ImageImage

OT - BIG3 3on3 Professional Basketball League

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

OT - BIG3 3on3 Professional Basketball League 

Post#1 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Feb 9, 2017 4:47 pm

I heard Milwaukee is in consideration for one of these dates. Would any of you go to this?

http://www.big3.com/

BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Re: OT - BIG3 3on3 Professional Basketball League 

Post#2 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 9, 2017 4:55 pm

It is intriguing.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#3 » by Mags FTW » Thu Feb 9, 2017 5:17 pm

I have zero interest. I just have a hard time getting into pro sports that are not the top level of competition (MLS, Admirals, etc.)

Whether it will be a success or not probably depends on ticket prices. The guys on PTI debated it, and Kornheiser felt that if tickets were around $20 you could get enough fans, but Wilbon thought they would be much higher than that. I don't think there would be enough interest here. They should stick to larger cities and some cities that don't have NBA teams and never got to see these guys play.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,051

Post#4 » by humanrefutation » Thu Feb 9, 2017 5:19 pm

I'd watch it on TV.
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#5 » by Wiscfan92 » Thu Feb 9, 2017 6:40 pm

Depending on who was playing that day, I'd certainly go out and watch if it was reasonably priced.
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#6 » by DingleJerry » Thu Feb 9, 2017 6:53 pm

Really they might have a better shot at just playing the games in one spot like LA and televising them. I'll watch the hell out of this on TV but unlikely to invest the time and energy to go see it in person. However, I don't live in MKE so it's a commute
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#7 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Feb 9, 2017 6:55 pm

I think it would also be more appealing if it were an outdoor event. Since it is a summer league, I think people would rather be outside enjoying the weather than in a big empty arena.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#8 » by Mags FTW » Thu Feb 9, 2017 7:11 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I think it would also be more appealing if it were an outdoor event. Since it is a summer league, I think people would rather be outside enjoying the weather than in a big empty arena.

They probably want to avoid rainouts, and either need/expect to sell more tickets than can be supported by constructing temporary bleachers at each location. Probably want to cut out the overhead of transport and setup/teardown of the bleachers as well.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#9 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Feb 9, 2017 8:52 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I think it would also be more appealing if it were an outdoor event. Since it is a summer league, I think people would rather be outside enjoying the weather than in a big empty arena.

They probably want to avoid rainouts, and either need/expect to sell more tickets than can be supported by constructing temporary bleachers at each location. Probably want to cut out the overhead of transport and setup/teardown of the bleachers as well.

Oh definitely. I just don't think that many people (especially in Milwaukee) are going to want to pay top dollar to watch a 3on3 basketball game inside a place like the Bradley Center when they could be out by the lake, on water street, up north, etc.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks