ImageImage

PG Thread (Boston) - Bucks fall to the Celtics in OT.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Re: PG Thread (Boston) - Bucks fall to the Celtics in OT. 

Post#241 » by machu46 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:10 pm

Gant wrote:
ZeppelinPage wrote:Holy ****. We absolutely dominated them with Thon on the court, they had no clue what to do vs that length. Why the hell did Kidd never use that lineup again?

He did look good but the domination was less than absolute. Bucks -3 with Thon on the court.

We were a trainwreck with Thon early and then he had roughly a good 2 minute stretch. It's promising to see him have stretches like that but he certainly didn't dominate tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#242 » by jute2003 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Im glad Thon looked like a rotation player and showed flashes. Ive always been fine with bringing him along slowly. Hopefully he is able to build on the flashes and become more consistent as he gets more minutes.
Bari had his worst game by far. Looks like his head is spinning. The Allstar break will probably do him a lot of good. He is frustrating to watch because The athletic tools are there and he isnt stupid. He just needs to give a damn more often and focus. Get the man some adderall.

I still think Giannis' playstyle has changed. He isnt consistently making his teammates better anymore. Some of that is on his teammates for being inconsistent role players but he definitely isos more and the ball seems to stick with him a lot more.

Bottom line, team results havent and still dont really matter this year. It was always a growth year. Hopefully they can avoid the implosion it sure seems like they're headed towards though.
only a fan, only an opinion
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,163

Post#243 » by JEIS » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:26 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
machu46 wrote:
Gant wrote:
ZeppelinPage wrote:Holy ****. We absolutely dominated them with Thon on the court, they had no clue what to do vs that length. Why the hell did Kidd never use that lineup again?

He did look good but the domination was less than absolute. Bucks -3 with Thon on the court.

We were a trainwreck with Thon early and then he had roughly a good 2 minute stretch. It's promising to see him have stretches like that but he certainly didn't dominate tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... thon had 2 fouls in like the first 40 seconds of the game. On his effort on D alone he deserves playing time compared to the other centers. He is disruptive when on the floor. He brings chaos and energy... I think the Celtics were like wtf is this guy on. He makes big plays that other players (besides Giannis) just don't make.

Also, Beasley has some sick moves sometimes.. He should go to the rim more.
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#244 » by CannondaleF400 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:28 pm

jute2003 wrote:Im glad Thon looked like a rotation player and showed flashes. Ive always been fine with bringing him along slowly. Hopefully he is able to build on the flashes and become more consistent as he gets more minutes.
Bari had his worst game by far. Looks like his head is spinning. The Allstar break will probably do him a lot of good. He is frustrating to watch because The athletic tools are there and he isnt stupid. He just needs to give a damn more often and focus. Get the man some adderall.

I still think Giannis' playstyle has changed. He isnt consistently making his teammates better anymore. Some of that is on his teammates for being inconsistent role players but he definitely isos more and the ball seems to stick with him a lot more.

Bottom line, team results havent and still dont really matter this year. It was always a growth year. Hopefully they can avoid the implosion it sure seems like they're headed towards though.

agree that Giannis could do more to make his teammates better - he has a unique ability to do this and this part of his game is not developing enough.

Yes it is a growth year and the most important part of this non-Mids stretch was developing chemistry between Giannis and Jabari. It seemed their chemistry was a B grade early in the season now it is maybe a D.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#245 » by tski1972 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter

so the Bucks are one game better than last year with a home heavy schedule. not a good sign.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,365

Post#246 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:40 pm

blazza18 wrote:
xTitan wrote:One thing I've noticed about Giannis lately is that he has fallen into the bad habit of fading away on a number of his shots....seems earlier in the year he wasn't doing that and had several games where he was consistently getting to the line....needs to get back to the line 8 plus times per game.....plus needs to demand the ball in crunch time and most importantly deliver.

How is he suppose to get to the line 8 plus times per game when teams are walling him off outside the paint?

Giannis has been shooting in these situations rather than passing to the open guy for the 3. We need to go back to keeping the defense honest. Teams are not allowing Giannis drives to the basket anymore.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#247 » by Fotis St » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Just saw the game full length ...

I wanna talk about Point Giannis

For me we lost the game for many reasons, but one of them for sure,

is that Kidd has turned this ship from Point Giannis to Point Nothing

I mean I watched our offense closely ... Dear God, even Isaiah Thomas coached by Kidd can't get this offense working.

Our set plays are hilarious simple ... touches at the elbows, some typical rotation non ball movement, even when a player cuts hard (pretty rare) our Elbow Playmakers never feed the cutter, and we reset to Delly or Brogdon at the top of the key with 10sec to try to play a pick n roll with a C that leads to a turnover or a bad shot.
Other is a simple hand off backscreen for the 3.

How many of you expect from Giannis or whoever PG to make this offensive scheme to work ?
Opponents coaches have figured us out ... nothing is working even if we execute those dumb plays.
On the other end defensively, yes ALL opponent's have figured our system and punish us every night.

Let's get back to the last minutes and overtime ....

We lost cause Jabari and Giannis on 2 occassions they didn't run for the transition offense on the last 1:30 minute ...

Why on earth you choose to go for a half court set when you know you are almost the worst team in the NBA there, while you

have the opportunity to attack on transition ?

Our strength is there we should go for it ... we could get a basket, we could get a foul, we could turnover the ball or make an offensive foul, BUT the odds are favouring the Bucks when on transition and that is crystal clear ...

Now about OVERTIME

Kidd used Point Delly in Overtime and not Point Giannis ... that killed us turnovers, bad decisions by Delly.

Kidd refused to go to Point Giannis and went for Point Jabari too ... that led to an offensive foul ...

Giannis at the corner 3 should be a banned set play for any Bucks' coach, present or future, with immediate reaction of firing him

In overtime Giannis got the ball in his hands only 1:17 left and he fed Snell with a hand off 3.

I don't wan't iso Giannis all night, but when the game is online you give the ball to your best player... You give him space and trust his talent ... Best thing is to have decent set plays working, but since we don't have any, iso Point Giannis is our only hope.

Boston did that ... Thomas killed us so many times with his iso plays either he hit the 3 or penetrate and create for others.

Thon Maker had a great run !!! What a highlight ... Block, contest Jerebko's shot, Grab the board and run crazy to the other side for the transition dunk. I knew he was special before draft knight, he will get it in short time.

One more important notice

Our half court offense is so slow, that our opponents REST !!!

After a rest they kill us at the other end, with ball movement and off ball movement cause their energy is always high

It was shown in a stat that we are one of the worst teams to distance covered on offense.

So most of you are correct, first blame the scheme please, players can't operate to their strengths.

Sorry for the long post, I just got emotional by the loss, cause the Bradley Center was full, and we should win these games !!!
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#248 » by randy84 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:If someone would take Mirza I'd move him and give Thon all his minutes. F*ck it.

All his minutes are on the bench.

I do agree that I would move Thon into that second unit at PF. If Kidd wants to keep trying random lineups, then move Moose back into the starting lineup.

Put Henson/Plums with Thon, Beasley, Terry/Vaughn, Brogdon at least until Middleton gets back.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#249 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:11 pm

I don't know what you are trying to prove or say guys.
Things are pretty simple.

Your best two players down the stretch are Monroe and Giannis. They both can make shots and or get the call and make their free throws.

Jabari is pure garbage compared to his normal game in the first 3 quarters of each game.

Delly is probably the worst starter in the league and by FAR the worst closer in the league.
Giannis and Monroe average their season PIE in the clutch(17-18).
Delly averages NEGATIVE.......NEGATIVE PIE in the clutch.
He is not just garbage but he is simply the opponents MVP player...
He can't defend without fouling.
He can't drive and finish without getting blocked a throwing an airball.
He can't create without risking a turnover.
He can't make his wide open shots.

And he had 30% usage in the overtime compare to Giannis' and Monroe's 9%...
A guy that averages 39% TS in the fourth quarter this season was your PG in the most crucial minutes.
How do you expect to win a game against a properly coached top 3 seed team like the Celtics like that?
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#250 » by CannondaleF400 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:21 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:I don't know what you are trying to prove or say guys.

Your best two players down the stretch are Monroe and Giannis. They both can make shots and or get the call and make their free throws.

Jabari is pure garbage compared to his normal game in the first 3 quarters of each game.

Delly is probably the worst starter in the league and by FAR the worst closer in the league.

A guy that averages 39% TS in the fourth quarter this season was your PG in the most crucial minutes.
How do you expect to win a game against a properly coached top 3 seed team like the Celtics like that?

it's dumb

Delly gives us nothing, neither wins or development
Monroe might give wins but no development
Win or lose Giannis or Jabari would at least provide development

Plus when Mids comes back Kidd will probably give him the reins, there will be fewer opportunities to develop G and J in those situations
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,499

Post#251 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:30 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bernman wrote: Greg is easily our 2nd best player, and our best player down the stretch of games, guys. That's the reality. He has never had a winning season, yet he's the biggest winner on this team.

Big lumbering guy is bound to eventually try less because moving that body isn't easy.

I just don't buy this theory. Outside of last season, he's played pretty well overall at center during his NBA career. His first year with the Bucks was really the anomaly for whatever reason. As a high schooler he played like a point center. I think he's a guy who chose the game in spite of being big. He's a competitor. But you have to give him something to compete for, otherwise the easy thing to do with that body-type is to take breaks for periods. He's leaving it out on the line at the end of games when he has a chance to produce a win.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,377

Post#252 » by M-C-G » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:34 pm

If you weren't there for the first quarter that was a hell of a game. Crowd was great day if Jabari just has a bad game and not worst career game, we win. Definitely something wrong with the chemistry of this team right now.

Thon might have been a -3but he showed me enough I think he can be that 20 mpg center next season. Love the activity, which you don't remotely get from our other centers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bernman
RealGM

Post#253 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:39 pm

machu46 wrote:
Gant wrote:

Thus is the life of the rookie on this forum. Highlight his strengths and positive stints, while putting a shadow on his weaknesses and negative periods. Year two or three if the play is anywhere close the attitude will do a complete 180.

That said, if in his freneticism he made a few plays and we out-played the Celtics in his previous stint, the better choice would have been to bring him back onto the court again in the 2nd half for another brief period where he can burn fouls but hopefully we at least don't lose ground in the process, and then call upon Monroe again instead of playing him for 2 full quarters straight.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#254 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:46 pm

tski1972 wrote:
Read on Twitter

so the Bucks are one game better than last year with a home heavy schedule. not a good sign.

In other words, the longer the new owners have had to put their stamp on the organization, the worse things have gotten, in spite of #OwnTheFuture....inheriting two high upside young players like Giannis and Jabari. Shouldn't we be going in the opposite direction?
MokeskiMoprblms
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#255 » by MokeskiMoprblms » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:50 pm

I was at the game last night and the Bucks can no longer complain about crowd support. Clearly Packers season is over and everyone desperately wants to get behind the Bucks. It was the best I've experienced at BC.

All night the team was in Jabari's ear trying to pick him up. It was painful watching him, almost seemed like he had a personal issue he was trying to play through. Regardless, if the goal was to win the game, Beasley replacing Jabari down the stretch and in OT was the obvious answer. It was one of those nights where he could have carried them to a win.

And yes, more Thon please. I lost my voice in those 2 minutes alone.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#256 » by Prince12 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:52 pm

MokeskiMoprblms wrote:I was at the game last night and the Bucks can no longer complain about crowd support. Clearly Packers season is over and everyone desperately wants to get behind the Bucks. It was the best I've experienced at BC.

All night the team was in Jabari's ear trying to pick him up. It was painful watching him, almost seemed like he had a personal issue he was trying to play through. Regardless, if the goal was to win the game, Beasley replacing Jabari down the stretch and in OT was the obvious answer. It was one of those nights where he could have carried them to a win.

Was a **** ton of celtics fans. Not bulls level but a lot.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#257 » by har13 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:04 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:I don't know what you are trying to prove or say guys.

Ok now,Delly is an ok player,its not his fault if Kidd playing him the wrong way,a player always think he is the man and can do evrything,when i was playing football i thought i can be the God,its not his fault if Kidd believes the same ,he is a system player and he can run the point when players are moving and cutting,he can't bit his player,he also need good space too like unfortunately all Bucks player,he can easily find a good pass when a team is playing with system and good spacing.

He needs 2 good shooters and 2 atheltics guys inside.

Look Broghton too, he dribbles, dribbles,dribbles,dribbles,attack the rim and pass only for assists,i think the press hit him in the head after his 3double game and he is playing for his stats, and he looks like a high IQ guy.

We are about to believe that all players ara bad because Kidd never put them in a possition to succeed,a player like Delly need spacing and a good system,a player like Tel needs plays for him and good defenders and so on.

Fire Kidd team.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#258 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Jabari with a statement game.

"You are NOT gonna trade me to Boston."
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#259 » by M-C-G » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:18 pm

Bernman wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
Read on Twitter

In other words, the longer the new owners have had to put their stamp on the organization, the worse things have gotten, in spite of #OwnTheFuture....inheriting two high upside young players like Giannis and Jabari. Shouldn't we be going in the opposite direction?

I don't know, we had Middleton to achieve that record, who pretty much everyone agrees was our best player last season. I know it is hard to feel good about this team, and I am extremely frustrated myself, but still think this team plus a healthy Middleton is likely a top 4 seed this year. Maybe overly optimistic, I don't know.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#260 » by M-C-G » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Prince12 wrote:
MokeskiMoprblms wrote:I was at the game last night and the Bucks can no longer complain about crowd support. Clearly Packers season is over and everyone desperately wants to get behind the Bucks. It was the best I've experienced at BC.

Was a **** ton of celtics fans. Not bulls level but a lot.

Walking around, the number wasn't that high (as Bulls games), nor were they nearly as loud. They had their moments early, but when the Bucks started getting back in the game in the second half, Bucks crowd was killing it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks