Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Re: Sparky's Bucks weekly with Alex Lasry 

Post#81 » by BucksPackers » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:16 pm

har13 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
har13 wrote:Can someone explain me why Bucks fans are doing nothing if they believe Kidd is not a good coach?
You are the fans man,without you Bucks are nothing,the power is in your hands.

Dude, no :D
This is a private corporation, in America. Private. America.

This is not Εθνικός Πειραιώς to start a riot on the streets and start burning cars because they got relegated to division B or they went bankrupt :D

The MKE Bucks are probably a profitable organisation with a rising equity value in the market, hence, as far as Lasry is concerned, a successful organisation. Basketball is irrelevant.

Hahahahahah i know man,i don't want them to do what the Greek fans are doing :D ,just IF they can to react somehow,you can understand how i feel because you are Greek too :D ,i want to go to Milwaukee and say a few words to Jason **** Kidd,i know i'm wrong 8-) ,i just expect if they can to react somehow ,the American type of reaction. :D
Eθνικος Πειραιως..που σου ρθε....τα χεις και συ τα χρονακια σου χαχαχαχαχ

Dude as fans we can only do so much. The casual fan doens't think like we do. They see kidd as a legend as a great NBA player. They don't see that hes ruining our team and making bone head front office decisions. We are probably in the minority when it comes to people wanting kidd gone unfortunately. Not every bucks fan reads real GM lol.
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#82 » by BucksPackers » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:17 pm

Gam wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:We'll wait for the podcast and transcript but Sparky did ask him the question I wanted to at least have asked. Who makes decisions in the front office.

Alex said they have many talented people in the front office but that ultimately John Hammond makes the decisions as he's the GM.

But then he added something about "when you have a guy like Jason Kidd in your organization you have to listen to his input"

So which one of those guys is taking to the fall for this remains to be seen.

At least Hambone is at worst an above average drafter. Would much much rather Kidd take the fall.

Totally agree. Hammbone should stay and for now and draft. Hire someone else to sign free agents lol.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#83 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:23 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
har13 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Dude, no :D
This is a private corporation, in America. Private. America.

This is not Εθνικός Πειραιώς to start a riot on the streets and start burning cars because they got relegated to division B or they went bankrupt :D

The MKE Bucks are probably a profitable organisation with a rising equity value in the market, hence, as far as Lasry is concerned, a successful organisation. Basketball is irrelevant.

Hahahahahah i know man,i don't want them to do what the Greek fans are doing :D ,just IF they can to react somehow,you can understand how i feel because you are Greek too :D ,i want to go to Milwaukee and say a few words to Jason **** Kidd,i know i'm wrong 8-) ,i just expect if they can to react somehow ,the American type of reaction. :D

Dude as fans we can only do so much. The casual fan doens't think like we do. They see kidd as a legend as a great NBA player. They don't see that hes ruining our team and making bone head front office decisions. We are probably in the minority when it comes to people wanting kidd gone unfortunately. Not every bucks fan reads real GM lol.

I think even casual fans had their expectations raised when this was looking like a playoff team and Giannis being a bona fide all star. I think even they are starting to ask questions about his ability to coach.

I had an uber driver on the way to a game, who didn't even know that Jabari got hurt and he was wondering if Kidd was even a decent coach.
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#84 » by BucksPackers » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:28 pm

M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
har13 wrote:Hahahahahah i know man,i don't want them to do what the Greek fans are doing :D ,just IF they can to react somehow,you can understand how i feel because you are Greek too :D ,i want to go to Milwaukee and say a few words to Jason **** Kidd,i know i'm wrong 8-) ,i just expect if they can to react somehow ,the American type of reaction. :D

I think even casual fans had their expectations raised when this was looking like a playoff team and Giannis being a bona fide all star. I think even they are starting to ask questions about his ability to coach.

I had an uber driver on the way to a game, who didn't even know that Jabari got hurt and he was wondering if Kidd was even a decent coach.

That is why we as fans could never make a difference in who our coach is. Our fans don't even know that Parker is hurt. :noway:
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#85 » by BucksPackers » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:29 pm

Side note was it made clear who the bucks are releasing for Jones or is he just taking Beasley's spot for the time being until we need to make a decision.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#86 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:30 pm

BucksPackers wrote:Side note was it made clear who the bucks are releasing for Jones or is he just taking Beasley's spot for the time being until we need to make a decision.

I would guess they are just waiting out the final days of Axel's contract.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#87 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Mar 3, 2017 4:37 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Anyone have a link to Jake on the post game show last night?

http://media.1057fmthefan.com/a/118585087/bucks-get-crushed-by-nuggets-radio-joe-zenzola-gives-you-the-gory-details-and-takes-your-calls.htm?

35:45 mark

That was the best fan call I've heard in the history of sports radio. Well done Jake.

Yes. It was the 'real' Bucks state of the franchise.

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#88 » by Chapter29 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 6:35 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:
The Rodzilla wrote:why cant they use the injury excuse

I want to know of a team that can lose 2 of their best players for a large chunk of the season and live to have a good record. Not too many.

Injuries are a valid excuse. Youth a little. Poor coaching as well.

I've long thought this was weird.

"They're gonna use the injury excuse. Don't let them." The hell?

Injuries are a legit excuse. The Bucks lost their best player from last season for four months. That alone is enough to sink a team. Now Parker's gone.

This was a lotto team that lost two key players. The injury excuse is legit.

Agreed with everything but that last statement. I do not feel this was a lotto team prior to the injuries. Clearly now however that is not the case.
Giannis
is
UponUs
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#89 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 6:44 pm

Chapter29 wrote: I do not feel this was a lotto team prior to the injuries. Clearly now however that is not the case.

We have this debate every single year. Was "this team" a lotto team or a playoff team?

What always messes up the discussion is that most years for the last 20, the East has sucked. So you've got multiple teams hovering right below .500 all waiting to get into the playoffs.

This is why "playoffs" are only one measuring stick to use when evaluating your team. Personally think 50-wins is the gold standard. Then "second round playoff appearances" after that point.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#90 » by Treebeard » Fri Mar 3, 2017 6:48 pm

Every team loses players to injury during most seasons, even contenders. The ones with decent rosters and adaptable coaches and schemes are able to work through those disasters. This season has exposed the Bucks weaknesses of both roster and adaptability/lack of....
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#91 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 3, 2017 6:49 pm

The injury excuse IS a legitimate one. But that doesn't mean it should be used to cover for the issues that have arisen from the coaching and team chemistry aspect.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#92 » by trwi7 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 9:15 pm

What a smug **** this little prick is.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#93 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 3, 2017 10:17 pm

Holy ****, I don't go on twitter much, but you guys really get after Lasry on twitter. That has to be a ton of realgm guys
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#94 » by Bernman » Fri Mar 3, 2017 10:26 pm

Gam wrote:
Cooleyo47 wrote:
Gam wrote:
Let us look at Hammond's history in the draft: (grades are purely from a talent recognition standpoint, not what we got for them in a trade or how they contributed to the team)

2008: Joe Alexander (8) Total bust, F | Luc Mbah a Moute (37) Solid role player, B-

2009: Brandon Jennings (10) Role player who had some flashes, C | Jodie Meeks (41) Borderline role player C+

2010: Larry Sanders (15) Can't fault Hammy for his mental breakdown, B | Darlington Hobson (37) Bust, D

2011: Jimmer Fredette (10) Could be a NBA roleplayer if he wanted to be, D- | Jon Leuer (40) Is a starter this year, B+

2012: John Henson (14) **** roleplayer, C- | Doron Lamb (42) Bust, D

2013: Giannis (15) Superstar, A+++ | Ricky Ledo (43) Borderline role player C+

2014: Jabari (2) Made the correct pick, N/A* | Damien Inglis [31] Bust, D | JOB (36) Can't find a team, D

2015: Vaughn (17) All reports say it Kidd making this pick not Hammy N/A | Norman Powell (I still want to **** murder someone for the **** Vasquez trade) N/A

2016: Thon (10) Showing massive potential, but it's still early, B | Brogdon (36) Having the best season of anyone in the draft A+

*I can't grade the Jabari pick because it was objectively the correct pick, but he's suffered two MAJOR injuries and the only guy who there was any sort of argument for taking ahead of Jabari has been even more injured so far.

1st round totals: A+++, B, B, C, C-, D-, F.

2nd round totals: A+, B+, B-, C+, C+, D, D, D, D.

I would say that's above average at worst considering we've only picked top-5 (top-7 if you want to cherrypick) once in his time as GM.

2011 1st was actually Tobias Harris, another solid pick. BUT, if he didn't want Stephen freaking Jackson, he could've had Klay.

Whoops, that trade still has me confused lol. And BB-REF always f*cks up who drafted who if the pick was traded during the draft.

Two other evaluations I'll dispute.

- don't think he had much influence over the Alexander pick. He was only in the job a couple months, so behind on scouting for the team, and Alexander was very much a workout wonder type.

- I think you have to give him some blame for Larry Sanders, both as a player and a person. One thing you're evaluating when you draft a guy is character. Larry had poor character. In addition, he only had one good year as a player. There was some revisionist history about him because some fans only remembered the later, full season sample. That's against 4 negative samples. That makes him a bad draft pick. The only caveat for me is the depth of that draft. Although they could have had guys like Bledsoe and Bradley. I'd give that one about a C-.

But still more or less come to the same conclusion.

Kidd/Lasry are effing a lot more s**t up, and before that Kohl and the cronies were. I think a lot of people deep down know this, but some still enjoy deriding Hammond relentlessly and blaming him for all problems with the franchise because he's been a face and stuttering one for so long. It appears he's a bad negotiator on average, for the deals he's actually allowed to be involved in. For that, he can be gone for as much as I care. But if he were scapegoated instead of Kidd, which thankfully doesn't sound like it would happen, it would just be a hollow win to satisfy some in the interim, allowing them to keep the status quo. If Hammond stays, I think we'd be more than fine if he were complemented by an assistant g.m. who is in on negotiations. I think that's why we killed it for the year or so while ownership was in transition. Morway complemented Hammond, and we got a lot of good stuff done. Built a core with additional assets in the bank. Then Tornado Kidd/Lasry came through and blew much of that away.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#95 » by FrieAaron » Fri Mar 3, 2017 10:58 pm

Overall agree with the assessment of his draft record, except I consider anyone drafted at 35+ who ends up either a solid roleplayer or especially a starter at least A
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#96 » by Bernman » Fri Mar 3, 2017 11:10 pm

Alex Lasry‏ @AlexanderLasry 2h2 hours ago

@FakeJohnHammond @brewcitypaul @JStreeter15 enjoy the laker pick next year.

@JStreeter15 @FakeJohnHammond @brewcitypaul draft picks are always great until they actually become players. Then everyone complains

@FakeJohnHammond @JStreeter15 @brewcitypaul I believe the percentage of hitting on a draft pick is less than 50%.

Sounds like if Herb Kohl had a son and he was in the organization defending their loser practices of not typically building through the draft in spite of being a small market. He's spinmeistering himself in circles. This flies in the face of his previous rhetoric and the franchise's marketing angle. Good to see the truth come out. Or none of it is the truth, they have no actual philosophy, and just conform the argument to the situation.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#97 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Mar 3, 2017 11:24 pm

Bernman wrote:
Two other evaluations I'll dispute.

- don't think he had much influence over the Alexander pick. He was only in the job a couple months, so behind on scouting for the team, and Alexander was very much a workout wonder type.

- I think you have to give him some blame for Larry Sanders, both as a player and a person. One thing you're evaluating when you draft a guy is character. Larry had poor character. In addition, he only had one good year as a player. There was some revisionist history about him because some fans only remembered the later, full season sample. That's against 4 negative samples. That makes him a bad draft pick. The only caveat for me is the depth of that draft. Although they could have had guys like Bledsoe and Bradley. I'd give that one about a C-.

But still more or less come to the same conclusion.

Kidd/Lasry are effing a lot more s**t up, and before that Kohl and the cronies were. I think a lot of people deep down know this, but some still enjoy deriding Hammond relentlessly and blaming him for all problems with the franchise because he's been a face and stuttering one for so long. It appears he's a bad negotiator on average, for the deals he's actually allowed to be involved in. For that, he can be gone for as much as I care. But if he were scapegoated instead of Kidd, which thankfully doesn't sound like it would happen, it would just be a hollow win to satisfy some in the interim, allowing them to keep the status quo. If Hammond stays, I think we'd be more than fine if he were complemented by an assistant g.m. who is in on negotiations. I think that's why we killed it for the year or so while ownership was in transition. Morway complemented Hammond, and we got a lot of good stuff done. Built a core with additional assets in the bank. Then Tornado Kidd/Lasry came through and blew much of that away.

Yep. The risk of scapegoating Hammond is that the true scoundrels get a free pass. Kidd, Kohl, Kohl's cronies, and probably Lasry are bona fide asshats of the highest order, with hardly a single redeeming talent evaluation notch on their belt, so to speak. Even if Hammond's only good picks were Brogdon and Thon, his 3% success rate would literally be infinite times greater than Kidd's, for example. Throw in the pre-FTD moves, trading for Dudley, some of the successful 2nd-round picks, and signing guys like MDJ and Zaza. Then you've got his prizes, Khris and Giannis. I mean, how can anyone not see that Kidd, Skiles, and the ownership factions are the cancer? Hammond's failures in restricted free agency alone should be enough to get him fired, but don't act like that solves anything. If anything, it makes it worse, because you might be losing the only guy who at least occasionally nails it.

Fascinating point about roster management after Kohl but before Kidd started having a say. They really positioned themselves well with Giannis, Khris, the LAC pick, and Knight, as well as some valuable vets on very reasonable deals like Dudley, Zaza, Ersan, and Bayless. Then the botched the Knight trade, traded the LAC pick, traded all the vets for nothing, replaced them with players twice as expensive and half as good, and extended Henson.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,833

Post#98 » by fansinceforever » Fri Mar 3, 2017 11:31 pm

is there anything worth listening to in this podcast?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#99 » by midranger » Sat Mar 4, 2017 3:48 am

Great call Jake.

I fully support the shade thrown on mid-level contracts. The percentage of those that work out to be positive value must be minuscule.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,401

Post#100 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Mar 4, 2017 6:30 am

JustinCredible wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Anyone have a link to Jake on the post game show last night?

http://media.1057fmthefan.com/a/118585087/bucks-get-crushed-by-nuggets-radio-joe-zenzola-gives-you-the-gory-details-and-takes-your-calls.htm?

35:45 mark

That was the best fan call I've heard in the history of sports radio. Well done Jake.

For real, Jake. Spot on.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks