ImageImage

GT: 4/8/17 Bucks @ 76ers (6pm CST - FSN-WI+ )

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

GT: 4/8/17 Bucks @ 76ers (6pm CST - FSN-WI+ ) 

Post#1 » by Max Green » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:36 am

An untimely losing streak has put the Milwaukee Bucks' playoff hopes in jeopardy. They will attempt to right themselves when they conclude a three-game road trip against the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night.

The Bucks (40-39) missed an opportunity to secure a postseason berth when they lost 104-89 to the Indiana Pacers on Thursday night despite 25 points, seven rebounds and six assists by Giannis Antetokounmpo. Milwaukee, which dropped its third straight, turned the ball over 21 times, resulting in 29 Indiana points.

With three games left in the regular season, the Bucks fell to sixth place in the Eastern Conference, one game behind Atlanta (41-38) and one game ahead of Chicago (39-40) and Indiana (39-40). Ninth-place Miami (38-41) is another game back.

"We've got to cross the finish line of Stage One, and that's getting the notch by your name to make the playoffs," coach Jason Kidd said in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "We had an opportunity to do that (Thursday) and we didn't. But the way that we're playing is not the way we were in March. We've got to get back to playing the way we did in March, defensively and offensively.

"In March and April, everyone is trying to win. The teams that are not in the playoffs are trying to win, too. They're trying to get better. You can't take anybody lightly and you can't exhale. We have to get back to being the aggressors."

And to limiting mistakes.

"We had way too many turnovers (Thursday)," Kidd told the Journal Sentinel. "We talked about it before the game; we've got to take care of the ball. Get shots, make or miss. That puts you in a bad situation defensively because they're going to take advantage of it, and they did."

The Bucks have been without rookie point guard Malcolm Brogdon (back tightness) the last four games, and he will not play Saturday, either. He is expected to return before the end of the regular season; the Bucks' other two remaining games are against Charlotte next Monday and at Boston next Wednesday.

Philadelphia, which has dropped five straight games to fall to 28-51, has lost five players for the season to injury, and backup point guard Sergio Rodriguez has missed the last six games with a strained left hamstring. He was scheduled to be re-evaluated on Friday.

In addition, rookie forward Dario Saric is on a minutes restriction because of plantar fasciitis in his left foot, and point guard T.J. McConnell briefly left Thursday's 102-90 loss to Chicago with a sprained left ankle. He later returned.

The Sixers shot just 36.3 percent from the floor and 21.2 percent from 3-point range against the Bulls. They led only in the game's opening minutes and trailed by at least eight points over the final 22:50.

"We just couldn't get over the hump," Sixers coach Brett Brown said. "The first period (in which Philadelphia was outscored 27-17) kind of set the stage. We really had a hard time scoring."

Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 166

Re: GT: 4/8/17 Bucks @ 76ers (6pm CST - FSN-WI+ ) 

Post#2 » by Istanbullus » Sat Apr 8, 2017 8:08 am

I'd say that this needs to be the kind of win that gives us some swagger back but it could just be a fool's gold win. If we don't win 2 of our next 3, the playoffs will be lukewarm entertainment. Mids and Monroe need to find themselves over the next 3 games.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#3 » by Prince12 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 10:59 am

http://www.woelfelspressbox.com/blog-entry/103/beasley-says-he-is-fit-but-kidd-lets-him-sit

Did anyone read woelful's article on bleacher. Mistake ridden **** by the bucks insider.

Article was complaining about Beas' lack of minutes. First of all he says we lost to the pacers 79-110. Our second straight 79 point game. That score was the OKC game and we scored 89 against the pacers.

He then goes on to say Beas' only played 5 minutes against the pacers (true) and said it was the exact same amount of time he played in the last game against okc. Incorrect again, he played 11 against okc.

Seriously, I don't really care about his opinion but this is just embarrassing I knew these numbers off the top of my head and this guy who's job is to cover the bucks has no **** clue what so ever. I'm not suprised just wanted to point it out.

Clown.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#4 » by Prince12 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 11:02 am

Anyway, needless to say we need to win but even more so we need to just get back on track. Tighten up the defense and tighten up our handle on the ball.

The last two games have been as sloppy and lacklustre as any all year. Truly alarming given the time of year. Get the win and seal our spot.

Mids and Moose need to get their **** together.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#5 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 11:18 am

L
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#6 » by sidney lanier » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:34 pm

Prince12 wrote:http://www.woelfelspressbox.com/blog-entry/103/beasley-says-he-is-fit-but-kidd-lets-him-sit

Did anyone read woelful's article on bleacher. Mistake ridden **** by the bucks insider.

Article was complaining about Beas' lack of minutes. First of all he says we lost to the pacers 79-110. Our second straight 79 point game. That score was the OKC game and we scored 89 against the pacers.

He then goes on to say Beas' only played 5 minutes against the pacers (true) and said it was the exact same amount of time he played in the last game against okc. Incorrect again, he played 11 against okc.

Seriously, I don't really care about his opinion but this is just embarrassing I knew these numbers off the top of my head and this guy who's job is to cover the bucks has no **** clue what so ever. I'm not suprised just wanted to point it out.

Clown.

The Bucks, seemingly a lock to make the playoffs just week or so ago, are suddenly battling for their playoff lives. They are in the fifth seed with a 40-39 record, right behind Atlanta (40-38), and just in front of Chicago (39-40), Indiana (39-40) and Miami (38-40).

Counting to six is overrated, big boy.

Seriously, as bad as Gery is, he isn't this bad. This post was probably written by a friend. One of the many things to look forward to as interest in the Bucks increases over the next couple of years will be competent coverage.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#7 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:40 pm

The Sixers are fielding a complete D league team. And unlike earlier when the Bucks lost to them, these Sixer scrubs have only three games left to prove their worth to get on an NBA roster next season. In other words, forget team play. The Sixer scrubs are going to chuck like Y ball to put up ppgz stats at this juncture.

Bucks should win this one going away.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#8 » by Wisky4life » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:52 pm

Bucks win easy and GIannis flirts with a triple double.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Post#9 » by Serge28 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 3:28 pm

This is by far the easiest of the 3 games we have left and a must win. Hopefully Charlotte is officially eliminated by Monday. Hopefully Boston is locked into 2nd by Wednesday.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,405

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:03 pm

For no reason other than I've been a Bucks fan for a long time this game worries the hell out of me.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#11 » by tydett » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:07 pm

Lose to this team and losing out is 100% possible. Lose to this team and any goodwill leftover from March is gone.

Pretty much guarantees a loss.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,301

Post#12 » by 3Diamantidis » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:18 pm

Play Giannis on Saric the entire game.
Let the scoring for midds, monroe and (hopefully) beas.
If we don't use Giannis on saric on all his mins(restricted or not), we are stupid and nothing else to be said.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#13 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:20 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:The Sixers are fielding a complete D league team. And unlike earlier when the Bucks lost to them, these Sixer scrubs have only three games left to prove their worth to get on an NBA roster next season. In other words, forget team play. The Sixer scrubs are going to chuck like Y ball to put up ppgz stats at this juncture.

Whats wild is there's not much separation between their minimum contract "scrubs" & our expensive role players/spare parts.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#14 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#15 » by freewhitemoon » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:37 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:The Sixers are fielding a complete D league team. And unlike earlier when the Bucks lost to them, these Sixer scrubs have only three games left to prove their worth to get on an NBA roster next season. In other words, forget team play. The Sixer scrubs are going to chuck like Y ball to put up ppgz stats at this juncture.

Whats wild is there's not much separation between their minimum contract "scrubs" & our expensive role players/spare parts.

They actually looked like they might pass us until Embiid went out
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#16 » by ducler » Sat Apr 8, 2017 4:57 pm

ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#17 » by ampd » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:14 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:

I think you overestimate the guys they still have playing. If we lose to them in a must win game for us we don't deserve the playoffs.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#18 » by kid idioteque » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:21 pm

Serge28 wrote:Hopefully Charlotte is officially eliminated by Monday.

Yeah, but the last time we played a recently eliminated team we were curb stomped by J.J. Barea.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#19 » by trwi7 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 6:00 pm

LLLL
LLLL
LLLL
LLLL
LLLL
LLLL
LLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Presence
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#20 » by Presence » Sat Apr 8, 2017 6:53 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:Play Giannis on Saric the entire game.
Let the scoring for midds, monroe and (hopefully) beas.
If we don't use Giannis on saric on all his mins(restricted or not), we are stupid and nothing else to be said.

What are you even talking about?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks