ImageImage

PG Thread (Denver) - Tank keeps rolling

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Re: PG Thread (Denver) - Tank keeps rolling 

Post#201 » by Wiscfan92 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:25 pm

I haven't looked into it, but how are the Bucks doing on that 10 home game wins package they offered a while back?
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#202 » by Prince12 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:25 pm

Wiscfan92 wrote:I haven't looked into it, but how are the Bucks doing on that 10 home game wins package they offered a while back?

4-7 I believe. Should see out the season id think. Pretty funny.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#203 » by BucksPackers » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:29 pm

So let me get this straight. We are down 10-20 most of the game and we don't play our young guys to get experience. What a Joke kidd needs to go after this season! I'm fine having him finish it out since it seems like he is good at losing games.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#204 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:32 pm

BucksPackers wrote:So let me get this straight. We are down 10-20 most of the game and we don't play our young guys to get experience. What a Joke kidd needs to go after this season! I'm fine having him finish it out since it seems like he is good at losing games.

I think we were actually down 30 points at one time.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#205 » by buckboy » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:38 pm

M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:So let me get this straight. We are down 10-20 most of the game and we don't play our young guys to get experience. What a Joke kidd needs to go after this season! I'm fine having him finish it out since it seems like he is good at losing games.

I think we were actually down 30 points at one time.

In the 2nd quarter. :lol:

Edit: worst it got was 29 at 51-22. I say again: :lol:
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#206 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:40 pm

Did Kidd even do a post game interview after that? Or did he just put a boombox out there and hit play on a cassette tape which says we need more effort, more energy and the team is young, and we need to learn from this and grow from this?
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#207 » by BucksPackers » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:43 pm

There is literally no excuse that Thon and Vaughn didn't get at least 15 mins each. And 15 is on the low end.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#208 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:48 pm

midranger wrote:
jschligs wrote:
midranger wrote:Any optimism that I had from Giannis turning into a superstar level player has evaporated.

Just hard to be bullish on this team and front office. Hoping for lightning to strike in the draft.

What? That's just stupid.

I'm guessing you misunderstood what I wrote.

Can you clarify what you meant? It seems like you are saying you no longer have any optimism that Giannis can turn into a superstar level player.

Which I would think is stupid, but want to know what you meant.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#209 » by DanoMac » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:51 pm

Ahhhh, I missed you tankathon.com. Welcome back to my bookmarks baby
Prince12
RealGM

Post#210 » by Prince12 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:51 pm

M-C-G wrote:
midranger wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Can you clarify what you meant? It seems like you are saying you no longer have any optimism that Giannis can turn into a superstar level player.

No, hes saying the optimism and excitement about him emerging into a superstar level talent is subsiding by the pure misery that is being a fan of the rudderless Milwaukee Bucks.

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#211 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:53 pm

Prince12 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
midranger wrote:I'm guessing you misunderstood what I wrote.

No, hes saying the optimism and excitement about him emerging into a superstar level talent is subsiding by the pure misery that is being a fan of the rudderless Milwaukee Bucks.

Ah, gotcha...Yeah, I get that.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#212 » by buckboy » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:29 pm

M-C-G wrote:
midranger wrote:
jschligs wrote:

He means all the optimism he gained when it became clear Giannis was going to be a superstar has now evaporated because Kidd. And Parker injury presumably.

Correct me if I'm wrong mid. The Kidd part is my opinion others may vary.

Edit: I have no idea why Prince's response didn't show up for me.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#213 » by BucksRule18 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:30 pm

As bad as the Bucks have been this year, I honestly believe we'll be worse next year with Kidd as coach. With Jabari out most of the season and Monroe and Beasley likely gone, I'm not exactly sure where our points will come from, especially with Giannis getting triple teamed. I have a feeling we'll have a hard time cracking 80 points per game on a consistent basis. I have zero confidence that our mid level guys (Delly, Telly, Henson, etc.) will improve next year, and our free agency signings will likely be even worse. I'm so depressed that a few years form now I may long for the days where we finished .500 and got our butts kicked in the first round of the playoffs.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#214 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:35 pm

BucksRule18 wrote:As bad as the Bucks have been this year, I honestly believe we'll be worse next year with Kidd as coach. With Jabari out most of the season and Monroe and Beasley likely gone, I'm not exactly sure where our points will come from, especially with Giannis getting triple teamed. I have a feeling we'll have a hard time cracking 80 points per game on a consistent basis. I have zero confidence that our mid level guys (Delly, Telly, Henson, etc.) will improve next year, and our free agency signings will likely be even worse. I'm so depressed that a few years form now I may long for the days where we finished .500 and got our butts kicked in the first round of the playoffs.

This is why it is important to bottom out this season. It literally forces the hand of the owners to demand change. Ideally we get a new coach, but minimum there is no justification to bringing the schemes back next year, none. There is no justification to having Hammond lame duck the GM role for another year, none.

The more embarrassed the owners become by this mess, the more likely we will get the change most people are looking for. Smart basketball professionals making strategic and shrewd basketball decisions. I mock PP for talking about this all the time, but this is the season that should drive that change.

The owners have literally put this organization in mediocrity by their own doing.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#215 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:44 pm

Glad to see Bill Michaels calling out the Bucks. Need some more of this.

Bill Michaels
1 hr ·
What's wrong with the Milwaukee Bucks ? Heart? I don't know about heart but I will tell you ... EFFORT absolutely SUCKED last night.
Quit telling me "We're young".
Nice D on the pic below......Snell's not young...he's a VET.
So NOW what's your excuse?
Prince12
RealGM

Post#216 » by Prince12 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:48 pm

Called for a coaching change in another tweet or at least agreed with a fan who suggested it.

sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#217 » by sidney lanier » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:52 pm

BucksRule18 wrote:I have a feeling we'll have a hard time cracking 80 points per game on a consistent basis.

A word of advice: do not bet on your <80 ppg conjecture should you ever stroll through a Vegas sports book. Being depressed and pessimistic is bad enough. Being depressed, pessimistic, and broke might be too much to bear.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Post#218 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:57 pm

According to The Sporting News, we wanted Deron Williams. Are you **** kidding me??!! **** OwnTheFuture,**** Kidd, and **** the owners.

https://t.co/xWvrI4uMct

The Bucks, according to league sources, were another. That would have reunited Williams with Jason Kidd, his coach in Brooklyn in 2013-14, one of Williams’ most disappointing years. He was hampered by injury and out of shape as the star-laden Nets won just 44 games. During that season, Kidd was once so frustrated by Williams that he took the practice court against him in order to spark some motivation. Yet Kidd wanted Williams in Milwaukee.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#219 » by Bernman » Thu Mar 2, 2017 6:03 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:According to The Sporting News, we wanted Deron Williams. Are you **** kidding me??!! **** OwnTheFuture,**** Kidd, and **** the owners.

The Bucks, according to league sources, were another. That would have reunited Williams with Jason Kidd, his coach in Brooklyn in 2013-14, one of Williams’ most disappointing years. He was hampered by injury and out of shape as the star-laden Nets won just 44 games. During that season, Kidd was once so frustrated by Williams that he took the practice court against him in order to spark some motivation. Yet Kidd wanted Williams in Milwaukee.

Yet, they still pretend the Kidd/Brooklyn conflict of interest doesn't actually exist, and they want fans to be patient because they are supposedly playing the long game. Peeing on our heads and telling us it's raining. All we have to do is look up and see it. The bankers are banking on the casual fan not even doing that.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#220 » by LUKE23 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 6:05 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:According to The Sporting News, we wanted Deron Williams. Are you **** kidding me??!! **** OwnTheFuture,**** Kidd, and **** the owners.

Jesus H Christ.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks