we wanted.

Its too bad we couldnt do a trade for a top PG like Wall or a top C like Boogie. Free agency seems pretty underwhelming next year, Jrue is probably a solid fit but like previously mentioned, he cant stay healthy

Well with Jabari getting his extension, it probably leaves us with around 20 million in 2 years. Jabari won't kick in next year but the year after. So I wouldn't want us to dump a lot into guys and put us in salary trouble.

Outside of Jabari, we don't have much to offer for Wall. Brogdon, Middleton, Thon doesn't get it done, given they have Beal and Porter. I don't think we shake up anything until we see what Milddleton-Giannis-Parker can do this year.

Yeah thats what I meant, unless we did a Jabari, Brogdon, Thon, 1st theres no way we even get them to pick the phone up.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#163 » by Gianstoppable » Fri Feb 3, 2017 9:20 pm

John Wall has one of the best contracts in the game, he would be an outstanding fit here too but he would also be a great fit for 90% of the other teams out there
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#164 » by Prez » Sat Feb 4, 2017 9:51 am

What do you guys think Jrue gets this summer, and would you be cool paying him that?
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#165 » by Fotis St » Sat Feb 4, 2017 1:23 pm

I would go after George Hill. When healthy early this season he was playing like an all-star
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
bigredbadger
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#166 » by bigredbadger » Sat Feb 4, 2017 2:01 pm

I'd see if Jeff Teague wants to sign with us again.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#167 » by Beorn » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:01 pm

I'd be fine with Jrue. Can't see Utah leaving Hill go
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#168 » by bigkurty » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:11 pm

I want to throw big money at Otto Porter if Monroe opts out and we clear Henson. I'm sure Washington matches but if they dont, that would be sweet. If anything, at least we force them to spend their money.

One thing I do know for sure, I am not extending Jabari yet. I am letting him reach RFA like Washington did with Porter. I don't trust Jabari enough yet to take the risk.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#169 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:25 pm

bigkurty wrote:I want to throw big money at Otto Porter if Monroe opts out and we clear Henson. I'm sure Washington matches but if they dont, that would be sweet. If anything, at least we force them to spend their money.

One thing I do know for sure, I am not extending Jabari yet. I am letting him reach RFA like Washington did with Porter. I don't trust Jabari enough yet to take the risk.

If they free up some salary before then, that could work out really well. Jabari's cap figure should be a little under $10m during restricted free agency. That gives you almost 1.5 years to try to get out of the last year of Mirza's deal and the last 2 years of Dellavedova and Henson, the latter having a contract that is actually decreasing in that time.

There's a good chance Monroe and Hawes opt in, but they're guaranteed to be off the books by 2018. If they use restricted free agency in their favor for once ( :lol: ), they could be in a great spot to add some major talent in 2018. Giannis, Khris, and Jabari would count for just over $45m and the rest would be on rookie deals.

The 2018 free agents might be better than this summer's, and the Bucks could be a much more attractive destination by then. All they'd have to do is plan far enough ahead to get 2018 expirings for semi-useful players like Dellavedova and Mirza, which shouldn't be too hard. Throw in Vaughn to unload Henson and you're set.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,401

Post#170 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Feb 4, 2017 3:37 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
bigkurty wrote:I want to throw big money at Otto Porter if Monroe opts out and we clear Henson. I'm sure Washington matches but if they dont, that would be sweet. If anything, at least we force them to spend their money.

If they free up some salary before then, that could work out really well. Jabari's cap figure should be a little under $10m during restricted free agency. That gives you almost 1.5 years to try to get out of the last year of Mirza's deal and the last 2 years of Dellavedova and Henson, the latter having a contract that is actually decreasing in that time.

There's a good chance Monroe and Hawes opt in, but they're guaranteed to be off the books by 2018. If they use restricted free agency in their favor for once ( :lol: ), they could be in a great spot to add some major talent in 2018. Giannis, Khris, and Jabari would count for just over $45m and the rest would be on rookie deals.

The 2018 free agents might be better than this summer's, and the Bucks could be a much more attractive destination by then. All they'd have to do is plan far enough ahead to get 2018 expirings for semi-useful players like Dellavedova and Mirza, which shouldn't be too hard. Throw in Vaughn to unload Henson and you're set.

Can somebody copy and paste this to John Hammond, please.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#171 » by PANDEMONEUM » Sat Feb 4, 2017 11:14 pm

DONT extend Snell.

James Young BOS SG 21
James McAdoo GSW SF 24
Adreian Payne MIN PF 25
Terrence Jones NOP PF 25
Ian Clark GSW SG 25
Hollis Thompson PHI SG 25

we can get 1 or 2 of these guys on the cheap

then try and steal someone, from RFA status, like

Ron Baker NYK SG 23
Andre Roberson OKC SG 25
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#172 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:51 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Anybody have a quick summary of the 2018 free agents? I seem to recall that it could be a much better class than this summer, but I don't remember the details and I'm too lazy to look it up.

I really think that should be the priority. Focusing on 2017 expirings would limit the number of possible trade partners, and it's not exactly likely that teams would line up to trade for Mirza, Delly, or Henson. Hawes and Monroe could be back another year, too. It would just be really hard to have any cap space of consequence this summer, but if they play Jabari's rfa status correctly, they could strike gold in 2018. Players who want to join a good team without taking a pay cut don't always have a lot of options; the Bucks could give them one.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#173 » by M-C-G » Tue Feb 7, 2017 7:37 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Anybody have a quick summary of the 2018 free agents? I seem to recall that it could be a much better class than this summer, but I don't remember the details and I'm too lazy to look it up.

I really think that should be the priority. Focusing on 2017 expirings would limit the number of possible trade partners, and it's not exactly likely that teams would line up to trade for Mirza, Delly, or Henson. Hawes and Monroe could be back another year, too. It would just be really hard to have any cap space of consequence this summer, but if they play Jabari's rfa status correctly, they could strike gold in 2018. Players who want to join a good team without taking a pay cut don't always have a lot of options; the Bucks could give them one.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2018/
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#174 » by LuessiT » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:19 pm

I don't see how it's better. It's basicly Cousins and Bradley.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#175 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:23 pm

I don't think people are realizing how good Snell is playing right now. 59% TS in a perfect off-ball role (11% USG rate) and giving you really good perimeter defense. Extending him for a reasonable price is my top free agent priority in the offseason. You're never going to build a contender if you're scared to spend money, so long as you're spending money on the right players.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#176 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:25 pm

You're going to have to throw the max at him, and Washington still probably matches. No thanks.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#177 » by Prince12 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:26 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I don't think people are realizing how good Snell is playing right now. 59% TS in a perfect off-ball role (11% USG rate) and giving you really good perimeter defense. Extending him for a reasonable price is my top free agent priority in the offseason. You're never going to build a contender if you're scared to spend money, so long as you're spending money on the right players.

His role is still so underrated. I think he's doing little enough to slip under the radar. Think we could get him on a 2/12-14 deal or something. The talk he could get 10 mill seems a little much but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#178 » by M-C-G » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:32 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I don't think people are realizing how good Snell is playing right now. 59% TS in a perfect off-ball role (11% USG rate) and giving you really good perimeter defense. Extending him for a reasonable price is my top free agent priority in the offseason. You're never going to build a contender if you're scared to spend money, so long as you're spending money on the right players.

Yeah, I am waiting until I see how valuable he is once Middleton is back. That is a major concern for me, that we just recreate our center mess at the SG position. It helps that Snell can defend the 1-3, provides some more flexibility. Very, very torn on Snell and what he is worth to us vs. what he gets offered.

Also, can't wait to see a Snell, Midds, Parker, Giannis, Thon line up at some point this season. Has a lot of potential for a "small ball" line up...need to come up with a name for that. "Long ball" line up.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#179 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:37 pm

Milbuck wrote:What do you guys think Jrue gets this summer, and would you be cool paying him that?

A Lot

18-22 per season
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#180 » by M-C-G » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:56 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
Milbuck wrote:What do you guys think Jrue gets this summer, and would you be cool paying him that?

A Lot

18-22 per season

Yeah rumors are that NOP is going to pay to keep him, but that the Sixers are going to make him a big offer. For how many games he misses, I am not sure you want to take on that risk.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks